Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mike's Shopping Mall - Jeans

Slapper

I'm sure I had a thread about this before, can't find it.

I'm wondering for those there recently if Mike's Mall is open and if the Indian guys selling jeans are there?

Or anybody selling jeans?  I usually always got them from the young indain guys and wondering if that stuff is still going on?

12 minutes ago, Slapper said:

I'm sure I had a thread about this before, can't find it.

I'm wondering for those there recently if Mike's Mall is open and if the Indian guys selling jeans are there?

Or anybody selling jeans?  I usually always got them from the young indain guys and wondering if that stuff is still going on?

Don't know about jeans, but it seems like most of the sellers have returned there. Mike's is my short cut to soi Diana so I'm only passing through.

• Like 2

Yes Mike Mall is open and selling all the usual replica stuff including jeans.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Any jeans or shorts I've bought from the markets barely last, not impressed with the quality. 

Snide jeans are the worst just don’t fit right, better off buying a pair of original jeans from a proper shop in central/terminal only 1500/2000 Baht and will fit right and last for years 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Snide jeans are the worst just don’t fit right, better off buying a pair of original jeans from a proper shop in central/terminal only 1500/2000 Baht and will fit right and last for years 

My thoughts exactly. I've been buying most of my clothes from Uniqlo and satisfied with the quality.

I have been digging the Deisel replicas from Mike's Mall, so I'll see if I can get more in styles I like, thanks guys, good to know the scene is back there.

• Like 1

I buy the majority of my clothing from the USA and bring it with me to Thailand.

Much better fit and quality than the crap from Mike’s.

I buy any kind of copy brand clothes , except jeans, I buy jeans at H&M.

I find copy brand jeans pretty bad quality and size issues

Edited by mastepriwe

1 hour ago, SLEUTH said:

Do not buy fake jeans or trainers in Thailand

By trainers you mean sneakers ?

I use to find some good quality Nike Air copies since several years for less than 1200 baht for example for VaporMax off-white, but last time, few weeks ago for the first time I bought a (50% discounted, 1750 instead of 3500 baht) Skechers at one of their shop in a BKK mall. They are very light and comfy, feel like wearing slippers

Edited by mastepriwe

MBK Center in BKK got the best quality and choices but overpriced, probably in part because they got a lot of Gulf Arab customers even now during covid times.

3 hours ago, mastepriwe said:

I use to find some good quality Nike Air copies since several years for less than 1200 baht for example for VaporMax off-white, but last time, few weeks ago for the first time I bought a (50% discounted, 1750 instead of 3500 baht) Skechers at one of their shop in a BKK mall. They are very light and comfy, feel like wearing slippers

I have the vapormax off white too. The kids in the gym all stare at them ...as if i'd pay £300! 

Also got 3 pairs of nike flyknit racer. They're all great quality and i have a lot of footwear to compare against. 

39 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I have the vapormax off white too. The kids in the gym all stare at them ...as if i'd pay £300! 

Also got 3 pairs of nike flyknit racer. They're all great quality and i have a lot of footwear to compare against. 

Late 2018, i bought the VaporMax off-white in "Pattaya Night Bazaar" on second road, Pattaya, the vendor lady asked 1800, I easily bargained 1200, since I kept buying sneakers to this shop. The whole place has closed because of covid, at least it was still closed in November 2021

The jeans I got in Pattaya have been fantastic in fit and last as long as the store bought jeans over here, so I do it to get some variations and actually a better fit as I prefer 34 leg and 32 is mostly available.

I wouldn't buy knock off sneakers, not because they won't last but because they could be detrimental to your feet and health. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2022 at 15:46, mastepriwe said:

Two countries separated by the same language

• 3 months later...
On 19/02/2022 at 04:53, Slapper said:

The jeans I got in Pattaya have been fantastic in fit and last as long as the store bought jeans over here, so I do it to get some variations and actually a better fit as I prefer 34 leg and 32 is mostly available.

I wouldn't buy knock off sneakers, not because they won't last but because they could be detrimental to your feet and health. 

I agree, Bought jeans there for years, quality is very good for 700-750 baht quality has been no different ti what i have paid 4 or 5000 baht in UK

And likewise trainers/sneakers i would stay away from as quality not going to be anywhere as good nike air for example way they are built is different level on originals 

3 hours ago, londoner2 said:

And likewise trainers/sneakers i would stay away from as quality not going to be anywhere as good nike air for example way they are built is different level on originals 

I have 4 pairs of nike's and whilst i wouldn't do excessive running in them, overall the quality is excellent. The kids in the gym stare at my £300 trainers as if they are real!

Ok if you are happy with them all that matters but the technology that goes into designing a pair of those trainers is quite estensive, foot support cushioning etc and design minimally and you will notice alot if differences when comparing the 2 side by side, if you arent running etc ok

I bought a knock off pair of Adidas Ultra Boost from the first shoe stall on the left as you go into Mike's Mall from BR. It was in 2019, cost £20. Thought I would wear them when walking around looking for action and leave them when I went home. Still wearing them almost 3 years later, put some insoles in them for a bit more cushioning. I'm back in Pattaya in 2 weeks. Will get another pair and donate the old ones