IGNORED

Best Rooftop of Bangkok & Pattaya

Hi guys,

The Walking Street, market, street food, gogobar, …  Thailand is full of treasures and ways to be entertained.  but a subject that I didn’t find in forum: rooftop

Bangkok has a large number of rooftops that are worth the trip.

which roof top have you tested?  which one has the best view?  which attracts pretty Thai girls?

let's share our experiences here! 😀

Edited by Tomv76

I tested during my last trip to BKK a few years ago, the rooftop located on the 45th floor of the Marriott hotel in Sukhumvit.

The view is magnificent on the Chao Phraya. You can see the lights of cars and traffic on the roads towards Sathon.

A DJ plays electro music on a terrace with intimate and modern lights. In the early evening it’s quiet. I don't know if there are nights during the week or on weekends where there is a lot of atmosphere. But personally I have found a good memory of my first rooftop in Bangkok.

Who has already tested?  Unfortunately no personal photo, I have changed my phone since ...

B2380D76-DB13-43D6-AE2B-4BB37C66F87E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rooftop of the Sofitel is nice, Belga Belgian Restaurant is good although expensive.  Can choose to sit indoors or outdoors, 34th floor views of lower Sukhumvit.  It would be improved if they played some soft jazz in the background instead of pop music from the 80s.  Freelancers are next door at Thermae, not on the rooftop, unless you BYO.  See my review.

Retired

I had a hotel room with a glass separating the tub and the bed.  it's fun and allows you to have a nice view of your girl one night.  or watch/spy while you take a shower ...

I was just at Marriott Octave rooftop bar Bangkok last night, it's nice, great view.  I was there with the TGF, but did notice quite a few groups of cute single girls mingling and taking selfies.

Tichuca (T-One building, across Sukhumvit from Marriott) is another decent one, with multiple levels of the rooftop bar. Get there early, because it's popular and they sometimes limit the number of guests that get to go up.  After putting your name on the queue list and while waiting in the lobby, you can make new friends with the many hot girls waiting to go up.

For Pattaya, I don't think you can beat the view from Horizon rooftop bar at the Hilton. However, the last time I was there in January 2020 (pre-covid), not many single girls were seen. May be different nowadays because everything else is essentially closed.

All of them are overpriced, but I'm guessing that's expected and not a concern.

• Thanks 2
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Just stayed at VT6 and I'll tell you the rooftop would make a hell of ah nice bar. Watched the fireworks there.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, yahderhey said:

Just stayed at VT6 and I'll tell you the rooftop would make a hell of ah nice bar. Watched the fireworks there.

I lived on the 26th floor and watched the fireworks laying in bed

Retired

Millennium Hilton Bangkok

Pattaya Palm Wong Amat (Residential) 

Pattaya Riviera Jomtien (Residential )

14 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

I lived on the 26th floor and watched the fireworks laying in bed

Lucky dog. Beach corner unit? I had a nice view of the smoke from my balcony.

If you enjoy fantastic views, try lebua at State Tower Bangkok at sunset.  It might be the highest rooftop bar/restaurant in Bangkok. What a magnificent view! 

Dress up a bit and bring a fat wallet though. On Saturday evening I thoroughly enjoyed a 21 yo single malt Glenlivet Archive in their exclusive whiskey/scotch room/bar, which ran me just under 2k baht. It wasn't the cheapest, and certainly not the most expensive. They had a very rare Chivas that goes for nearly 20k baht for a single shot, in a special glass (which you CANNOT keep 😆).

Plenty of super-hotties around, but they were all with dates. I have to say that the staff was exceptionally attentive and accommodating.

https://lebua.com/restaurants/

The place might look familiar as it was featured in The Hangover 2 movie.

• Like 2
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

25 minutes ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

If you enjoy fantastic views, try lebua at State Tower Bangkok at sunset.  It might be the highest rooftop bar/restaurant in Bangkok. What a magnificent view! 

Dress up a bit and bring a fat wallet though. On Saturday evening I thoroughly enjoyed a 21 yo single malt Glenlivet Archive in their exclusive whiskey/scotch room/bar, which ran me just under 2k baht. It wasn't the cheapest, and certainly not the most expensive. They had a very rare Chivas that goes for nearly 20k baht for a single shot, in a special glass (which you CANNOT keep 😆).

Plenty of super-hotties around, but they were all with dates. I have to say that the staff was exceptionally attentive and accommodating.

The place might look familiar as it was featured in The Hangover 2 movie.

They serve a special cocktail in honor of the movie, the Hangovertini  

• Like 2

Retired

51 minutes ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

Si vous aimez les vues fantastiques, essayez  lebua à la State Tower Bangkok au coucher du soleil.  C'est peut-être le bar/restaurant sur le toit le plus haut de Bangkok. Quelle vue magnifique ! 

