Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Recommendations please for a long term visa

Neil1905

Hi all,

Im coming in march, all tp sorted and ready to go.

I intend to stay for most of the year, i hqve tried to do research and problem is theres a lot of out of date stuff you can waste your time on.

I believe (im often wrong though!), that i can enter on the 30day visa exempt (i have return tickets for this to avoid problems) and once there i can use an agent to get me a "o" non immigrant visa.

If this is correct or close to, then my questions are

1, recommedations for agents, i intend to stay pattaya/jomtien for at least first 2 or three months.

2, how much do agents charge, roughly for this service

3, how much more do they charge for wiggling round the financial requirements?, although i can manage the #800,000 i am a active investor and usually can get a decent return on that money as oppposed to tying it up, and earning i assume virtually no interest.

Many thanks in advance

Try Maneerat on Soi Post Office or Cambodian on Buakhao near Nicky's.

It's going to be 28-30K for a 15 month retirement extension all in if you don't already have a bank account.

Note: I had a 60 day TR when I entered so I can't comment on visa exempt circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

what is your age i gather your over 50 asking for a o visa 

so go for a AO in your own country or do the o as you say but come on a SETV first 

p.s read some threads 

On 07/02/2022 at 11:50, 1500B said:

Try Maneerat on Soi Post Office or Cambodian on Buakhao near Nicky's

yes but i think you mean Cambodia inter tour and travel 

On 07/02/2022 at 05:42, Neil1905 said:

I believe (im often wrong though!), that i can enter on the 30day visa exempt (i have return tickets for this to avoid problems) and once there i can use an agent to get me a "o" non immigrant visa.

yes but not if you ticket is longer than 30 days you may need a throw away ticket out 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

23 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Yeah, if it's got Cambodia in the name, is near Nicky's on Buakhao and they do Visa work, can't go wrong.

Guess he could Google it himself - It's not rocket surgery, just common sense 555

7 minutes ago, 1500B said:

Yeah, if it's got Cambodia in the name, is near Nicky's on Buakhao and they do Visa work, can't go wrong.

Guess he could Google it himself - It's not rocket surgery, just common sense 555

Yep i recall the guy Nissan 

First place i ever used got a taxi service in 2000 before the internet .

I think the price was 1200 to old airport

On 10/02/2022 at 10:15, talung66 said:

what is your age i gather your over 50 asking for a o visa 

so go for a AO in your own country or do the o as you say but come on a SETV first 

p.s read some threads 

yes but not if you ticket is longer than 30 days you may need a throw away ticket out 

Yep 51

I believe ao requires insurance

Thai consulate is a looong way from where i live

More importantly you say go for a ao, why? Is it better than an o?

Tic Tok is another reputable agent located in Jomtien.  

I use her all the time for my extensions.  Reasonable price compared to what I have heard others quoted.

The cost will be determined by the amount of “work” you need done.  Not everyone needs the same requirements.

Best to talk with them for specifics.

She can assist in drivers license and opening bank accounts if needed.

7 hours ago, Neil1905 said:

Yep 51

I believe ao requires insurance

Thai consulate is a looong way from where i live

More importantly you say go for a ao, why? Is it better than an o?

well yes 

1)You need insurance to get in to the country anyhow now

2) i am  sure you can do it all on line now

3) the A-O  insurance is minimal if you choose the cheapest company this one https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/en/Products/Pages/Universal-Longstayvisa.aspx#quote

4) searching for you  i found this in my embassy website.

A 90 day retirement visa for $120 AUD with a quick read the conditions  seems easily obtainable only S2000 AUD in bank account +90 days then extending will help ME for my 6 moth visit per year + the covid Insurance is the same as i would need to get as well. 

thank for the Quote.

image.thumb.png.8130b5df7dddc7b334c183aa4fa80f15.png

I will do the same when coming next time in October.

I have used Mots Visa Service at Darkside the last 3 months ( extensions, driving licence, bank account ) and i am very satiesfied.

I was advised to arrive next time on a 30days arrival visa and the agent will arrange a 15 months retirement visa for 28k baht single entry or 32k for multiple entry.

If you have not already a thai bank account, it will be another 4k.

