IGNORED

Question about calling a Thai cell phone number from the USA

Hi, I’ve been trying to call a Thai lady who’s gone missing. When I call her cell phone it rings endlessly (I can let it ring 20 times or more). Would that indicate that the phone is turned off? 

I last talked to her 5 days ago just before she was to drive from Isan to Chiangmai. It’s unlike her to disappear, and I’m becoming concerned. 

Any advice on tracking her down if she fails to turn up? 

Thanks

FME, if it keeps ringing, the number is active but either the phone is off or the user isn't picking up.  if the number was turned off, you'd receive a recording. You could try texting to her Thai # or if you have her Line details (same as her phone #?), that seems to be the preferred method of contact for most Thai girls nowadays.

Hopefully she's okay, good luck!

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

If the cellphone is off you’re going to immediately get their answer phone message which is saved on the network, not on the phone itself.  It’s ringing on their end. 

I wouldn't be so sure. If you're calling using your European number to Thai number it is doing all kind of crazy stuff for no reason. Depending on your provider, country code format, used local number with leading zero or not, it can be totally silent, ringing, failing to connect, number not found...and it means absolutely nothing. I had tons of problems in the past.

Best is to ask somebody with thai number to call her from Thailand to be 100% sure.

Edited by pickingberries

If I was you I would have send her a message on Line and ask her to call. 

Thanks for the reply’s. We normally use telegram to communicate. Telegram shows when the user was last active. She was last active on February 28. 

I know she was going to drive through a rural route to avoid Bangkok. 

Does anyone know if there is someone who could be hired to find out what happened to her? I do have her full name but not her address. 

29 minutes ago, yoyohat said:

..... She was last active on 28th February----- She may have lost her telephone 

Does anyone know if there is someone who could be hired to find out what happened to her? I do have her full name but not her address..... Google private investigator Bangkok.

What social media accounts do you have for her?

“Givers have to set limits because takers never do.” - Henry Ford

"No matter how hot she is.... somebody, somewhere is sick to death of her shit" - Me

I was just contacted by her roommate (I didn’t have the roommate’s contact info and didn’t know she had mine). The roommate is now concerned. She was supposed to be back two days ago. At least now I’m in touch with someone who can let me know what is going on. Tomorrow the roommate will contact a member of my lady friend’s family to see if they can go find her. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yoyohat said:

Hi, I’ve been trying to call a Thai lady who’s gone missing. When I call her cell phone it rings endlessly (I can let it ring 20 times or more). Would that indicate that the phone is turned off? 

I last talked to her 5 days ago just before she was to drive from Isan to Chiangmai. It’s unlike her to disappear, and I’m becoming concerned. 

Any advice on tracking her down if she fails to turn up? 

Thanks

Could she be ignoring you ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shamrocksam said:

Could she be ignoring you ?

I wish. I fear for the worst. 

14 hours ago, yoyohat said:

I was just contacted by her roommate (I didn’t have the roommate’s contact info and didn’t know she had mine). The roommate is now concerned. She was supposed to be back two days ago. At least now I’m in touch with someone who can let me know what is going on. Tomorrow the roommate will contact a member of my lady friend’s family to see if they can go find her. 

Ask the friend to send your girl's name typed in Thai, then you can google the net and see if anything pops up.