IGNORED

90 day reporting at Soi 5 Immigration Jomtien has usual bureaucratic silliness

maxtroy

Big line ups at Soi 5 today . Don't know why but it is what it is . Normally 90 day reporting is the simplest process to go through but once again they managed to shoot themselves in the

foot .  Just in front of the main doors there is a covered area with  a big sign stating 90 day reporting .  Well there is no one near or under the sign and after a few enquiries I learned that 

90 day reporting is being done just as you walk into the compound at the front of the property  on the right hand side. There is a table set up  with some baskets on it and a couple of the most unofficial looking people you could assign to this task talking loudly about Lord knows what are manning the table . They two lads I saw looked like they were on a break from loading cases of Leo beer on a flatbed truck . 

I was assured by a couple of people that these two clowns were in fact the 90 day reporting crew . I asked one of the stooges and he said yes and offered me a yellow number tag in exchange for my passport . I suggested they reposition the 90 day reporting sign from where it only serves to confuse people to a spot above their table but I am afraid the connections were too difficult for Laurel and Hardy. As if on cue a bubbly young women , wearing painters cover alls ( I shit you not ), came skipping up to the table and swept away the basket of unprocessed passports . 

I was asked to have a seat . Yes 10 people waiting and 5 seats available. We passed the time by telling each other how much we loved Thailand but loathed their inability to mange an immigration department . LIttle miss muffet  came skipping back in less than 20 minutes and handed out the processed passports . 

If this was America I would think I was on a TV show called you've been pranked but TIT.

You can do the 90 day reporting online.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 3

There was a big lineup yesterday, as well. 90 minutes wait in the line outside to get into the building. Then rushing to get business taken care of before their lunch break.

:Anger:

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

the basket/number wait in the car park chairs on the right for passport system has been used off and on all year. when it is busy they want to cut the numbers down inside to reduce the covid risk for staff and falangs alike

• Like 2

The stupidity of the 90-day reporting system was evident to everyone when they suspended it due to Covid last year, without any issues. I'm yet to use the "new" online system, but the Thai Immigration website looks like it was designed by a five-year-old, no doubt matching their temperament when dealing with people. 

Daryle

Use the online system.  Super easy and quick.  (Note: sometimes you have to do your first 90 day in person - seems a bit hit or miss. But no harm in trying). 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Man7 said:

Use the online system.  Super easy and quick.  (Note: sometimes you have to do your first 90 day in person - seems a bit hit or miss. But no harm in trying). 

The problem is that online reporting doesn't always work.  It sometimes works and when it does, yes it is easy and quick.  This on again, off again online reporting is really baffling.  This must be one of the easiest thing to fix and have it work always but TiT.

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Last month they opened a new website to register online the 90 days notification:

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Just tried to apply and keep getting message “ no data or insufficient data”
Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. 
edit
Kept on trying and after about 15 times my application to register seems to have gone through. 

Edited by Geordie59
Updated

@Geordie59

I also had some issues to register the first days, but once they send you your password by mail, then you're good.

That's why that's better to register today to be sure you"ll be ready when you'll apply online.

16 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Last month they opened a new website to register online the 90 days notification:

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Thanks given it a go.

Ive never done a 90 day report but if it works I can’t wait to see wifeys face when I tell her she no longer needs to go to Pattaya and sit with her mates eating for hours 🤣🤣 I can garuantee she won’t be happy 😈

• Haha 2

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I liked the basket guys and yellow cards... worked well. Sure, 20 minutes instead of 3... but I'm pragmatic...

As much as I hate the system here, it is much better than back home in Australia. 

When my Wife came over on a 1 yr tourist visa, every 90 days she had to leave the country and return. Yes, you read that right. The closest country was New Zealand, but in theory she needs to apply for a Visa to go there. We tried it once without the visa, my theory was that we don't actually leave the customs area and do not need to apply. 

we had bought the tickets but got stuck at check in. After much talk and intervention we were assured we could do what we wanted. So off for the 2.5 hr flight to NZ, and had some issues trying to get out return flight 2 hrs later.... Again a lot of phone calls and finally some common sense prevailed. Never tried again. 

Subsequent flights were back to Thailand, and once to KL, long layover and back.. Poor lass.... Besides the inconvenience, the costs were through the roof. Instead we could have spent all that money travelling Aus, but could not due to the strain on funds....  It is what it is.... 

Back to here, after nearly 7yrs I finally got the new online site to work. Hopefully it is that way next time. 

Another 'quirk' here, is that when I was travelling around and was down Hua Hin, I could not do a physical report there without paperwork from an hotel, landlord etc.... Yes, I could do it online form anywhere in Thailand.... Common sense is lost here, and back home for that matter.... But I much prefer to line up every 3 months if it saves me having to leave the county :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png