IGNORED

Trying out the Hilton in June

nexus99

Get a Hilton Amex credit card before you book?

For example the Hilton Aspire card can give you 1 free night (that can be used at that Hilton) and $250 resort credit (that can also be used at that Hilton) and Diamond status (that can give you some benefits).

Lots of related information in those Credit Card forums. You can check about it.

I stayed in a sea view room high up.  I can't remember what it was called, but it looked straight out onto the Gulf of Thailand with  jacuzzi on the balcony.

It was expensive (I think about 12,000 baht per night 4 years ago) but worth every penny - the views morning, noon and night were spectacular.

Pretty much western standard of service.  If your budget allows it, I'd thoroughly recommend staying there.

My honest ramblings relating to my first ever adventure in Thailand December 2017 - My First Time in Pattaya, Thailand
"Happiness is like a warm summer breeze caressing your face" 

3 hours ago, carmex said:

I stayed in a sea view room high up.  I can't remember what it was called, but it looked straight out onto the Gulf of Thailand with  jacuzzi on the balcony.

It was expensive (I think about 12,000 baht per night 4 years ago) but worth every penny - the views morning, noon and night were spectacular.

Pretty much western standard of service.  If your budget allows it, I'd thoroughly recommend staying there.

"KING Hilton EXECUTIVE - PREMIUM OCEAN FRONT"

if you go Hilton pattaya, this is imho the only room worth getting. it's normally available from ~9k, so maybe 1.6 * the normal room price. but imho MUCH MUCH better. 

The downside is that it takes a long time to actually get to your room from 2nd road or beach road. Go to hotel lobby, go up first elevator set, go to 2nd elevator, walk down 150m of hallway.

If you take this room, i suggest you try as much as possible to get a south-side facing room (the one on the left, not the right), so you have sunset view directly from the sofa and see the pattaya sign. You can check-in via their app already 24hours in advance and select the specific room, which is something i suggest you do. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I second getting the Hilton credit card. You can always downgrade after a year if you don't like the annual fee, but the initial bonuses right now is worthwhile.

Hilton Pattaya is the only one I stayed in Thailand so far. It's nice regardless of the room booked IMHO. Great pool and restaurants. The rooftop bar is definitely one of the best there.

Plan to stay at Hilton brand hotels in Bangkok and Phuket when I fly in next week

Plans changed a bit. Looks like an old hotel coupon I have works at the Amari... so I will be there from June 14 - 20 in an ocean view king room. The Hilton will have to wait again. It would be cool if the Hilton was a  test and go hotel!

I'm not sure if it's still the case now but the Amari Nova introduced a 200 baht joiner fee in 2020. Might want to double check that. Not exactly on the baht bus route either. 

Even so the rooms are massive and the service from the staff during breakfast was awesome. 

Biggest gripe I had was too many light switches. 

18 hours ago, Bobson VaGene said:

I'm not sure if it's still the case now but the Amari Nova introduced a 200 baht joiner fee in 2020. Might want to double check that. Not exactly on the baht bus route either. 

Even so the rooms are massive and the service from the staff during breakfast was awesome. 

Biggest gripe I had was too many light switches. 

Not doing the Amari Nova, its the big Amari on Beach Road.  https://www.amari.com/pattaya  Looks like they are doing test and go there too. So maybe I can add an extra day on the front and not even have to change rooms after I get the green light.

10 minutes ago, nexus99 said:

Not doing the Amari Nova, its the big Amari on Beach Road.  https://www.amari.com/pattaya  Looks like they are doing test and go there too. So maybe I can add an extra day on the front and not even have to change rooms after I get the green light.

Good luck with that!

• 1 month later...

hotel is great, I was upgraded to the suite as a Hilton Diamond. The suite is huge - I got upgraded to the King Ocean Family Suite. The year before I was in the King Executive Ocean Front room, which was great as well. I would agree with others that the AMEX Aspire is a good option if available - free night, resort credit, free breakfast, etc. After the mall closes, it becomes much more of a hassle to enter, since the only way to enter is from the Beach Road side. Location is great and I think it's probably the best hotel overall in Pattaya.

Edited by eccentricfusion
  • Like 2

I have some Hilton points I need to use, I have never been inside so I don't know but are you saying there is no 2nd. road entrance.

1 hour ago, burgher said:

I have some Hilton points I need to use, I have never been inside so I don't know but are you saying there is no 2nd. road entrance.