For the renewal i was quoted 15k.

The prices includes also the 90days reporting and the agent takes care of the deposit of 800.000k baht.

All agents that i have asked quoted me same same prices and process.

On 07/02/2022 at 01:42, Neil1905 said:

Hi all,

Im coming in march, all tp sorted and ready to go.

I intend to stay for most of the year, i hqve tried to do research and problem is theres a lot of out of date stuff you can waste your time on.

If this is correct or close to, then my questions are

1, recommedations for agents, i intend to stay pattaya/jomtien for at least first 2 or three months.

2, how much do agents charge, roughly for this service

3, how much more do they charge for wiggling round the financial requirements?, although i can manage the #800,000 i am a active investor and usually can get a decent return on that money as oppposed to tying it up, and earning i assume virtually no interest.

Many thanks in advance

I arrived in November on 30days arrival visa.

I paid 4000 for the 1st extension (45 days) and 7000 for the 2nd covid extension (60days)

All in all i stay now 135 days.

For 15 months retirement visa i was quoted 28k baht single entry, 32k multiple entry.

Thai bank account 4k.

I have used Mots Visa Service in Darkside, very professional  i am a happy customer, having done also driving licence and bank account recently with them

If you do with an agent, they will take care about this 800k deposit, so you dont need any showing or proof of that amount.

I dont know how they do it, its not my business, but obviously its working.

For renewal i was quoted 15k.

I will do that on my next return in October.

Edited by wolfgang68
Wrong spelling

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2022 at 03:17, wolfgang68 said:

I arrived in November on 30days arrival visa.

I paid 4000 for the 1st extension (45 days) and 7000 for the 2nd covid extension (60days)

All in all i stay now 135 days.

For 15 months retirement visa i was quoted 28k baht single entry, 32k multiple entry.

Thai bank account 4k.

I have used Mots Visa Service in Darkside, very professional  i am a happy customer, having done also driving licence and bank account recently with them

If you do with an agent, they will take care about this 800k deposit, so you dont need any showing or proof of that amount.

I dont know how they do it, its not my business, but obviously its working.

For renewal i was quoted 15k.

I will do that on my next return in October.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

• 5 months later...
On 14/02/2022 at 08:33, wolfgang68 said:

I was advised to arrive next time on a 30days arrival visa and the agent will arrange a 15 months retirement visa for 28k baht single entry or 32k for multiple entry

Try Cambodia Inter Travel on Soi Buakhao, it's less for the same service. I just handed them my passport and less than 28k for the extension and to open a bank account.  I'll update tomorrow after the trip to immigration and the bank. 

On 26/09/2022 at 06:13, big shooter said:

Try Cambodia Inter Travel on Soi Buakhao, it's less for the same service. I just handed them my passport and less than 28k for the extension and to open a bank account.  I'll update tomorrow after the trip to immigration and the bank. 

On 26/09/2022 at 06:13, big shooter said:

ok, tks, great advice

5 hours ago, wolfgang68 said:

ok, tks, great advice

Kind of. I'm running into some issues due to my lack of planning and misunderstanding the process. 

I didn't get a Thai sim card before turning over my passport for 3-4 weeks. No passport, no way to change hotels, rent a motorbike or get a Thai license.  No passport, no sim card. No sim card, no connection to Bangkok Bank's web or app banking.  No sim card, no way for visa agency to call when my passport is ready.  I was very fortunate to be able to book my hotel room for the next month until the process is complete.  The license and motorbike will have to wait another 3-4 weeks. 

41 minutes ago, big shooter said:

Kind of. I'm running into some issues due to my lack of planning and misunderstanding the process. 

I didn't get a Thai sim card before turning over my passport for 3-4 weeks. No passport, no way to change hotels, rent a motorbike or get a Thai license.  No passport, no sim card. No sim card, no connection to Bangkok Bank's web or app banking.  No sim card, no way for visa agency to call when my passport is ready.  I was very fortunate to be able to book my hotel room for the next month until the process is complete.  The license and motorbike will have to wait another 3-4 weeks. 

