IGNORED

Non Immigrant O - retirement

penboy

20 hours ago, penboy said:

Thanks. The embassy in London replied to my query and confirmed that I do NOT need to be in receipt of state pension. £10k in the bank is sufficient.

£10k GBP is less than 450K THB, do you not need the equivalent of 800K in your UK Bank to get the Non-Imm O / OA in the UK? 

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

£10k GBP is less than 450K THB, do you not need the equivalent of 800K in your UK Bank to get the Non-Imm O / OA in the UK? 

£10k is ok from what they said. I assume the 800k baht applies in Thailand. I'll update this thread if/when I apply for the Non O back in the UK.

23 hours ago, penboy said:

Thanks. The embassy in London replied to my query and confirmed that I do NOT need to be in receipt of state pension. £10k in the bank is sufficient.

The way it used to be described on the RTE London website implied a state pension was needed but that’s not the case. You can just show the bank balance.

3 hours ago, JB300 said:

1 hour ago, penboy said:

£10k is ok from what they said. I assume the 800k baht applies in Thailand. I'll update this thread if/when I apply for the Non O back in the UK.

The requirements to obtain a visa in your home country are completely different to the requirements for annual extensions of stay once you are in Thailand.

For the Non O ‘for Retirement’ from RTE London:

• Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland. Copy of health insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand.

The Health Insurance was only added during Covid it didn’t used to be needed. As it’s a 90-day visa the coverage needs to be for 90 days. It’s not needed for subsequent Extensions of Stay in Thailand.

The Non O is not considered to be a long stay visa so the requirements are a lot less onerous than for the Non O-A. For the O-A:

Non-Immigrant Type O- A (Long Stay) 1 Year/Multiple entries 

• Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages

• A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
  • Certificate of criminal record clearance from the UK (ACRO, DBS, or issued by the police) or Ireland
  • Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, for at least 1 month
  • Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Davidge, am I correct in thinking that the 90 day Non O cannot be extended by 30 days as per the 60 day SETV?

4 hours ago, penboy said:

Davidge, am I correct in thinking that the 90 day Non O cannot be extended by 30 days as per the 60 day SETV?

It CAN be extended for 30 days (as always ultimately up to the IO) but it’s rarely done as most people just go straight to the annual extensions.

On 28/03/2022 at 13:30, davidge said:

It CAN be extended for 30 days (as always ultimately up to the IO) but it’s rarely done as most people just go straight to the annual extensions.

I've spoken with my agent in Pattaya and he says it can only be extended by either 7 days or 1 year. The 30 day extension is not available.

3 hours ago, penboy said:

I've spoken with my agent in Pattaya and he says it can only be extended by either 7 days or 1 year. The 30 day extension is not available.

That's correct, a non-immigrant visa (of any kind) cannot be extended by 30 days.

3 hours ago, penboy said:

Well, I know of a couple of people that have done it - though neither was recently. If it’s changed, or if IO won’t do it now, then apologies.

4 minutes ago, alexlad said:

That's correct, a non-immigrant visa (of any kind) cannot be extended by 30 days.

You can get a 60 day extension on the basis of ‘family’. A friend was offered one 18 months ago as he has a Thai daughter. He decided to go straight to the annual extension instead.

4 hours ago, penboy said:

The 7 days is basically a failed extension (e.g. turning up at immigration without meeting the requirements to extend your Non-Imm O & you'll be given 7 days to get your stuff together & leave) Same thing would happen if you tried to extend a Visa Exempt / Tourist visa more than 1 time... you'll get the 7 days to leave.

Have never heard of anybody getting the 7 days & extending again without leaving the country, but TiT so anything is possible.

Edited by JB300

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

The 7 days is basically a failed extension (e.g. turning up at immigration without meeting the requirements to extend your Non-Imm O & you'll be given 7 days to get your stuff together & leave) Same thing would happen if you tried to extend a Visa Exempt / Tourist visa more than 1 time... you'll get the 7 days to leave.

Have never heard of anybody getting the 7 days & extending again without leaving the country, but TiT so anything is possible.

Yes, a golfing mate was intending to do a 6 day overstay and pay at immigration on departure. Being the fine upstanding honest chappy that he is, he was concerned about breaking the rules.

I told him about the 7 day ''final'' extension.

• Like 1