The hotel doesn't go all the way back on Second Road, so no there isn't, you would need to walk through Central Festival to get to Second Road. The hotel opens up towards Beach Road and the elevators from the mall bring you up to the 7th (IIRC) floor, which is the lobby floor of the hotel that has the elevators up to the rooms. After 10pm when the mall closes, you need to walk along the side of Central Festival (the road named Central Festival on Google maps) to get to the entrance. The entrance is on the Central Festival road, towards Beach Road. If you wanted to take a baht bus without walking, you would ride around to the Beach Road side to enter after 10pm. Motosai is also an option at night.

https://goo.gl/maps/GM1XrnXyh4saV6rf7

You can see the traffic cones leading up to the entrance which is directly under the big Hilton sign on the building. After the mall closes, this is the only way into the hotel unless someone knows something I don't.

Edited by eccentricfusion

Thanks EF  I walked past the hotel both sides many times as I stayed at the VT6 just never paid that much attention to the entrance. So coming from 2nd. road you would just go down that little side road on the side of the bldg. seems simple enough.  Thanks

12 hours ago, burgher said:

You wont be able to use your points but Agoda has some "secret deals" on the suite in question

hiton.png

• Like 2

“Givers have to set limits because takers never do.” - Henry Ford

"No matter how hot she is.... somebody, somewhere is sick to death of her shit" - Me

• 1 month later...

I ended up staying at the Hilton for about 2weeks.

at first I was abit hesitant due to people claiming it was not guest friendly, however I had no problems whatsoever. All the elevators are positioned such as you never really seen by the lobby personel. Thus questions are never asked. During the daytime when central festival is open its even easier.

Complimentary wifi code was given at checkin which worked very good throughout the whole establishment.

The AC in my room made some little weird noise sometimes but it wasnt too bad and I never bothered to say anything about it.

They had many news channels from around the world which were nice to follow the beginning of the war.

I used their laundry service a couple of times, extremely overpriced but my clothes came back clean and neatly folded and packaged in so many plastic bags that the woke treehuggers of Sweden would probably get a stroke if they knew about it.

Breakfast was superb and the TGs loved it :) 

Overall I do think its abit overpriced tho, I guess the name itself adds atleast 2000thb to the daily rate.

2 minutes ago, Calmdown said:

Overall I do think its abit overpriced tho, I guess the name itself adds atleast 2000thb to the daily rate

To me, the name should entitle me to a 2k discount. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Currently in the Hilton , no problem at all with the girls . Had 2 girls stay in my room for the first few nights , the 5th to the 10th , one had to go home after that . Did a foursome with my regular gf and 2 from Palace no problem getting them in , and a couple of threesomes since then . Just walk like you own the place or totally belong there , everyone just says sawadie krap.

You can do deals just need the duty manager to organise , the girls on the desk cannot . They have monthly rates all depends on how busy the place is . . If you are staying for a few days avoid Saturday nights last week they were going for over 8000 baht . 

Great breakfast , good pool ,excellent room cleaning . Laundry just go out on Second road turn right to Skaw Bridge on the other side of the road . It goes up to Treetown loads of laundry places at 50baht a kg I use Lek laundry lovely old dear, clothes come back clean ironed and smelling good definite recommend . 

Got to enjoy it at this price , once the world gets back to normal it will be double the price and more . I also got up to gold on my Hilton honours with this stay and bagged a load of points for a free night . I booked in first on my honours points cost me 249 baht for the night , then sorted out a deal at reception for a 3 week stay . 

12 minutes ago, chippysam said:

Currently in the Hilton , no problem at all with the girls . Had 2 girls stay in my room for the first few nights , the 5th to the 10th , one had to go home after that . Did a foursome with my regular gf and 2 from Palace no problem getting them in , and a couple of threesomes since then . Just walk like you own the place or totally belong there , everyone just says sawadie krap.

You can do deals just need the duty manager to organise , the girls on the desk cannot . They have monthly rates all depends on how busy the place is . . If you are staying for a few days avoid Saturday nights last week they were going for over 8000 baht . 

Great breakfast , good pool ,excellent room cleaning . Laundry just go out on Second road turn right to Skaw Bridge on the other side of the road . It goes up to Treetown loads of laundry places at 50baht a kg I use Lek laundry lovely old dear, clothes come back clean ironed and smelling good definite recommend . 

Got to enjoy it at this price , once the world gets back to normal it will be double the price and more . I also got up to gold on my Hilton honours with this stay and bagged a load of points for a free night . I booked in first on my honours points cost me 249 baht for the night , then sorted out a deal at reception for a 3 week stay . 

Hi, glad to hear your having fun, making a deal with the duty manager for a months stay. What sort of price are you looking at?

Edited by Hey hey
Stuffed up

1 hour ago, Hey hey said:

Hi, glad to hear your having fun, making a deal with the duty manager for a months stay. What sort of price are you looking at?

