IGNORED

"SCOOT"

rogdtm

Just announced budget airline" Scoot"  to start flights from Gatwick to Singapore via Bangkok in December, then to continue a regular service from March, using "Dreamliner" aircraft.

Three flights a week at first to test demand. I cannot find any prices yet ,but I am sure they will be competitve.

Yes, I posted it yesterday in another thread about December flights from U.K. 

There was very little availability showing at all.

I found flights for a short xmas trip (16-28) for under £300 - seat only, no luggage, food etc etc. Or about £750 for the premier class.

There was no availability at all showing for January onwards really. Maybe the website hasn’t been properly updated yet.

(as this is not a trip report, I’ll try to find a section to move it to.)

This would really be better in Transportation & Travel but that isn’t advanced. @rogdtm let me know if you’re happy for it to be moved there. Thanks.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Yes, I posted it yesterday in another thread about December flights from U.K. 

There was very little availability showing at all.

I found flights for a short xmas trip (16-28) for under £300 - seat only, no luggage, food etc etc. Or about £750 for the premier class.

There was no availability at all showing for January onwards really. Maybe the website hasn’t been properly updated yet.

(as this is not a trip report, I’ll try to find a section to move it to.)

This would really be better in Transportation & Travel but that isn’t advanced. @rogdtm let me know if you’re happy for it to be moved there. Thanks.

It should be mate I can’t see any reason for this to be in Advanced members. Better to get it a wider audience I agree.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Just booked Scoot return from Sydney to Bangkok in February for $406. Includes choice of seats and carry on but no meal or checked luggage. Very cheap price. Looking forward to getting back to Thailand.

• Like 3

So as a Singaporean who have sat on Scoot countless times. Just be wary the seats are really REALLY fucking bad

You are paying a lot lesser but at the cost of comfort. So just fyi guys

• Sad 1

Also their inflight entertainment might not work yet you still get charged for the attempted use. Then they try to bs you into letting them send the money back by telegraphic transfer because it was incurred in flight.  

Fucking stupid morons.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw the SCOOT girls leaving their hotel in Melbourne yesterday, brought back memories... mainly how gorgeous they are in their tight uniforms, but also the pain of traveling SCOOT.   It is a cheap carrier, you get what you pay for (both comfort and services), and they will try and get their money back in other ways etc.. it is what it is... same same all budget airlines.

• Like 2

Direct flight, nearly £300 cheaper than Eva or Thai, so maybe worth my bringing a cushion and my own entertainment downloaded onto my phone and fitting all my luggage into my carry on.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kindred said:

SCOOT...is a cheap carrier, you get what you pay for (both comfort and services)

Scoot is the budget carrier of Singapore Airlines.

A few years ago I booked Scoot, Melbourne to Singapore in economy; price was very low. About a week before departure an email came, "We have four business class seats unsold, how much will you bid?"  I bid $A175 (~4400THB at today's exchange rates); a couple of days later I was told this was OK - big lie-flat seat, baggage allowance, good meals etc.

I stayed in a hotel near Singapore airport overnight (in Geylang  brothel area, but I did not like the prices compared with tomorrow's LoS! I had not known until I got there and went out for a walk). Continued to Thailand next morning, AirAsia two hours to Utapao (Rayong/Pattaya) or maybe Don Muang airport in Bangkok, do not remember for sure. All was excellent and I will do the same again if the opportunity occurs.

Another time I booked AirAsia economy return Melbourne-Kuala Lumpur-Thailand. Timetable meant I stayed one night outbound at a hotel at KL airport.

AirAsia had a similar scheme as Scoot, called Optiontown. Going to KL I scored upgrade for $A100 (~2500THB), but coming back overnight I was stuck in economy - OK for a short flight but not good for eight hours overnight.

Since that time AirAsia have switched to operating out of Avalon rather than the main Melbourne airport, Tullamarine; I am unlikely to go there as it is a long journey from the part of Melbourne where I live and the timetable, as it was a year or so ago, would have involved getting up about 3.30am: not for me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, particle said:

Direct flight, nearly £300 cheaper than Eva or Thai, so maybe worth my bringing a cushion and my own entertainment downloaded onto my phone and fitting all my luggage into my carry on.

Get a pad, bigger screen, and headphones. You can download movies from the Google or Apple online stores; movies are time-dated so check conditions.

I had an iPad with Skype in for phone calls plus my banking apps.

I travel quite light. Clothes, shoes and most things are cheap in Thailand so stock up once you are there.

1 minute ago, Bonkabit said:

Get a pad, bigger screen, and headphones. You can download movies from the Google or Apple online stores; movies are time-dated so check conditions.

I had an iPad with Skype in for phone calls plus my banking apps.

I travel quite light. Clothes, shoes and most things are cheap in Thailand so stock up once you are there.

16 hours ago, 7thp said:

So as a Singaporean who have sat on Scoot countless times. Just be wary the seats are really REALLY fucking bad

You are paying a lot lesser but at the cost of comfort. So just fyi guys

they are not FUCKING bad , just small. But i agree , you pay for what you get , which is a lot less at the cost of comfort.

