Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Just completed my annual %uck over on Soi 5 for retirement visa

maxtroy

In the past I went the pension route on my renewal and invariably they would throw a new requirement like " Sorry sir we need copy of last year tax return " . I saw no written

requirement for this but TIT.  So this year I decided to go the money in the bank route and deposited over 800K baht in my Thai bank account 4 months in advance . I have

read requirements of 3 months prior on new application to 2 months prior on renewal '

Armed with bank letter and bank book updated that morning , photos, copy of chanote and blue book and photocopied passport I arrived thinking I was covered .

New guy on Desk 8 reviews paperwork and says there is a problem because I do not show 800Kbaht in bank account from 12 months prior . I tried explaining Immigrations 

written requirements but he says I don;t understand . I asked him to produce the written requirements and pointed out there is no mention of 12 months prior only 3 months

in the copy he shows me . Again he tells me I don't understand . At this point ,in my minds eye ,I put my hands around his throat while explaining I do understand .

Now it is time to negotiate an alternative and he says he will accept my documentation from the previous year to approve my application . Of course I don;t have it 

with me so back to the condo ,collect all the paperwork and back to soi 5.   Finally get my approval .  After 10 years of this bullshit I am convinced the game is to push people 

to Visa agents or for the well heeled the Elite Visa scam . I may end up leaving 800K in a bank account for a year and see what new fuck over they come up with next year .

• Have at least THB800,000 held in a Thai saving or fixed deposit account for a designated period of time, which is currently three months before the application. For a Thailand Retirement Visa Renewal, this is again three months before the application, but also it must be held for three months after. A letter and copies of your bank book will be required to confirm that this is the case
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hate listening to someone tell me "I don't understand" 

The real issue is this...But, I do understand and I don't agree with your interpretation of the designated time required.

I share your frustration as I have been through the process 5 times myself in Pattaya.

I appreciate your frustrations. Dealing with immigration is a PIA, to put it mildly. 
But, while it's not impossible they want to push people in that direction, Thai Elite is definitely not a scam. Sounds a bit CT to me, as visas etc were a hassle long before TE existed.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You are correct about the 800k in the bank. Bother is also a stipulation that it must not below 400k at any other time. Stupid really as the reason for the 800k is to show you that have what they deem enough funds to last you the full year, but then they don't allow you to spend it. But we all know about Thais and logic.

I agree. They want to push people to use agents so they all get a piece of the pie. For me I wouldn't mind if they made agents compulsory so long as the cost reflected the service. It usually takes me 2 visits of less than 30 minutes to do my extension and that is not worth the fees of 8k baht or more, plus I still have to attend in person to get my photo taken. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxtroy said:

may end up leaving 800K in a bank account for a year and see what new fuck over they come up with next year .

At the very least you are supposed to have 400K year round and 800K 3 months before and after.  But I think it is safest to have 800K in the same account for the entire year.

Based on my friend's experiences, it seems that recently Jomtien Immigration is coming up with new interpretations of the rules.  Think they want people to use agents.

• Like 2

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

After 10 years of this bullshit I am convinced the game is to push people 

to Visa agents or for the well heeled the Elite Visa scam . I may end up leaving 800K in a bank account for a year and see what new fuck over they come up with next year .

Absolutely, they pushed me into using an agent couple of years ago when you had to jump through more and more hoops and to tell you the truth its so stress free, am pleased they did

No bank level worries, no 90 day reporting (agent does that free) 

If you got the money in the bank for 3 months prior to your renewal its only about 8000 b , (Maneerat travel on soi post office)

thats including the 1900 b for the renewal

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

9 minutes ago, pattayagolf said:

After 10 years of this bullshit I am convinced the game is to push people 

Absolutely, they pushed me into using an agent couple of years ago when you had to jump through more and more hoops and to tell you the truth its so stress free, am pleased they did

No bank level worries, no 90 day reporting (agent does that free) 

If you got the money in the bank for 3 months prior to your renewal its only about 8000 b , (Maneerat travel on soi post office)

thats including the 1900 b for the renewal

This is exactly correct.

It was all BS with the ever changing rules (lies).

