IGNORED

Patong guest friendly hotels in covid era?

ngmassive

Looking for decent hotel walking distance or 1km to bangla road and the beech with good wi fi price 1400baht or less. after doing some reading and asking around 5 hotels there guest policy as of today, only palmyra replied saying they are guest friendly as long as girl is vaccinated, the Amata and Marina say they only accept 1 guest in a 7 day period due to covid so no good for me.

Any suggestions of Patong hotels that people have used recently that are guest friendly are welcome.

Edited by ngmassive

2 hours ago, ngmassive said:

Looking for decent hotel walking distance or 1km to bangla road and the beech with good wi fi price 1400baht or less. after doing some reading and asking around 5 hotels there guest policy as of today, only palmyra replied saying they are guest friendly as long as girl is vaccinated, the Amata and Marina say they only accept 1 guest in a 7 day period due to covid so no good for me.

Any suggestions of Patong hotels that people have used recently that are guest friendly are welcome.

Lantern Resort Hotel  , I stayed there last month and was told bring as many girls as you like . About 600 baht a night , no breakfast 

19 hours ago, worldpunter said:

Lantern Resort Hotel  , I stayed there last month and was told bring as many girls as you like . About 600 baht a night , no breakfast 

Thanks for the suggestion put the lanter on my possible accommodation list.

I fired off a bunch of email to various Patong hotels ranging from 600 baht to 1500 baht about there guest policy, Here are 4 that let you take 1 guest at a time with no joiner fee, most require ID and vaccination proof, shouldn't be an issue.

Patong Mansion 

Be Baan Paradise

Tony Resort

Tiras Patong

• Like 1

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Patong the first week of November and they were very guest friendly. I was in the new wing with pool view room and was very satisfied and will stay here again

Confirmed joiner friendly sha+ hotels:
Kudo
Palmyra
Doubletree
IndoChine Resort
hotel Indigo
Four points
The Bloc hotel
Holiday Inn

No problems with joiners (but that was outside of Sandbox stay):
Rak Elegant
Patong Bay Hill
Oceanfront Beach Resort
Crest Resort
The Nai Harn
The Bliss

fwiw: i know marina says they only accept 1 guest every 7 days. in reality they NEVER check ID and simply don't care at all and ignore you completely. i've stayed there for a few days last week. 

sleep with me is the same: officially they're not joiner friendly, but you simply walk past the lobby and they never check. 

palmyra actually checks vaccination status of guests and requests ID quite vehemently.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

On 29/11/2021 at 08:20, petehoax said:

Confirmed joiner friendly sha+ hotels:
Kudo
Palmyra
Doubletree
IndoChine Resort
hotel Indigo
Four points
The Bloc hotel
Holiday Inn

No problems with joiners (but that was outside of Sandbox stay):
Rak Elegant
Patong Bay Hill
Oceanfront Beach Resort
Crest Resort
The Nai Harn
The Bliss

fwiw: i know marina says they only accept 1 guest every 7 days. in reality they NEVER check ID and simply don't care at all and ignore you completely. i've stayed there for a few days last week. 

sleep with me is the same: officially they're not joiner friendly, but you simply walk past the lobby and they never check. 

palmyra actually checks vaccination status of guests and requests ID quite vehemently.

I can confirm that The Lantern Resorts is joiner friendly with no fee.

Good location, decent price and big rooms.

• Like 2

Seacono Botique hotel is pretty nice

Stayed there a few times.

Close to Bangla and Guest Friendly

https://www.agoda.com/seacono-boutique-hotel/hotel/phuket-th.html?cid=1844104&checkIn=2021-12-03&los=1&travellerType=1

The Crystal Beach hotel is also pretty nice

https://www.agoda.com/the-crystal-beach-hotel/hotel/phuket-th.html?finalPriceView=1&isShowMobileAppPrice=false&cid=1731665&numberOfBedrooms=&familyMode=false&adults=2&children=0&rooms=1&maxRooms=0&checkIn=2021-12-12&isCalendarCallout=false&childAges=&numberOfGuest=0&missingChildAges=false&travellerType=-1&showReviewSubmissionEntry=false&currencyCode=USD&isFreeOccSearch=false&isCityHaveAsq=true&los=1&searchrequestid=7fcb0c28-3edc-4490-8c4d-b105614194cb

Nice location on a quiet Soi and they also do scooter rental from there.

They are also a short walk to Otop bars

Just be careful on your room selection as they do have rooms with no windows and it is very dark with the lights off.  The window rooms are fine though

Have stayed at Tony Resort as well 

The place is a very old dirty dump of a resort with terrible management and would never stay there again.

They claim to be guest friendly but their staff will attempt to extort a payment from you when you bring a girl back at night

Edited by j_d66
  • Like 2

On 03/12/2021 at 17:34, ElSueco said:

The Yorkshire on Sansbai is a classic hotell for us but my information is old...
https://g.page/Yorkshire-Hotel-Phuket?share

Stayed there in 2018 and it was guest friendly, not sure if that is newer or older than the info you had

Mr. WIFSUWO

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Patong Resort hotel is guest friendly?  Seen some comments saying if you book for 2 people you won't be charged, but if you book 1 person you would be charged, which doesn't make much sense to me when the booking is same price.

