Tourist visa fee temporay concession

thailandkid

Royal Thai Consulate

2 Priory Court Saxon Way Hessle HULL HU13 9PB

Tel: 01482 581668 Fax: 01482 628877 Email: [email protected]

:MonkeyFight::):08:

TOURIST VISA FEE

TEMPORARY CONCESSION

PLEASE NOTE THAT WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND UNTIL 04 JUNE 2009, PERSONS WISHING TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA WITH SINGLE ENTRY TO ALLOW THEM A SINGLE STAY OF 60 OR 30

DAYS DEPENDENT ON NATIONALITY (SEE BELOW/OVER) ARE ENTITLED TO A CONCESSIONARY

VISA PROVIDED:-

A) THEY ARE ENTERING THAILAND FOR A SINGLE STAY OF MAXIMUM 60 (OR 30) DAYS.

B) THEY ENTER THAILAND WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF THE VISA WHICH WILL BE 3 MONTHS

FROM DATE OF ISSUE.

C) THEY WILL BE IN POSSESSION OF A CONFIRMED INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TICKET TO

SHOW THAT THEY WILL BE EXITING THAILAND WITHIN 60 (OR 30) DAYS OF ENTRY.

THIS CONCESSION DOES NOT APPLY TO:-

1) APPLICATIONS FOR TOURIST VISAS WITH MORE THAN ONE ENTRY.

2) APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS.

3) APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSIT VISAS.

ALL OTHER CONDITIONS APPLYING TO VISAS REMAIN UNCHANGED.

IF THE LAST TRAIN TO HEAVEN STOPS AT PATTAYA GET OFF

Wow I was filling in my VISA application as I read this.

Checked it out & seems true. I'll give them a ring tomorrow just to make sure.

At first I thought that it meant that you could stay 60 days instead of the usual 30 without a tourist VISA. :Drunk_Party:

However, I think it means that the £28 fee for a 60 day tourist VISA is waived.

Still have to pay £6 fee for special delivery, but still that's a saving of 3 LTs :GoldenSmile1:

Many Thanks Thailandkid

THE ABOVE IS CONFIRMED :MonkeyFight:

I recieved my passport resplendant with VISA stamp today.

I contacted the Thai consulate in Hull a few days ago.

A very pompous man confirmed that the fee (£28 = 3 LT = 6 ST) is waived.

He emphasized that the concession is for a SINGLE ENTRY 60 day VISA only!!! This will be the same for every country that falls under the 30 day no VISA rule I think, as it is the Thai government that is waiving the fee.

Of course there is the delivery charge for the return of your passport to pay (£6).

I enclosed a self addressed envelope, cost me £4.

That's a further saving of £2 = 2 pints :WhoSaw1:

Now if the Thai government would be kind enough to devalue the Baht in the next 2 weeks.................

Can this 60 days be extended in thailand another 30 days for a total of 90 days?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I presume this is all down to recession really hurting the tourist trade in thailand?,is it really that bad at the moment over there...

I presume this is all down to recession really hurting the tourist trade in thailand?,is it really that bad at the moment over there...

Yeah its hurting mate. In my eyes, they are a little too short a little too late with the offer now. While its nice for the guys coming in to save the $60 or so per entry, and in the USA you are limited to 2 60 day entries as I've been told.

Would've been nice if they started kicking that in back in Dec. after the airport closure. I don't think its going to do much in terms of boosting tourism though, as if someone couldn't afford the visa, they have no business heading to LOS to begin with.

• 5 weeks later...

Just seeking some advice.

I recently arrived in Thailand (15April 09) and my PassPort was Stamped with the Normal TOURIST Visa Stamp, but no Date was entered, nor was it signed.

This is unusual as the stamp normally has the date of expiry..ie 30days and is signed. I'm here for 40 days.

Last time I was here from 15th Dec- 15th Feb....ie 2months....my passport was stamped for 30 days, dated and signed.....I went to Angeles city for 8days

and on rentering the "Kingdom"....new Visa Stamp, signed and expiry date recorded.

So This new situation is unique.

Any Ideas as to what I should do would be much appreciated.

Cheers, H888

BTW......great time to be in Pattaya......Uni Holidays......LOADS of Female Students Subsidizing their Tertiary Education........ :GoldenSmile1: ))

Good reason to always check your stamp before leaving the airport.

Anyway it does not sound like you got a tourist visa, you entered with a Visa exemption. A tourist visa is obtained outside Thailand and will give you a 60 day stamp, this is not your case.

I assume you have the TM6 white form in your passport so you are probably OK. I would suggest you contact an expert on dealing with the pattaya immigration like First Class Visa runs(http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com) and see if they can direct you. If not then try to call the pattaya immigration.

USA is giving double entry tourist visas for free as well as single entry. Might be worth checking with the Embassy in London to see if they are charging for double entry visas.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Canada is as well , depending on which consulate you go to , Vancouver does a maximum 3 entry tourist visas (not sure free)

Toronto consulate will only do a maximum 2 entry visa .... No explanation why , and the Toronto office will issue the 2 entry visa

free .

USA is giving double entry tourist visas for free as well as single entry. Might be worth checking with the Embassy in London to see if they are charging for double entry visas.

I like free.. now how about free beer for 60 days too

• 2 weeks later...

"Toronto consulate will only do a maximum 2 entry visa .... No explanation why , and the Toronto office will issue the 2 entry visa

free . "

Can you give me the address of the location, i am going to thailand for 6 week, thank you in advance.

Good reason to always check your stamp before leaving the airport.

Anyway it does not sound like you got a tourist visa, you entered with a Visa exemption. A tourist visa is obtained outside Thailand and will give you a 60 day stamp, this is not your case.

I assume you have the TM6 white form in your passport so you are probably OK. I would suggest you contact an expert on dealing with the pattaya immigration like First Class Visa runs(http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com) and see if they can direct you. If not then try to call the pattaya immigration.

Hi Mike, many thanks. Much appreciated.

I have been off line and have just read your response.

I previously looked more closely at my passport and it has been dated...14th May....

Must have been in a state of ADDICTION....hence tunnel vision!!!

Will check with Embassy tomorrow......should be pretty straight forward...if not....nothing a few days in Angeles City wont cure..MMM....

Sounds good.

Thanks Again

H888