Why would someone give their passport away for nearly a month, especially as a foreigner in a foreign country. It is the most important document a person can have, when away from their own country. Definitely a lack of planning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thainet said:

Why would someone give their passport away for nearly a month, especially as a foreigner in a foreign country. It is the most important document a person can have, when away from their own country. Definitely a lack of planning.

In full agreement. I didn't understand the process with this particular agent, and by the time I did my passport was gone. I've got pictures of the entry stamp and photo/info pages of the passport.  Getting a passport in Canada was a nightmare process and I rue giving the document up. It's done now though. If I didn't have good luck I'd have no luck at all, so this will work out fine. 

Edit to add that I meet the income qualification for the retirement extension but I've been informed that Jomtien doesn't accept income letters from embassies, despite it being the law of the land, so I decided to expedite matters by going to an agent. 

Edited by big shooter
Addifion

5 minutes ago, thainet said:

If you do the conversion to a Non O yourself at immigration everything is sent to Bangkok for processing so you can be without your passport for 2-3 weeks anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

If you do the conversion to a Non O yourself at immigration everything is sent to Bangkok for processing so you can be without your passport for 2-3 weeks anyway.

Thanks, you've given me some peace of mind.  No Thai sim card is a minor inconvenience compared to being questioned by police and not being able to produce my passport upon demand.  The agent photocopied it and attached a business card, so hopefully it wouldn't result in a visit to Soi 9. 

7 minutes ago, big shooter said:

In full agreement. I didn't understand the process with this particular agent, and by the time I did my passport was gone. I've got pictures of the entry stamp and photo/info pages of the passport.  Getting a passport in Canada was a nightmare process and I rue giving the document up. It's done now though. If I didn't have good luck I'd have no luck at all, so this will work out fine. 

Would have been same with another agent.I had it explained to me by agent in Jomtien about a month ago talking about sending passport to Bangkok and will be without it for about 14 working days.During the chat though I did think oh wait a minute I use my passport to cash travellers cheques and also pick up money from Western union that I send to myself sometime.

I think it’s quite easy to miss that point, easily done I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, big shooter said:

Thanks, you've given me some peace of mind.  No Thai sim card is a minor inconvenience compared to being questioned by police and not being able to produce my passport upon demand.  The agent photocopied it and attached a business card, so hopefully it wouldn't result in a visit to Soi 9. 

I get a small laminated copy of my passport details page, entry stamp etc to keep in my wallet - though I’ve never been asked to show my passport by police etc in all my visits. Actually, I’ve never even spoken to any police in all my visits!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gaztop08 said:

Would have been same with another agent.I had it explained to me by agent in Jomtien about a month ago talking about sending passport to Bangkok and will be without it for about 14 working days.During the chat though I did think oh wait a minute I use my passport to cash travellers cheques and also pick up money from Western union that I send to myself sometime.

I think it’s quite easy to miss that point, easily done I think.

Thanks for the salve for my nerves. The big oversight was not getting a sim card first. I brought enough cash to see myself through the month and it should be possible to transfer to BKK bank, it will just require a trip to the branch to withdraw funds. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big shooter said:

The agent photocopied it and attached a business card, so hopefully it wouldn't result in a visit to Soi 9. 

Did the same but without worry. The color photocopy of the passport worked for money exchange, hotel checkin, new SIM,  etc. Did them all.

Went 3 weeks with the photocopy and never an issue. Sounds like your Agent took care of you and you should chill 😎, no problems bro 😉.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/09/2022 at 20:35, big shooter said:

Sorry to hear about these issues, if I remember right, all my dealing with mots visa agent did not take longer than 1 week, I made with them 4 months extension, driving licence for car and bike and Bangkok bank account.

Of course for the visa extensions you need to leave your passport with them, but 3 to 4 weeks sounds much too long.

I got my dtac sim card right at the airport for 600b and reload anytime when I come to Pattaya.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 14:41, big shooter said:

Thanks for the salve for my nerves. The big oversight was not getting a sim card first. I brought enough cash to see myself through the month and it should be possible to transfer to BKK bank, it will just require a trip to the branch to withdraw funds. 

I’m sure a Thai would get you a PAYG SIM to be going on with if you tip them.

• Like 1