6 hours ago, Kindred said:

Anyone know if Patong Resort hotel is guest friendly?  Seen some comments saying if you book for 2 people you won't be charged, but if you book 1 person you would be charged, which doesn't make much sense to me when the booking is same price.

Stayed there quite a few times, but not for about 5 years. I always book for 2 persons and have not been charged a joiner fee.

They have in the distant past tried to charge joiner fee but when I pointed out I had booked for 2 they let me off.

You can come in the rear gate off Bangla Road and avoid reception if you are in rear rooms around the pool area. I usually slip the man on the gate 100 baht when I arrive and he waves the girls through with you.

Can't comment on how they may have tightened up security with Covid.

54 minutes ago, tt2008 said:

You can come in the rear gate off Bangla Road

Which Soi leads to that?  I had a quick look tonight but the Soi I picked was a dead end.

1 hour ago, Kindred said:

Which Soi leads to that?  I had a quick look tonight but the Soi I picked was a dead end.

It's the one opposite Soi Seadragon see X on Map and Google map photos

2000986561_PatongBeachbackdoorsoi.thumb.jpg.f27e87e5340396edc3222cde6b043e88.jpg

Below is entrance to the Soi

596911617_PatongBeachbackdoorsoi2.thumb.jpg.6580b5b71142d10e59cca2c7e304c292.jpg

Below is end - there is a gate in the hedge that leads into the back of the hotel. I don't know if it is open now.

1507105155_PatongBeachbackdoor.thumb.jpg.bfc363d48ddcae5ae8a9ea315a386489.jpg

10 hours ago, tt2008 said:

It's the one opposite Soi Seadragon see X on Map and Google map photos

Yeah that's what I tried and saw that fence but no apparent door in the hedge (but could easily have missed it if its part of it and a bit more covered).

Booked a room anyway - will confirm GF status and that gate access later 👍

7 hours ago, Kindred said:

why not just call them and ask? normally better to avoid disappointments. 

but keep us updated and i'll add it to the list once confirmed, thanks! 

• Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I stayed at Baan Paradise hotel a budget hotel, near the action near Bangla guest friendly decent clean rooms for the price and very good wi fi and aircon, so suited me just fine. But the lift doesn't work and there are 5 floors to the top rooms if that bothers you.

9 hours ago, Kindred said:

Yeah that's what I tried and saw that fence but no apparent door in the hedge (but could easily have missed it if its part of it and a bit more covered).

Please confirm as it's my favourite hotel in Patong so would be good to know what the current situation is.

Thanks in advance.

I stay in holiday in resort , girlfriendly. But here in Phuket too much attitude and not many option. I’m not satisfied and bringing here my own girl from esaan. 

On 16/01/2022 at 19:19, tt2008 said:

Please confirm as it's my favourite hotel in Patong so would be good to know what the current situation is.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah so I asked and it seems as long as you specify 2 people when you book then there will be no charge.  If you specify 1 person, then at the moment its 500B/night for a lady (I think she said 1000B normally).  Doesn't make any sense to me since you don't pay any difference between 1-2 people when you book, but at least with Agoda it defaults to specifying 2 people.

The fence/door to Bangla is not operating right now though, it said because of COVID.. guess they need a guard there etc.  The exit to beach road means its maybe 5-10 min walk to Bangla.

Breakfast is 6am-10am which isn't that bad since the night finishes earlier thesedays.

2 hours ago, Kindred said:

Yeah so I asked and it seems as long as you specify 2 people when you book then there will be no charge.  If you specify 1 person, then at the moment its 500B/night for a lady (I think she said 1000B normally).  Doesn't make any sense to me since you don't pay any difference between 1-2 people when you book, but at least with Agoda it defaults to specifying 2 people.

The fence/door to Bangla is not operating right now though, it said because of COVID.. guess they need a guard there etc.  The exit to beach road means its maybe 5-10 min walk to Bangla.

Thanks for the update. I always book for 2 in every hotel I stay in as it's always the same price as for 1 and you avoid the possibility of them sticking you in a small room with a single bed.

I'm not surprised about the rear gate given Covid. Lets hope it reopens when things get back to normal as it's a handy short cut.

• 3 months later...

Anyone has recently experience with Hilton Doubletree in Parong? I read different thing online. Some say guest friendly and others say you pay 1500 bath

thanks

10 minutes ago, RomeQ86 said:

Anyone has recently experience with Hilton Doubletree in Parong? I read different thing online. Some say guest friendly and others say you pay 1500 bath

thanks

it's been used by dozens of people since Phuket sandbox opened and i've never read of it not being guestfriendly. but most of these reports were from 2021.

maybe that changed recently... why not send a quick email to them and ask? 

• 4 weeks later...

Last April I stayed at Ashlee hub hotel opposite hardrock and hooters. It's located in front of OTOP barcomplex (my main reason to book it) and about 5min walk from Bangla. Absolute guestfriendly. Large room and bed for 780/night

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 3 weeks later...