IGNORED

Current Golf situation

bigjax

I am going to be in Pattaya arriving the 19th - 24th and am planning on playing golf every day. This is the first trip in a while without folks to play with so wanted to see what societies are currently running and how much pressure is on the golf courses. I know normally during this time of the year it is impossible for a single to get on, but I assume the courses are not busy and if needed I could go out and play by myself. It has been years since I have played with any of the societies, so I don't know what is avialable. Thanks for any information.

The Links society play on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Yesterday they had 22 golfers. I've seen the numbers from about 12 or so all the way up to 40. I believe there are a few other groups operating around town as well. I haven't ventured with any of them yet. The Pattaya Country Club didn't seem overly busy yesterday. But, I also didn't pay to much attention. I was busy trying to get my caddy back to Pattaya. 🤗🤗

Edited by captainito
Spelling

It looks like Thai-Ger Line golf is up and running again. Used them last trip in 2020 as a single. No problems

15 hours ago, bigjax said:

I am going to be in Pattaya arriving the 19th - 24th and am planning on playing golf every day. This is the first trip in a while without folks to play with so wanted to see what societies are currently running and how much pressure is on the golf courses. I know normally during this time of the year it is impossible for a single to get on, but I assume the courses are not busy and if needed I could go out and play by myself. It has been years since I have played with any of the societies, so I don't know what is avialable. Thanks for any information.

hi 

http://www.trggpattaya.com/schedule/   travellers rest soi lengkee

https://bunkerboysgolfpattaya.com/   soi skawe beach (runs up to tree town

both seem to be well up and running

cheers Beet

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

Any updates on what it is like on the ground these days

What groups have been wound up due after the to the Covid and what others are still going on ??

Golf Club ?? 

Le Katai??

Lewinskis??

Etc

What the latest gossip 

36 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Any updates on what it is like on the ground these days

What groups have been wound up due after the to the Covid and what others are still going on ??

Golf Club ?? 

Le Katai??

Lewinskis??

Etc

What the latest gossip 

Links, Nadia, Travellers Rest, Bunker Boys and Witherspoons are all available.

Golf is great. Numbers are well down especially being as though the Koreans with awful etiquette are not here. Good deals for a round with a cart. Sportsday deals available if you look around, e.g. Burapha 1,100 with cart.

Just now, penboy said:

Golf is great. Numbers are well down especially being as though the Koreans with awful etiquette are not here. Good deals for a round with a cart. Sportsday deals available if you look around, e.g. Burapha 1,100 with cart.

Travellers Rest can be hard work, especially when they are having a competition and you are playing with them.

It was incredibly fractious last time I was out with them. Not relaxing at all

37 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Travellers Rest can be hard work, especially when they are having a competition and you are playing with them.

It was incredibly fractious last time I was out with them. Not relaxing at all

Bunker Boys can be like that too from what I hear. Witherspoons is a better game for you then. No competition.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, penboy said:

Bunker Boys can be like that too from what I hear. Witherspoons is a better game for you then. No competition.

I played with Colin’s Links and Retox before and that was good. Not sure if either are still around?

is I Rovers still playing? 

1 minute ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I played with Colin’s Links and Retox before and that was good. Not sure if either are still around?

is I Rovers still playing? 

Colin was extremely ill last thing I heard a couple of weeks ago.

Retox Game on has relocated to Witherspoons on soi Boukaow.

WITHERSPOONS GOLF GROUP

• Like 1

On 13/12/2021 at 18:32, captainito said:

The Links society play on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Yesterday they had 22 golfers. I've seen the numbers from about 12 or so all the way up to 40. I believe there are a few other groups operating around town as well. I haven't ventured with any of them yet. The Pattaya Country Club didn't seem overly busy yesterday. But, I also didn't pay to much attention. I was busy trying to get my caddy back to Pattaya. 🤗🤗

Which are your two favorite courses for Caddies?

2 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

90F0A00B-805A-4CA9-985F-D236A8A920D9.jpeg

I’ve seen this pic before but can’t catch the name of the course. Which one?  And what is the caddy fee for carrying your balls around for 18 holes?  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, penboy said:

Where is Nadia at ??

Just now, Tuna Town said:

Where is Nadia at ??

Towards Sukumvit. I've never been with them. I first heard about them this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Best golf days I’ve had are with blokes just met in bars. Especially good if one of them has a Hillux and can take you all

(cheers Brian) 

On 05/02/2022 at 13:19, penboy said:

Towards Sukumvit. I've never been with them. I first heard about them this week.

Directly opposite Babylon GC Soi Bongkot area.

2530506B-3BBF-4A29-9342-EECC654435D4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Do they have an ex pat food shop as well? 

Not entirely sure. I think they may.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have current information on the golf groups? It's been 4 months since this was updated? I've seen some signs about some of the places, but not sure what group would be best for me.

Here is my deal:

Only looking to play a few times a month so don't want a group that focuses on year long contests (I think Travelers does this?)

I don't mind hopping in a little competition for the day but assume I will have to play a few rounds with the group before they can assign me a handicap.

Never had an official handicap, but I shoot anywhere from high 70s on a good day to high 80s on a bad day. Usually play around 6500 yards (6000 meters) tee box.

On a side note, are the holes in Thailand measured in yards or meters, or both? Might have to work up a chart to know the right club if everything is in meters.

3 hours ago, VegasRob said:

Does anyone have current information on the golf groups? It's been 4 months since this was updated? I've seen some signs about some of the places, but not sure what group would be best for me.

Here is my deal:

Only looking to play a few times a month so don't want a group that focuses on year long contests (I think Travelers does this?)

I don't mind hopping in a little competition for the day but assume I will have to play a few rounds with the group before they can assign me a handicap.

Never had an official handicap, but I shoot anywhere from high 70s on a good day to high 80s on a bad day. Usually play around 6500 yards (6000 meters) tee box.

On a side note, are the holes in Thailand measured in yards or meters, or both? Might have to work up a chart to know the right club if everything is in meters.

The golf courses are in yards so you won't have a problem. Fuck knows why when the rest of the country uses the metric system.

Any of the groups are happy to have you turn up on play on the day so you don't have to play in their year long contests which are for Expats anyway 

As for your daily competitions. These are optional. You don't have to play in the Golf Society comp it's up to you 

Question you really need to ask yourself is are you using them to go play golf or are you using them to meet new friends.

Because if it is to meet new friends you obviously want to stick to the one bar. If you want to just play golf then be a "slut" and play at any bar you want according to the courses they are playing on any given day

Check out the Pattaya Sports Club website as it lists some golf bars and some schedules and prices.

Witherspoon's, Travellers Rest, Links are 3 of the biggest going and all have websites with their schedules and costs and details etc 

There are plenty of smaller groups about to that you can play with 

ThaigerLine have a website and will book golf days out for you and drive you to n from the course or you can tag along with them 

Other option which is my preferred choice is to hire a car and drive yourself. You be able to pick up a hire car for 1000 baht for a day and you can drive yourself so you can play where you want at what time you want and you can leave when you want

As they all say the golf is good out here and all the societies get preferential rates and arrange transportation to golf courses so don’t worry most have 20-40 playing a day and they normally group you up with friends or people of a similar handicap.

I like to play but definitely want to use to make some friends as well as I will be living here full time. Alreaedy emalied Travelers and Witherspoons.  Cant wait to play.