I got around 4000 a night Inc breakfast.  For 3 weeks could be less for a month.  I did ask but he would not give a figure unless I commited to the  month  . A friend of mine was paying 9000 back in early 2019 for the same . The rates are different for week and at the weekend they are up a.lot , Bkk people staying porches a new style land rover defender etc outside reception. 

2 hours ago, chippysam said:

I got around 4000 a night Inc breakfast.  For 3 weeks could be less for a month.  I did ask but he would not give a figure unless I commited to the  month  . A friend of mine was paying 9000 back in early 2019 for the same . The rates are different for week and at the weekend they are up a.lot , Bkk people staying porches a new style land rover defender etc outside reception. 

surprisingly expensive imho for a 3 week deal. 

i've never seen the normal Hilton rooms for 9k (besides NYE or the fireworks festival). normal price is always in the 4k-5k range max. currently it's closer to 3k - 3.5k (without breakfast though) on most dates. 

the oceanfront executive rooms (65sqm with the jacuzzi on the balcony) is normally in the 9k-10k range, but can currently sometimes be found for slightly over 6k. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

40 minutes ago, petehoax said:

surprisingly expensive imho for a 3 week deal. 

i've never seen the normal Hilton rooms for 9k (besides NYE or the fireworks festival). normal price is always in the 4k-5k range max. currently it's closer to 3k - 3.5k (without breakfast though) on most dates. 

the oceanfront executive rooms (65sqm with the jacuzzi on the balcony) is normally in the 9k-10k range, but can currently sometimes be found for slightly over 6k. 

I am in the executive rooms 32 floor 

I've stayed at the Pattaya Hilton 15 to 20 times. LOVE the location and they always treat me great.

Only had one issue bringing a girl to the room and that's because she was 19 and it was when government was cracking down on the "only 20 and above" rule.

Sadly, COVID has eliminated their rotating lunch buffet menu, where each day was a different thing. The burger served on their "sandwich buffet" day was the best I have had in Pattaya - tasted like it came right off of a backyard BBQ grill.

I'll 3rd, 4th or 5th (whatever we are up to) on getting the Hilton AMEX Aspire card.

The $250 annual resort credit works at the Pattaya Hilton and can be used on virtually anything -- room charges, meals, etc. If you're staying any length of time, you should easily rack up $250 in room and other charges, so that effectively takes the annual fee down to $200. Tack on the annual free night, the much better potential for an upgrade and the free lounge access and breakfast, and I think it's pretty damn easy to get $200 in "value" out of it.

Diamond status should net you an upgrade. At a minimum, Diamond will get you bumped to an Executive floor, so I never book anything above the basic room.

Gold and above with Hilton gets free breakfast, and their breakfast buffet is solid, but not spectacular. I tend to eat Thai options, rather than traditional breakfast, but they had some egg dishes on my last trip that were great.

If you don't think the Aspire card is worth it, consider a lower card like the AMEX Hilton Surpass, which carries a $95 annual fee, but gets you Gold status. That gives you a slight chance of an upgrade (mch worse than Diamond), but gets you free breakfast during your stay.

AMEX is running a lucrative "sign up bonus" on the Hilton Surpass card right now (but I think Aspire just offers more points as it already carries a free night award) - 
https://onemileatatime.com/deals/hilton-honors-amex-free-night-offers/

I'm pretty sure I had the Surpass card before (dropped it after it came up for renewal), and I currently have the Aspire and Business AMEX, but I'm 99% sure that I'm going to drop the Biz AMEX when it comes up for renewal - requires too much annual spend ($15k) to get the free night certificate.

The Deluxe Ocean View and Executive Ocean View rooms seem to be the same with exception that the Executive rooms are floor 30-33 where the Deluxe rooms are floor 19-29.

Is access to the executive club for drinks and their breakfast really worth it for the £40 additional you pay? I'm not a big breakfast person and if I would feel like having one would do in the main restaurant as the breakfast you get in the executive club in other Hiltons I stayed was quite limited.

2 hours ago, Tapaz1976 said:

The Deluxe Ocean View and Executive Ocean View rooms seem to be the same with exception that the Executive rooms are floor 30-33 where the Deluxe rooms are floor 19-29.

Is access to the executive club for drinks and their breakfast really worth it for the £40 additional you pay? I'm not a big breakfast person and if I would feel like having one would do in the main restaurant as the breakfast you get in the executive club in other Hiltons I stayed was quite limited.

As noted above, I get lounge access regardless. I like it very much, but I can't say that it is worth the extra money.

There are snacks throughout the day, a nice little spread over their cocktail/happy hour, and sometimes it's nice to get out of my room and peck away on my laptop or iPad somewhere else. 

Well I don't get it for free so am wondering if it's worth to spend extra £40 for it. Do they have an outside area in the executive lounge? That would be worth it if you can sit outside having a cocktail every day.