Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Question - Home wireless router service providers in the Khon Kaen area ?

ChiFlyer

The GF and I are building a small house (about 150 sqm) in the rural Khon Kaen area.  I am starting to look at selecting a provider for our home wireless service. 

Having a robust and reliable service is important to me. In the Pattaya area I use CAT with a fiber connection and I could not be more pleased with it. I pay for a robust package at about 738 THB per month. Prior to this, we used BBB. The BBB performance was decent, but I found the reliability to be disappointing.

I have been doing searches on this topic and it looks like CAT is not listed as one of the top providers in this area (or they were and their KK office is now closed). BBB seems to be the top provider.

Any info and personal experiences related to this topic would be appreciated. Like I said I am a higher end user and am willing to pay for what I want.

Edited by ChiFlyer

• ChiFlyer changed the title to Question - Home wireless router service providers in the Khon Kaen area ?

I dug a little deeper on this and it appears that the CAT C Internet (fiber) service that I want is available throughout Thailand.

https://www.cattelecom.com/cat/cat-internet?lang=en_EN

I have sent an email to CAT asking them to verify my understanding of what is available and asking for directions on how to proceed.

We also spoke to one of the neighbors at the new location and he (a relative) confirmed that it is available. He does not use it as he has no needs to justify the higher prices.

More later.

Hey mate,

No idea about up there but my understanding is CAT is Thailand's communication company and provide all the larger cable and infrastructure. 3BB, True etc then tap into that resource and resell the line. If that makes sense. At least I think that is how it goes. :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update -> I was able to get the service that I wanted installed in the new house. It was not done through a Khon Kaen office, but rather a municipality that is closer to the area in question. I was told that I am the first residential service in the area.

The GF's brother, who has a municipality job, was a huge help in getting this done.

Heading up there for Songkran, so I will provide an update later.