I ended up applying for the Elite Visa by myself because at least the Thailand Elite Visa people were very clear about what I needed and it actually matched what was written on their website.

I passed without any problems and all the BS is behind me now.

Was it expensive? Yes, but I am done with the BS for 20 years.

Edited by LASportsNut

39 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

I appreciate your frustrations. Dealing with immigration is a PIA, to put it mildly. 
But, while it's not impossible they want to push people in that direction, Thai Elite is definitely not a scam. Sounds a bit CT to me, as visas etc were a hassle long before TE existed.

. Sounds a bit CT to me, as visas etc were a hassle long before TE existed.

Really CT ? Well I was trying to be polite and not say a program administered by corrupt halfwits lining their pockets

through planned or indirect malfeasance .  The last 2 people I have known to deal with Soi 5 have had to pay agents  20K and 12K respectively to get extensions to their Visa's . There is no theory at play here.

I won't pay so I jump through the hoops so the $unts don't get an extra baht out of me . @uck them . 

Before I hear the inevitable if you don't like Thailand leave let me say I love Thailand and just detest the soi 5 gang .

4 minutes ago, maxtroy said:

I was trying to be polite and not say a program administered by corrupt halfwits lining their pockets through planned or indirect malfeasance

Where do you get this (RE TE)? 

4 minutes ago, maxtroy said:

The last 2 people I have known to deal with Soi 5 have had to pay agents  20K and 12K respectively to get extensions to their Visa's

Right. But that has nothing to do with TE.

Mind you. I'm not a spokesperson for that company. But I've been very satisfied with them and not come across any corruption or malfeasance. 

• Like 1

One thing that is nice about the Thai Elite Visa is the Fast Pass.

I already have a APEC Card and totally forget about this feature.

If you have an Elite Visa you can fast track upon "Arrival" and "Departure."

This is an added bonus if you arrive at the airport late or if you want to get inside BKK to go to a lounge or get a massage before your flight.

Thailand Elite is a scam as it is the product of a dishonest scheme to frustrate people to the point they pay a ridiculous amount of money to avoid headaches .

TE cost 1,000,000 baht and at the end of 20 years you have nothing . Hopefully you live 20 years after taking out the TE.

Pension route you pay 1900 + 2000? for multiple rentry + 200 baht bank fee so 4100 baht a year adjust for inflation and may be 100,000 baht for 20 years - savings 900Kbaht with out accounting for accrued interest .

Money in bank you pay 1900 + 2000? for multiple rentry + 200 baht bank fee so 4100 baht a year adjust for inflation and may be 100,000 baht for 20 years  . 800K deposited in bank leaves you at least 1,000,000 baht at the end of 20 years .

I mean no disrespect to those who take out TE visa . I get it . You have the money to spare and don't want the manufactured hassle they have created . More power to you . I suspect no matter how much money people have they don't willingly give away 900kbaht unless they feel it is better for them to pay up rather than commit to an anticipated 

annual pain in the ass process .

21 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Where do you get this (RE TE)? 

Right. But that has nothing to do with TE.

Mind you. I'm not a spokesperson for that company. But I've been very satisfied with them and not come across any corruption or malfeasance. 

I am talking about Soi 5  not TE . 

Thai Elite is a company that delivers exactly what they advertise. How is that a scam?

But I'll shut up about it. Starting now :) 

39 minutes ago, Bababooey said:

At the very least you are supposed to have 400K year round and 800K 3 months before and after.  But I think it is safest to have 800K in the same account for the entire year.

Based on my friend's experiences, it seems that recently Jomtien Immigration is coming up with new interpretations of the rules.  Think they want people to use agents.

Can you tell me where you got the 400K year round because I haven't seen any written documentation on this requirement.  I;ve only seen reference to the 800K . I am happy to follow the rules .

8 minutes ago, maxtroy said:

Thailand Elite is a scam as it is the product of a dishonest scheme to frustrate people to the point they pay a ridiculous amount of money to avoid headaches .

TE cost 1,000,000 baht and at the end of 20 years you have nothing . Hopefully you live 20 years after taking out the TE.

