IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

2 hours ago, Guiness said:

is it still possible to walk from soi bauckow to CentraAzure hotel entrance on concrete i.e. no muck ??

Yes it still should be possible using the little lane down the left side of Areca as that way you never have to go near Soi Buakhao 15.  You need a key card to enter from the back lane.

On 02/10/2022 at 09:41, thinkingallowed said:

Well doing a quick search for a place to stay I've ended up with the Grand Avenue, a place I didn't know even existed. From the location and photos of the pool I was convinced it was a Centara Azure condo I was renting and the shortcut to Soi Diana would negate these problems. Oh how wrong I was, lol.

Have emailed them for confirmation that I can access the property in normal footwear, which is a minimum requirement I think.

After a few days of continually asking the property and booking dot com the same question repeatedly about access and getting lots of answers to questions I didn't ask, I messaged them both and said that I would do a charge back through American Express if I could not enter the property in normal footwear. Ten minutes later they cancelled the booking and gave me a full refund.

Homeless on Friday though, lol.

4 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

After a few days of continually asking the property and booking dot com the same question repeatedly about access and getting lots of answers to questions I didn't ask, I messaged them both and said that I would do a charge back through American Express if I could not enter the property in normal footwear. Ten minutes later they cancelled the booking and gave me a full refund.

Homeless on Friday though, lol.

They don't really have much control or insight into any of that so I can't really blame them for being wishy washy about it.  Even the city seems to be having trouble getting answers and reliable timelines from any of the people doing the work.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 3

Just saying...it is getting quite humorous that so many guys will BB in Patts ...bang a TG minutes after another guy.....eat a hooker's pussy.....kiss a girl after she swallowed some fat dude's load while resting his nuts on her chin.....but are uber-worried about getting their feet/shoes dirty or taking an extra minute to get in and out of one of the most convenient areas to stay....

If getting TF delivery is your biggest concern .....well

I can almost undrstand if personal car access is an issue....almost....because GA has two points of access that will be worked on at separate times...the head of the project emailed me and told me this yesterday

On 02/10/2022 at 19:58, kd_traveller said:

Yes it still should be possible using the little lane down the left side of Areca as that way you never have to go near Soi Buakhao 15.  You need a key card to enter from the back lane.

Could you explain more precisely which lane you mean, and where this back entrance to Centara is?

I thought you meant the lane from the 7-11 on Soi 15 to Soi Diana, but maybe you mean somewhere different?

4 hours ago, kevin2013 said:

Could you explain more precisely which lane you mean, and where this back entrance to Centara is?

I thought you meant the lane from the 7-11 on Soi 15 to Soi Diana, but maybe you mean somewhere different?

Maybe "path" should have been used instead of lane.

This would be on Soi 15.

When I was there last week staying at the Evergreen Building at the Areca Lodge I could see people dragging their luggage along the wet dirty path to the Travellodge. 

The alley from Soi Diana to Soi 15 behind the Avenue was open to car traffic. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

5 hours ago, kevin2013 said:

At the back of the complex is a gate that opens out into the lane where Centata Avenue is located.  The lane leads out Soi Diana.  There is also a branch of this lane that leads out to Soi Buakhao. "X" marks where the gate is located.

It is not the lane from 7-11 that goes along Areca Lodge, it is located to the other side of the Areca Lodge and coming from Soi Diana is the lane where you would go to access the Centara Avenue hotel which is to the left of the Areca Lodge.

image.thumb.png.879301366ac3cdb3285061b9ff24580c.png

Edited by kd_traveller

8 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Just saying...it is getting quite humorous that so many guys will BB in Patts ...bang a TG minutes after another guy.....eat a hooker's pussy.....kiss a girl after she swallowed some fat dude's load while resting his nuts on her chin.....but are uber-worried about getting their feet/shoes dirty or taking an extra minute to get in and out of one of the most convenient areas to stay....

I can almost undrstand if personal car access is an issue....almost....because GA has two points of access that will be worked on at separate times...the head of the project emailed me and told me this yesterday

I walked away from my booking last week because the reality is there is way too much uncertainty with it right now 

I could have to hear ridiculous levels of noise from the work 

I could have to deal with dust if the ground dries out and the wind blows the dust up into the air 

I could have to deal with water pressure or power loss issues 

I could have to deal with mud to get in or out of the place

I could have issues where I can't get the car in or out 

Quite frankly it ain't worth the hassle and aggravation of staying there at the end of the month 

I got another condo sorted over on Pratmanak for 5000 baht cheaper 

So even allowing for transport back and forth I gonna save some coin and avoid the issues 

I will be back but will wait to the next trip and give it a miss this timev

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

5 hours ago, kd_traveller said:

At the back of the complex is a gate that opens out into the lane where Centata Avenue is located.  The lane leads out Soi Diana.  There is also a branch of this lane that leads out to Soi Buakhao. "X" marks where the gate is located.