Great for you , a short flight is tolerable but not a 8+ hr flight

• Like 1

I use scoot to travel to Clarks/Angeles City

I would stay the one 1 night in Singapore and then travel the next day

I think the flight times are; 

Departing SIN - 15.30

Arriving CRK - 19.00

The airport is only a 20/30 min drive into town

Then hitting the bars by 20.30

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

they are not FUCKING bad , just small. But i agree , you pay for what you get , which is a lot less at the cost of comfort.

Agree. So for reference , I am 1.86M, that should be around 6.1 feet to the Americans

Don't go for scoot if you are around my height, my 2 hours flights were my limit and was very uncomfortable with my knees very close to the seats in front

Only got for it if

1) you want to save the money

2) you don't care about comfort

3) you are small in size

Edited by 7thp

I saw these the other day, I messed around with their website and punched in random dates and regularly got flights for £300 or so... considering I think I paid £540 for EVA in 2020 it does seem very tempting.

New competition is always good I guess regardless of if you actually plan to fly with them or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be keeping a close eye on this one some crazy cheap prices compared to other carriers for the xmas/new year period although I doubt i can make it away this year myself.

Flights stop in early January then start again in March and continue through 2022 3 times a week. Being small in stature I am smug as fuck every time I board a plane and I only travel with carry on these days so it could well be an option in the future if it succeeds.

As I see it their 'Business Class' is really only Premium Economy at best but still a lot cheaper than EVA or Ba's PE could also be an option

The only downside as I see it is that Gatwick is nowhere near as convenient as Heathrow, its ok on the outward journey but sucks on the way home..... 

On 13/11/2021 at 22:13, mixedberrys said:

Just booked Scoot return from Sydney to Bangkok in February for $406. Includes choice of seats and carry on but no meal or checked luggage. Very cheap price. Looking forward to getting back to Thailand.

I saw some cheap flights from Melbourne also.  Did you see any prices for checked luggage when you booked?    Probably still cheaper than Qantas at around $900

3 hours ago, keepitfun said:

I saw some cheap flights from Melbourne also.  Did you see any prices for checked luggage when you booked?    Probably still cheaper than Qantas at around $900

Usually when you book you can upgrade to a baggage option, it's only around $60 I think for 20-25kg.

Plus scoots carrying limit is 10kg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I fly scoot quite regularly and imo they are the best of the international budget airlines.

I have never had any issues with their customer service etc. Seats are on the smaller side, I overcome that by dropping a sleeping tablet on longer flights.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 4 weeks later...

Report in the Telegraph on first direct flight from London Gatwick to Bangkok yesterday. Flight took 12 hours 30 minutes and arrived 2 hours 35 minutes late. Some flights with stopovers take less time.

https://www.uk.yahoo.com/style/board-first-low-cost-flight-102327621.html

Edited by quietguy77

12 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

Report in the Telegraph on first direct flight from London Gatwick to Bangkok yesterday. Flight took 12 hours 30 minutes and arrived 2 hours 35 minutes late. Some flights with stopovers take less time.

https://www.uk.yahoo.com/style/board-first-low-cost-flight-102327621.html

Informative thanks.  Sounds absolutely fine, as expected. Main queue issue from Thailand Pass related queues. not really a typical thing.

Not even small seats according to the article, just saving money on needless extras like the always-crap airline food, and in-flight entertainment of naff hollywood on tiny screens.  Sign me up!

"The economy seat width (18 inches) and pitch (30-31 inches) is on par with other long-haul carriers; travellers who opt for the “stretch” seats will enjoy a pitch of 34 inches or more. As such, space didn’t feel too stingy.'"

On 14/11/2021 at 05:57, particle said:

Anyone know if they have charging ports for devices? 

• 1 month later...

If you come from down south, skint and can get by with 10kg of baggage, 54cm x 38cm x 23cm + 40cm X 30cm X 10cm.  £330 for a direct Economy flight could be worth it.  Take your own entertainment and a sandwich.

Coming from up north it's not worth the trek to London and KLM/Air France do Manchester/Birmingham for about £360-80 with meal and entertainment. 

I said it in a another thread check out the movie 'Up In The Air.'  Do you really need all that stuff? And it's a ball-ache carrying it around.

Edited by chris19713

• 3 months later...

I've just flown scoot , got premium from Gatwick to Bangkok and economy back , £603, good price I thought , the premium or scootplus includes luggage and a meal and a nice seat , check in was bad they didn't know I was scoot plus so wanted me to pay for luggage , the woman asked me where it said scoot plus , it was right in front of her ,she called someone over and it was sorted . Food was ok ,but no entertainment and everything else costs ,water coffee etc. 

And they changed both flight times,brought them forward by 3 hours ,  5 days before I flew . They told me about the return but not the flight out ,I found out online . They definitely feel budget , but would use again .