Pension route you pay 1900 + 2000? for multiple rentry + 200 baht bank fee so 4100 baht a year adjust for inflation and may be 100,000 baht for 20 years - savings 900Kbaht with out accounting for accrued interest .

Money in bank you pay 1900 + 2000? for multiple rentry + 200 baht bank fee so 4100 baht a year adjust for inflation and may be 100,000 baht for 20 years  . 800K deposited in bank leaves you at least 1,000,000 baht at the end of 20 years .

I mean no disrespect to those who take out TE visa . I get it . You have the money to spare and don't want the manufactured hassle they have created . More power to you . I suspect no matter how much money people have they don't willingly give away 900kbaht unless they feel it is better for them to pay up rather than commit to an anticipated 

I understand you opinion.

For me time is money.

For me inconvenience is acid reflex and anxiety.

I prefer life instead  messing with all the hassles.

If not for covid I would have chose your way, but they opened up LOS to Thailand Elite Visa first so that helped sway me and I am sure others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maxtroy said:

Can you tell me where you got the 400K year round because I haven't seen any written documentation on this requirement.  I;ve only seen reference to the 800K . I am happy to follow the rules .

I'm pretty sure about this one Max. Your funds can't drop below 400K even for one day and in the period before and after your Extension of Stay you must have 800K.

Googling around using keywords such as retirement visa thailand 400K will lead to many links stating this.  

https://www.thethailandlife.com/the-thailand-retirement-visa-guide

is just one of these links.

I was going to shift 400K from my Krungsri Mee Tae Dai account which pays 1% interest to my SCB Easy Account which pays 1.5% interest (but doesn't have. a bankbook to copy for Immigration) for 6 months to earn more interest but decided to forego the extra interest and keep things simple because Jomtien Immigration seems to be inventing new rules.

Edited by Bababooey

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

1 minute ago, Bababooey said:

I'm pretty sure about this one Max. Your funds can't drop below 400K even for one day and in the period before and after your Extension of Stay you must have 800K.

Googling around using keywords such as retirement visa thailand 400K will lead to many links stating this.  

I was going to shift 400K from my Krungsri Mee Tae Dai account which pays 1% interest to my SCB Easy Account which pays 1.5% interest (but doesn't have. a bankbook to copy for Immigration) for 6 months to earn more interest but decided to forego the extra interest and keep things simple because Jomtien Immigration seems to be inventing new rules.

I'm not doubting you as my "friend " on Soi 5 stated the same . Thx for the follow up.

3 hours ago, Bababooey said:

You are correct that the bank account should not drop below 400k.  In writing and theory.

In reality not so much.  I used an agent for several years after I deposited the 800k several months before as required.  The agents fee is less if you at least deposit or have proof of monthly deposits from abroad.

I asked her about the account dropping below 400k and she said “don’t worry about it”.  The account went below 400k.  I was never visited by immigration nor asked to report to Soi 5.  

The following years no questions asked.  No audits etc.

Now, if you don’t use a reputable agent and your account fell below 400k, who knows what will be asked of you when applying for the extension at Soi 5 without using the agent.

Personally, I won’t go there.

5 hours ago, maxtroy said:

The Multiple Re-Entry permit is 3800 baht, but that doesn't change your numbers above by much.

I did not get a Multiple Re-Entry permit last year since I was trapped here and could not return to the US and come back to Thailand without considerable hassle, so that's some savings, I guess...

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

6 hours ago, pattayagolf said:

Nothing wrong with using an agent. I had a Thai Visa for Purpose of Retirement for 10 years, did it all myself, but they always let me know who was boss, send me to get an extra, unnecessary copy, 555.

I moved to the Philippines and did regular tourist visa extensions myself, until I learned of a travel agency that would actually renew my visa for slightly less (they didn't pay "Express Lane" fees, had a side deal with immigration.

I figure if it's so complicated I can't do it myself, do I really want to live there? Once I understand the system, I think about the added expense for agent. Some times it's worth it.

7 hours ago, maxtroy said:

When they introduced the need to have the 800k in the bank for months both before and after getting your extension they also brought in the 400k minimum balance year round. That’s why you need a bank book copy showing the full year with your application. 
I do my own extension and have needed this for about the last 3 or 4 years.