IGNORED

A few current observations about Jomtien restaurants

ChiFlyer

Went to that Denmark buffet on Soi Whitehouse a few days ago, was busy. Good value for 160B. Eggs cooked to order. Bacon really good, crispy.

Thai selection very limited and, according to missus, not good.

Tea coffee cups are really small, mugs would be ideal.

But show stopper is that they allow smoking at the tables.

23 hours ago, jimboh said:

Any idea where Mr Moo has relocated to?

No idea - and no feedback from my other friends who liked the place as well. I will post if I hear something.

The place was completely cleaned out. Not even a toothpick left on the floor.

Edited by ChiFlyer

On 25/12/2021 at 10:12, jimboh said:

Any idea where Mr Moo has relocated to?

He's on that soi that runs from Threppasit to the back of Rhompo ( 16 ?) right next to the carwash.

57 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

He's on that soi that runs from Threppasit to the back of Rhompo ( 16 ?) right next to the carwash.

He is not there any more. Just to be a smart ass that soi is called Thepprasit 17. :)

IMO - that (Easy Wash) is a pretty decent car wash. They do a really good job and the turnaround time is usually not bad. If they are backed up, they will tell you and suggest that you may want to try on the next day instead. They cost a few baht more than some other places (70 for a bike and 170 for a small car). I for one am impressed with the job that they do and kick in another 30 for a tip in both cases. 

Hell a car wash of that quality would easily cost me $50 ~ 1500 THB in the US.

I used to enjoy walking over to Mr. Moo to get a small bag of fried bananas while I waited. I guess I can pick up my fried bananas over in Rompho on the way there.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

No idea - and no feedback from my other friends who liked the place as well. I will post if I hear something.

The place was completely cleaned out. Not even a toothpick left on the floor.

I maybe mistaken with another establishment, but I thought I heard that they moved somewhere over on the darkside.

4 minutes ago, jwdub said:

I maybe mistaken with another establishment, but I thought I heard that they moved somewhere over on the darkside.

Just like I thought it looks like Mr. Moo moved over to Soi Siam Country Club and changed their name to Baan Siam Poolside Restaurant per a July 4th posting on FB.

On 26/12/2021 at 15:58, jwdub said:

Just like I thought it looks like Mr. Moo moved over to Soi Siam Country Club and changed their name to Baan Siam Poolside Restaurant per a July 4th posting on FB.

A friend of mine and his lady made the trek over to the Baan Siam Poolside Restaurant. They are bigger Mr Moo fans than myself. His take on the situation is that Mr Moo is managing this place for someone else. He also passed on that business does not appear to be good at this time. He additionally passed on that the Google Maps instructions took them there easily enough.

Being a Jomtien guy, I would probably be unlikely to pass over Rt. 66 and Taco House for this place should I be in the area, although that is a pretty good looking plate of Pad Thai.

Here are a few pics that my friend sent over.

IMG_3527.thumb.JPG.7896937903d1a708280c641e66f7be7d.JPG

IMG_3529.thumb.JPG.ba514e9b61ad9af7cba1517e0493122b.JPG

IMG_3528.thumb.JPG.287bfd51838a2db17ccc907a53941ad9.JPG

IMG_3530.thumb.JPG.1d5ae1eedae2e4d9ad8a65bea2d5a0fa.JPG

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3