IGNORED

"Tentative Plans" to Reopen Pattaya Beer Garden on Mar. 18 (new date)

Evil Penevil

• 2 weeks later...

Great news,my fav place to enjoy a meal,beer and relax and enjoy the view!

On 20/12/2021 at 23:38, Evil Penevil said:

Pattaya Beer Garden..."We have tentative plans to re-open on 15 January for limited hours and with a limited menu.  Probably 3 - 11 pm."

Great news. I have been to PBG many, many times over the years both for a light lunch and often for dinner with a TG to keep me company. Both TG's and I love the place, its location and the food.

But I have not been to Pattaya since November 2019 and had got the impression that the area was under redevelopment, with the pier Into the bay of PBG being demolished.

Good news seem to be that the reports of the death of PBG were exaggerated. I wonder if a BM on the spot can send an up-to-date report, hopefully with photos.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, parry said:

The plans to re-open the Beer Garden have been postponed, as per Pete, the owner and propriotor. Time will tell.

Not surprised but still bummed.

4 hours ago, parry said:

The plans to re-open the Beer Garden have been postponed, as per Pete, the owner and propriotor. Time will tell.

My good friend (Moulee) is the night manager and she did confirm the tentative date is flexible and not set in stone. They are waiting for a further relaxation of COVID rules at this time.

• Like 2

Good to see an update here on one of the most popular bar restaurants in Patts…as one of my faves too as location…drinks and meals along with some good music vdos is a winning formula.

Thought the re opening might be delayed now with 9pm closing times…hope not too long before that’s relaxed to 11pm again.

Wish Pete and the staff well and hope it’s open again soon.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

12 hours ago, Greg_B said:

My good friend (Moulee) is the night manager and she did confirm the tentative date is flexible and not set in stone. They are waiting for a further relaxation of COVID rules at this time.

That’s what tentative means, yes. 

Personally I’m watching when certain venues open back up before I’m going to think about booking a ticket. That list definitely includes PBG…..

but also..

Soapies, TQ, Devil’s Den, Robins Nest…… rock solid long term businesses run by astute businessmen. 

Not going to listen to the laundry men who told us last year everything was great the day before the country closed !!

18 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

Personally I’m watching when certain venues open back up before I’m going to think about booking a ticket. That list definitely includes PBG…..

but also..

Soapies, TQ, Devil’s Den, Robins Nest…… rock solid long term businesses run by astute businessmen. 

Not going to listen to the laundry men who told us last year everything was great the day before the country closed !!

I don't see soapies returning. Some in Bangkok are even being converted to hotels. Ladies don't want to waste time bathing a customer, rubbing all all around him on a mat and then fucking for 800-1000 baht plus a tip if they're lucky when there are Soi 6 ladies getting a guaranteed 1000 min plus drinks commission just for a 5-10 minute fuck. Devils Den has sold their location and it has already been converted to something else, I think they are moving on to different things but might still have an online presence. 

Edited by Ohyesuare

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

I don't see soapies returning. Some in Bangkok are even being converted to hotels. Ladies don't want to waste time bathing a customer, rubbing all all around him on a mat and then fucking for 800-1000 baht plus a tip if they're lucky when there are Soi 6 ladies getting a guaranteed 1000 min plus drinks commission just for a 5-10 minute fuck. Devils Den has sold their location and it has already been converted to something else, I think they are moving on to different things but might still have an online presence. 

Devil’s Den said at the beginning of the pandemic he’d wanted better facilities and then the landlord played hardball….. so it was an obvious decision for him to walk away, save a few years rent and then return with a better offering….

Soapies were HUGE businesses in Pattaya, far more profitable than any hotel, and owned by serious THAI businessmen (Bkk was a different scenario)….. they ain’t going to walk away from those cash cows

• 1 month later...
  • Luv2Phuket changed the title to "Tentative Plans" to Reopen Pattaya Beer Garden on Mar. 18 (new date)
8 hours ago, Greg_B said:

From another forum....:Cross_Fingers:

PBG.PNG

That's good news for me as fits in nicely when I get to pattaya, always was a favourite of mine to eat there before head out to a night on Walking Street 😊

Great news.

I have noted in riding past the bar area at the front had been refurbished, was hoping PBG would also re-start. Always like going there. :)

• Like 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

A message from Pattaya Pete on another forum:

We will be open tomorrow [EP note- March18] and every day from 1pm to 10pm.  

We are only running 1 shift hence the shortened opening hours.  As soon as turnover justifies it we will be back to normal opening times.  Ten pm is still mandated closing time although the powers that be are discussing that tomorrow and may allow later closing and also the opening of bars and nightclubs.  We will see.

With a skeleton staff of just 20 vs the normal 100 it may take us a few days to get things humming, so please forgive any slowness or sloppiness in the service.  I am fairly confident things will be fine but until we are running I can't be sure.  We will tweak it as needed.

On a personal note, I am stepping back from day to day operations.  Twenty five years in the bar and restaurant trade in Pattaya is a pretty good run but I am not as energetic or motivated as I was in the past.  Old age sucks :-).  My Thai step son, Eckapon will be the new manager.  He has been around me for 25 years (he is 27) so hopefully has a good understanding of "crazy" farangs.  Eck has excellent English so feel free to have a chat with him anytime and your opinion on the operation and farang friendliness of the place are welcome, both in the bar and here on this forum.

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Good luck with the reopening, I used to pop in 2 or 3 times during my visits and as I am due in Pattaya on the 31st of this month, it will be on my list.