IGNORED

Back from quick trip

James Daniels

Drove from Pattaya to Korat with a pit-stop near Buriram this past weekend.  My good friend has been asking e to come see him for long time, so I decided this was the time to go.  

From here to his home in rural Burriram, taking my time, took about 5 hours.  It was a nice drive up there (on highway 304)...especially through the mountains.  My friend lives off Highway 24, not in Burriram city....more like a farm.  Different world for me as I have been mostly in Bangkok, Hua Hin, and Pattaya.....

Next day we drove 70 minutes to Korat.  Bigger than I thought.  I liked it.  Saw the famous sttue of Thao Suranari which stands in the centre of Nakhon Ratchasima.  Many, many people were there to pray, etc.  Stayed at Kantary hotel, which I was told was one of the nicer places....little mini suite, breakfast, etc for 2000 baht per night.  It was probably the cleanest Covid 19 place I have been at during entire pandemic.  Everything sterilized. 

Saw the old wall, the Chinatown area, the malls, the horse racing track (first one I have seen in Thailand) and the sports stadium with the longest name. 

Are you ready for this.  Its official name is:  His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5 December 2007, Sports Complex.

And yes, I actually went on December 5.  Part of a huge sports complex that hosted the 2007 SE Asian Games.

In terms of finding a proper massage shop after walking through the streets of Korat?  Lets just they're much easier to locate here....

Short roadie....to the Gateway of Essan.  

4 hours ago, James Daniels said:

Drove from Pattaya to Korat with a pit-stop near Buriram this past weekend.  My good friend has been asking e to come see him for long time, so I decided this was the time to go.  

From here to his home in rural Burriram, taking my time, took about 5 hours.  It was a nice drive up there (on highway 304)...especially through the mountains.  My friend lives off Highway 24, not in Burriram city....more like a farm.  Different world for me as I have been mostly in Bangkok, Hua Hin, and Pattaya.....

Next day we drove 70 minutes to Korat.  Bigger than I thought.  I liked it.  Saw the famous sttue of Thao Suranari which stands in the centre of Nakhon Ratchasima.  Many, many people were there to pray, etc.  Stayed at Kantary hotel, which I was told was one of the nicer places....little mini suite, breakfast, etc for 2000 baht per night.  It was probably the cleanest Covid 19 place I have been at during entire pandemic.  Everything sterilized. 

Saw the old wall, the Chinatown area, the malls, the horse racing track (first one I have seen in Thailand) and the sports stadium with the longest name. 

Are you ready for this.  Its official name is:  His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5 December 2007, Sports Complex.

And yes, I actually went on December 5.  Part of a huge sports complex that hosted the 2007 SE Asian Games.

In terms of finding a proper massage shop after walking through the streets of Korat?  Lets just they're much easier to locate here....

Short roadie....to the Gateway of Essan.  

55A30D89-1959-4B65-BEB0-CA644AC0ED43.jpeg