It is not the lane from 7-11 that goes along Areca Lodge, it is located to the other side of the Areca Lodge and coming from Soi Diana is the lane where you would go to access the Centara Avenue hotel which is to the left of the Areca Lodge.

Much clearer - thanks for taking the time to draw that

I did not even know that little lane existed!! I will go for a wander tomorrow

15 hours ago, The Danimal said:

I guess you must be a slim hansum man to label all guys a fat dudes 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

I guess you must be a slim hansum man to label all guys a fat dudes 🙄

Sad you took what I said literally...even then I didn't label anyone....let alone all guys....think you should re-read

But yes I am both fit and handsum...if only I were still a young lad

1 hour ago, The Danimal said:

Sad you took what I said literally...even then I didn't label anyone....let alone all guys....think you should re-read

But yes I am both fit and handsum...if only I were still a young lad

2 out of 3 isn't all bad.

I'm sure a few of us would be happy with that. 

• Haha 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 04/10/2022 at 13:09, kd_traveller said:

That means this Gate is a bypass to the whole Centara complex incl. Centara Avenue Residences and the Azure hotel.

Does the Keycard from the Residences work there too?

does anyone know the hours of the day they work on this ?
I usually get up at around 7am, and go to sleep around midnight ( i know im not like most that come to patts )
I have booked the nature view hotel, which is not technically on the soi, but it is on buakow at the top of Soi 15.

Would you think there would any major noises at night there, from the road work ?

btw, will not be there until Dec 16th.

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

59 minutes ago, Tezla said:

I usually get up at around 7am, and go to sleep around midnight ( i know im not like most that come to patts )
I have booked the nature view hotel, which is not technically on the soi, but it is on buakow at the top of Soi 15.

Would you think there would any major noises at night there, from the road work ?

I think you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Tezla said:

anyone know the hours of the day they work on this ?
I usually get up at around 7am, and go to sleep around midnight

You'll not have any problem. From the road work, at least. The occasional party in a nearby bar is more likely to be a thing. 

1 hour ago, Tezla said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that hotel on the other side of Soi Boukeow?

8 hours ago, Tezla said:

Just like @Harry Brownsaid, you shouldn't have any problem with those times.

My recent 2 1/2 week stay at the back Evergreen Building a the Areca Lodge over looking Soi 15, I didn't see any work starting before 7AM. What work noise going on during the day couldn't be heard in my room on the 5th floor. 

• Like 1

thats great news, thank you all for the input 😁

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

just went past this saturday morning. progress has as usual been  slow. the irony is the workers are wearing purple shirts with dynamic group on the back............and of course not enough of them. they have 1 side of soi from the 7/11 to the start of Korandos concreted and the other side by the back entrance of Areca also done. good chance access to the hotel will reopen in the not too distant future. they still have the edges both side to make good.

the current mud fest is now between the entrance to grand avenue and just past the end of centara. works edge approx 100 feet / 30 mtrs short of the hideaway.

Edited by striderman

7 hours ago, striderman said:

just went past this saturday morning. progress has as usual been  slow. the irony is the workers are wearing purple shirts with dynamic group on the back............and of course not enough of them. they have 1 side of soi from the 7/11 to the start of Korandos concreted and the other side by the back entrance of Areca also done. good chance access to the hotel will reopen in the not too distant future. they still have the edges both side to make good.

the current mud fest is now between the entrance to grand avenue and just past the end of centara. works edge approx 100 feet / 30 mtrs short of the hideaway.

That is great news as I'm staying there the end of December to early January.

Now I will again be able to slip out the back to the Avenue Mall and most important the 7-11 that is back there.

Thank for the time you to use to keep us updated. 

major electrical  fire in the multi wires that are strung down the soi about opposite the beer wholesalers. i suspect contact between a boom on a digger and wires. i saw a similar fire  in exactly the same area about 5 years ago. it's possible grand avenue BM's may have internet outage today

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, striderman said:

major electrical  fire in the multi wires that are strung down the soi about opposite the beer wholesalers

Thanks! Was wondering where that stink came from. Along with the little black rain fucking up my freshly cleaned balcony. 

• Haha 3