IGNORED

Best time to go to immigration?

Rick Blaine

I need to get a residency certificate for K Bank

Haven't been to immigration in a while so please tell me the best time to get there and what day.

TIA

I've often seen Mondays and Fridays (and first 1-2 days after a Thai holiday) are ill advised. But perhaps some of that mainly applies to Bangkok.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Why bother? 500 baht a agent will do for you. Just need a residency letter from the juristic office where your staying. Oh and 2 passport sized photos. 

PM me if you want the name of the agent I use.

I've been twice this week and was surprised to find a long queue to go inside. I didnt wait.

Was monday and friday at 13:00, which people say is busiest.

I'll try tuesday, I pass often.

Maybe its russians doing paperwork and planning their holidays in Kiev.... 555.

Edited by rog555
  • Like 1

I recently used the online appintment system for me Retirement Visa. My appointment was for 1.15pm Jomtien. I did not collect a queue number, went direct to the Desk 7. I was walking out of the Immigration Office at 1.27pm.  Though the passport not ready until Monday afternoon. 

See  http://www.immchonburi.go.th/ 

Edited by Jarrod2518
  • Like 3

On 11/03/2022 at 14:26, WhiteThai said:

Why bother? 500 baht a agent will do for you. Just need a residency letter from the juristic office where your staying. Oh and 2 passport sized photos. 

PM me if you want the name of the agent I use.

Thanks for that heads up but I went to  the agent I've used last Friday and she explained they can do  the certificate for everything except the bank.    She said  those have to be done by the individual.

But thank's for the post as you reminded me about the two passport sized photos.    I forgot.

I'll send you a PM because your agent is half what mine charges for the cert.

Edited by Rick Blaine

• 10 months later...

I prefer to go in the early morning 8:30 a.m. from Tuesday to Thursday. It is not so hot and there are not too many poeple if there is no special reason. 

On 11/03/2022 at 13:50, Rick Blaine said:

- - - the best time to get there and what day.

It depends on the reason for the visit. If it is a 90day report it is nowadays very easy to complete. The desk outside the building reduces the queuing though you have to either wait or return about an hour later to pick up your passport. I just go to the nearby Amazon Cafe for a coffee so not a great hassle.