IGNORED

A risk in applying for an eVisa

Jonesy99

I am in UK and I am using the online evisa system for the first time to apply for a STV to get a 90-day stay.  The application asks for the flight details (dates and flight numbers) with a requirement to submit accompanying documentary proof.   It strikes me that there is a bit of a risk because if I buy the flight tickets there is no guarantee my visa application will be approved (in theory only - I dont have any reasons to be declined).   So  I can't get the visa without first paying for the flight.   

Before buying the ticket I thought to ask the following questions to you guys......

Q1/   Is this a condition for the 60-day visa also?    

Q2/  Anyone know potential reasons why a 90-day visa request coud be declined?   I reckon its a formality I will be granted the visa, but just thought to call out for information.   

I have only ever gone to Thailand on the 30-day visa exemption path so this has surprised me.  I always thought the visa would be granted first, then I book a flight to align with the visa active dates.   

Yes I guess it is a bit of a risk as if you buy a ticket that's isn't refundable and they deny the visa you could lose out, from what I read previously there is some airlines that do still give a refund if denied a visa though just not many.

A lot of the airlines are offering pretty flexible tickets with the basic economy ones at moment though, so you can change dates, bank in a travel account and use within a fairly long time etc so that helps as at least gives you some options that don't cost more money.

In regards to the visa  when I done my 60 day visa pretty sure I had to put in flight details etc aswell.

As for why a visa would be refused would mostly think it would be if you had previous problems with your  Thai immigration records eg overstaying or something. Unless your a dodgy person with interpol warrant on them  that could be a cause aswell 555.

Thanks Steve.  I guess we are where we are and its no longer possible to use a zero risk plan.  

I hear from a lawyer friend in BKK, who is always a good supply of trusted information, that the proposals from Thai department of health are to have removed all the 'Test and Go' and Thailand Pass restrictions by July 1st.   From then they advise treating covid the same as the regular flu virus.   Bring it on.