IGNORED

Nightclub raided and patrons arrested

thailandkid

FROM PATTAYA ONE NEWS

In the very early hours of Monday morning Khun Pongsit, the Deputy Chief of Banglamung District, and officers from Banglamung and Pattaya police stations decided to get into the Mixx Nightclub at the Bali-Hai port end of South Pattaya. Approximately 200 patrons were inside at the time and all were asked to provide a urine sample to test whether they had ingested illegal narcotics in recent hours. The result of the testing saw 43 people, 41 females and two males, all Thai nationals, return a positive to methamphetamine in their systems. They were subsequently arrested and brought to a local police station to be charged with drug use offences. The nightclub was open after its official operating hours and a report will be sent to the Banglamung licensing authorities for further action.

IF THE LAST TRAIN TO HEAVEN STOPS AT PATTAYA GET OFF

I'm either sleeping or fucking at that time of morning, plus I'm not a Thai national. None of this affects me and I'm glad the BIB are taking the steps to enforce it's drug laws.

Eat. Down. South.

I'm either sleeping or fucking at that time of morning, plus I'm not a Thai national. None of this affects me and I'm glad the BIB are taking the steps to enforce it's drug laws.

Seems to me the enforcement of drug laws in Thailand and often elsewhere have little to do with the Desire to make society better. As horrible as the crystal problem is it won't be solved by draconian drug laws. Most other drugs are less harmful than Alcohol. The drug war has caused so much more misery and contributed to the decay of society than drugs ever have. It helps create so much more corruption and abuse than there ever was before it was started.

Sadly most people take your approach " None of this affects me", when it clearly affects everyone. How crazy it would be if they suddenly started widespread executions and life sentences for drinking alcohol in most countries.

I hope this doesn't come across as a personal attack, because I seem to recall reading many good posts by you, but it really bothers me what has happened to the world because of the war on drugs. Many people in the world see people who use drugs similarly to the way they see hookers - as worthless, evil, sub-human trash. This point of view has been enthusiastically encouraged by the US for many years. I have had a lot of personal tragedy in this area when I was younger so don't take this as me supporting people ruining there life with drugs.

I suppose I see imprisoning or executing people for drugs similar to them dragging someone out of their hotel room and executing them because they were with a BG.

I hope that they don't start enforcing their anti-prositution laws. :P

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I hope that they don't start enforcing their anti-prositution laws. :laugh:

ummm...enforcing the prostitution laws??? that would effect me, id be really bummed out, might have to turn to drugs....lol.

...Most other drugs are less harmful than Alcohol...

I don't see many people denying the harm that alcohol causes...however to state that 'most other drugs are less harmful' seems way off the mark.

ive seen the xrays...crystal meth actually rots your brain away...makes your teeth fall out, and who knows what else...i would say idiocy, but that must be a pre-condition for its use.

Cheers, Alex

what can you do cheers for the heads up T.C.

G.O.M.

FROM PATTAYA ONE NEWS

In the very early hours of Monday morning Khun Pongsit, the Deputy Chief of Banglamung District, and officers from Banglamung and Pattaya police stations decided to get into the Mixx Nightclub at the Bali-Hai port end of South Pattaya. Approximately 200 patrons were inside at the time and all were asked to provide a urine sample to test whether they had ingested illegal narcotics in recent hours. The result of the testing saw 43 people, 41 females and two males, all Thai nationals, return a positive to methamphetamine in their systems. They were subsequently arrested and brought to a local police station to be charged with drug use offences. The nightclub was open after its official operating hours and a report will be sent to the Banglamung licensing authorities for further action.

We told you to behave nicely during the ASEAN summit :GoldenSmile1:

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

i think if the drugs get out off control it will ruin the place what happens when u test postive

I hope that they don't start enforcing their anti-prositution laws. :CatDance1:

Holy crap, don't even joke about that.... I don't want to have nightmares :GoldenSmile1:

Next trip May 2012

• 2 weeks later...

So this time they only arrested Thais. But what kind of procedure is there? Could urine samples get mixed up and an innocent person be arrested? This is scary stuff folks....

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

This is the same bullshit that goes on in the rest of the world....a waste of resources. Why not spend more police resources on the murders that are being committed, etc. rather than bothering people that are just trying to have a good time??

Whatever gets you through the night.....is alright! - in my opinion. Disclaimer: "I stole this from The Beatles"

As long as you're not bothering anyone what's the problem?