IGNORED

"SCOOT"

rogdtm

I booked in March for end of May for £320 economy, no checked baggage, one date change allowed, Thai would have been £600 changeable, on the basis that if it all went wrong due to Covid or other I could write off 320 but not 600. Also wanted to check for myself whether Scoot are a viable option in general so willing to take a risk on a nightmare journey once....   

Agree, only worthwhile if you're within easy reach of Gatwick and can manage with 10kg luggage. I'm short, although a bit too fond of pies. I always take my own entertainment anyway.

They don't let you take food or drink on board, so need to factor in that cost, although I may attempt to smuggle.

This week they moved my OB flight from 26/5 22:00 to 29/5 19:30 blaming Covid, they did give some cancellation and voucher options, but I was able to bring it forward to  24/5 19:30.

Will report back.....

Hmmm .... attractive prices, but ....

Edited by kansuwan

1 hour ago, kansuwan said:

Hmmm .... attractive prices, but ....

I watched the vids, have been considering Scoot. 

His complaints were, a conflict with a staff member, could just be a bad apple or a training issue? who knows, but on the second flight he said the crew were great.. His other complaints were mostly related to poor business class service. Not sure why you would go for Scoot if you want business class? Wouldn't apply to me as I wouldn't be opting for Scoot business class.

On the second vid he said the flight was good value, despite some room for improvement on pre-flight procedures. They still look like a good option to me as I can avoid paying for things I don't ever need like big luggage, in flight entertainment, food etc. 

Edited by jaykao

I had my flights booked directly with Scoot in January, flying May 17 returning 26th in Scoot plus, cheap £660.

Called them 2 weeks ago after a friend tried to book the same flights, to discover they were not flying Bangkok - Gatwick on 26th May. They told me they were, just not showing as available as flight is full, even though it doesn't show on their flight schedule.  Last week I messaged them through the app and was told they were flying the route and that I would not have been able to book it if it was not available. (see screenshot)

2 days later email received saying the return had been amended to 29th, accept or cancel.

I cancelled , (but 60 days for refund) and booked Thai Airways.

scoot chat.jpg

Mornings were made for sleeping, wild sex & bacon

• 2 months later...

They’re suspending the route (from around the middle of August) but might restart for the winter season.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 4 weeks later...

Had to fly Scoot beginning of the month, was expecting the worst, pleasantly surprised, yeah no food, entertainment, didn't really notice leg room, but thought it was Ok, flight was midnight from Gatwick so fed and watered anyway which helped. 

• 3 weeks later...

UK route appears to be suspended, no flights have been selectable for some time now.

Of course, there is zero information on their website or social media.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

On 14/11/2021 at 15:36, mmaaarrrkkk said:

they are not FUCKING bad , just small. But i agree , you pay for what you get , which is a lot less at the cost of comfort.

Great for you , a short flight is tolerable but not a 8+ hr flight

Agree with Mark. For the price you pay, you get a decent service.

Just don’t expect to have the same experience as a more prominent airline. I wouldn’t compare Qantas to Scoot - its comparing apples and oranges.

I have flown Scoot domestically in Asia and it was ok.

9 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Are they flying I can’t find anything 

On 26/07/2022 at 16:31, davidge said:

They’re suspending the route (from around the middle of August) but might restart for the winter season.