Habillez-vous un peu et apportez un gros portefeuille cependant. Samedi soir, j'ai vraiment apprécié un single malt Glenlivet Archive de 21 ans dans leur bar/salle de whisky/scotch exclusif, qui m'a coûté un peu moins de 2 000 bahts. Ce n'était pas le moins cher, et certainement pas le plus cher. Ils avaient un Chivas très rare qui vaut près de 20 000 bahts pour un seul coup, dans un verre spécial (que vous NE POUVEZ PAS garder 😆 ).

Beaucoup de super chaudasses autour, mais elles étaient toutes avec des dates. Je dois dire que le personnel était exceptionnellement attentionné et arrangeant.

L'endroit peut sembler familier car il a été présenté dans le film The Hangover 2.

Thank you for this experience and review.  It’s the more famous but not necessary the best. True ?

there are so many rooftops. It’s great to share the good stuff. 🤗

• Like 1

The 78 floor King Power MahaNakhon Tower in downtown Silom is officially Thailand's tallest building. The famous attraction is the glass-floored skywalk but my favourite is the bar and the views of Bangkok from the top.

Some people know it as the Lego building. Can't see it myself.

king-power-mahanakhon-314-m-high.jpg

Edited by JoeNemesis

17 minutes ago, Tomv76 said:

Thank you for this experience and review.  It’s the more famous but not necessary the best. True ?

there are so many rooftops. It’s great to share the good stuff. 🤗

Is it the best? I think it depends on what you're looking for.  If you're looking for exceptional views of the city, along with an exclusive selection of booze, I'd say it's one of the best.  If you're looking for single girls in a rooftop setting, it's probably one of the worse.

Edited by Buddy Edgewood

5 hours ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

Est-ce le meilleur ? Je pense que cela dépend de ce que vous recherchez. Si vous recherchez des vues exceptionnelles sur la ville, ainsi qu'une sélection exclusive d'alcools, je dirais que c'est l'un des meilleurs. Si vous cherchez des filles célibataires sur un toit, c'est probablement l'un des pires.

no, I'm mainly looking for rooftops with a nice view, good music and pleasant decor.  even better if there are pretty girls!  lol

7 hours ago, JoeNemesis said:

The 78 floor King Power MahaNakhon Tower in downtown Silom is officially Thailand's tallest building. The famous attraction is the glass-floored skywalk but my favourite is the bar and the views of Bangkok from the top.

Yes, 314 meters above the ground.  Good time to visit now before the crowd comes back.

20210228_170748.jpg

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s the best but I’ve always enjoyed Above 11 due to its location and there always seems to be a lot of hot girls in there in the past. 

https://aboveeleven.com/bangkok/

42972AB9-EE11-46CE-8597-5D91AC37BDD0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Tomv76 said:

no, I'm mainly looking for rooftops with a nice view, good music and pleasant decor.  even better if there are pretty girls!  lol

One option for price is an object guys is to take a look at mid-level places off the beaten track of the cool kids. There are many of them and some good values, e.g., if you take a look in just the Cowboy area, Brewskis on the 30th floor of Raddison Blu can be had for 30% discount on Eatigo.

The Eatigo discount only applies to food, i.e., excludes drinks, but that's still a bargain. Nice views of the area from up there and some good beer options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BobLilly said:

Brewskis on the 30th floor of Raddison Blu

Thanks! This is the one I was trying to think of. Very nice place. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2021 at 03:32, JoeNemesis said:

This is the one I was looking for, just didn't know the name, in silom, I'll be there in February, thanks for the info.

Good luck.  Have fun.  There's a BTS Skytrain station right next to it:  Chong Nonsi.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/11/2021 at 15:54, Dr No said:

I don’t know if it’s the best but I’ve always enjoyed Above 11 due to its location and there always seems to be a lot of hot girls in there in the past. 

https://aboveeleven.com/bangkok/

42972AB9-EE11-46CE-8597-5D91AC37BDD0.jpeg

I’ve been there 4 or 5 times. It’s not cheap but  it won’t break your wallet either. I got the corner table last time. Glass walls on both sides of a high top table. It’s not for the faint of heart, but an unbelievable view.  Food is very good and loads of eye candy at the bar. But this is where you take your girlfriend or wife to impress them, so you wouldn’t be looking at other ladies anyway

😃

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Some great views from "Above eleven" in Sukhumvit soi 11. Reasonably priced as well.

IMG_20171008_201346.jpg

IMG_20171008_201353.jpg

IMG_20171008_202332.jpg

IMG_20171008_202620.jpg

IMG_20171008_210501.jpg

IMG_20171008_210636.jpg