IGNORED

Holy Travel Bargains Batman!

Alex the Hedonist

Just found this one on Expedia boyz...thought Id share.

I know Ive heard some negative about China Airlines, but if you need a budget flight, cheapest Ive seen in YEARS!!!!

LAX Los Angeles to

BKK Bangkok

Leave: Wed 29-Apr

Return: Wed 27-May

1 adult $590.00

Taxes & Fees $76.10

Total $666.10

Cheers, Alex

1 Review the flight details

Traveling to Bangkok

Wed 29-Apr-09 Web Fare

Los Angeles (LAX)

Depart 3:15 pm

Terminal TOM BRADLEY INTL TERM to Taipei (TPE)

Arrive 8:20 pm +1 day

Terminal 2 6,781 mi

(10,913 km)

Duration: 14hr 5mn

CI

Flight: 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3Economy/Coach Class, Meal, Boeing 747-400

Thu 30-Apr-09 Web Fare

Taipei (TPE)

Depart 10:30 pm

Terminal 1 to Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive 1:05 am +1 day 1,555 mi

(2,503 km)

Duration: 3hr 35mn

CI

Flight: 65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total distance: 8,336 mi (13,415 km)

Total duration: 17hr 40mn (19hr 50mn with connections)

Traveling to Los Angeles

Wed 27-May-09 Web Fare

Bangkok (BKK)

Depart 2:45 pm to Hong Kong (HKG)

Arrive 6:45 pm

Terminal 1 1,049 mi

(1,688 km)

Duration: 3hr 0mn

CI

Flight: 642

3Economy/Coach Class, Meal, AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300

Hong Kong (HKG)

Depart 8:05 pm

Terminal 1 to Taipei (TPE)

Arrive 9:45 pm

Terminal 1 510 mi

(821 km)

Duration: 1hr 40mn

CI

Flight: 642

3Economy/Coach Class, Meal, AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300

Taipei (TPE)

Depart 11:20 pm

Terminal 2 to Los Angeles (LAX)

Arrive 8:05 pm

Terminal TOM BRADLEY INTL TERM 6,781 mi

(10,913 km)

Duration: 11hr 45mn

CI

Flight: 8

Total distance: 8,340 mi (13,422 km)

Total duration: 16hr 25mn (19hr 20mn with connections)

Edited by Alleycat

Thanks Alex. Now if they will just start dropping fares in June/July, I'd be ready to roll. So far, fares seem to jump 40-50% in those months.

I already booked my round trip LAX to BKK with EVA for $672 for May and June. However, that special is gone. As for China Air, yes the fight is cheap. However, the seating is the worst of any airline I have ever flown. Terrible for anyone taller than 5'6. However, since CA is charging half of what Thai Air is charging, the $600 saving may be worth it. But Thai Air's seating is exceptional.

I have to agree with farang1...the "Premium" economy on Thai Air is running about $1600 right now (Lax to Bkk)...and it ROCKS...well worth the $400 bump from their $1200ish regular economy seat...FYI.

Cheers, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I have to agree with farang1...the "Premium" economy on Thai Air is running about $1600 right now (Lax to Bkk)...and it ROCKS...well worth the $400 bump from their $1200ish regular economy seat...FYI.

Cheers, Alex

This means that the Thai Air Premium is over $900 more than China Air. That is nearly one month's worth of longtimes. In that case, I will go for CA, and live with the cramped conditions for a brief time. Also, CA leaves LAX at a better time, 3:10 in the afternoon, while Thai Air leaves at 11 P.M.

Cheers, Alex

Eva's below a grand $996 (all in) Deluxe SFO-BKK for those who can leave the last day of the month 3/31. Best price in years. Didn't check LAX though. Go to HOT-E-FARES. Most fares in the $1100s for the next few months. wj