IGNORED

Monta Burger

James Daniels

A few days ago when I was at the bank on 2nd road I looked across the street and saw Monta Burger. I figured with the title like that their burgers must be good, right?

Not so much.  With BM rocketboy as my guest we tried today. 

We both ordered the same double cheeseburger with french fries. Unfortunately great french fries seem to be so hard to come by here. So I would write them a three out of 10. 

As for the burger, let’s just say it looked better than it was.  It just didn’t taste delicious. So I would read it 5.5 out of 10. 

Cost for two with Coke = 540 thb

Prime burger, Fraser’s and Just Burgers are my top three. 

I would be interested in hearing what other members favourite burger places are in either Jomptien or Pattaya. 

Perhaps more importantly I would like to hear where the best french fries are?

• Like 2

Thread moved to appropriate section.

• Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I do like Just Burger.

French fries, are those the slim chips, like at McDonalds? 

Edited by jimboh

Prime Burger for me, not even close to anything I have tried in Asia.

Besides Pattaya, they have one in Phuket and Bangkok and I stumbled across an opening of a new one at Central World in Siam (Bangkok).

Edited by LASportsNut

A good one I have had recently has been at Peaky Blinders, great home made patty and was reasonably priced at under 200B for the meal. Worth a try guys.

After a nice afternoon at a GC, I arrived home last night and got the Bolt to pull up outside Montaburger... I ordered a cheese burger 2x french fries (servings are pretty small) and a coke light to drink while waiting. All in 205 baht. So I ain't complaining.  The Burgers are OK, and a fair size. The feed hits the spot.. especially after a couple of bevvies...

48 minutes ago, Tchiowa said:

Arno's in Terminal 21 is the best burger in Pattaya.

Especially the lamb burger.

This is what me and @James Danielshad! Our fries were not a small size, my burger just wasn't that good. I didn't even eat all of them because of the taste and the way they were cooked!

If you've been here and to any of the other places mentioned you'd totally agree that that's not a good burger.

I'd go so far to say that anyone who says or thinks Monta's burger are good.....never really tasted a cheeseburger or hamburger from anyplace else! :)

I'm from America so I know what a good burger should taste like!! 555

Screenshot_20211104-170311_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

This is what me and @James Danielshad! Our fries were not a small size, my burger just wasn't that good. I didn't even eat all of them because of the taste and the way they were cooked!

If you've been here and to any of the other places mentioned you'd totally agree that that's not a good burger.

I'd go so far to say that anyone who says or thinks Monta's burger are good.....never really tasted a cheeseburger or hamburger from anyplace else! :)

Thanks for the heads up.

It's a shame because it looks like a good burger.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Micky Finn said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Everyone has their opinions and that's cool, for me this was just not a good burger. 

It's the main reason I tend to stay away from places like this and the little stands where they make and sell burgers. To be honest when I saw the prices I knew it wasn't going to be good. I even think I mentioned that to @James Daniels For some an inexpensive burger may be just what they want!

The quality of the meat is not going to be on par with places like Just Burgers, Prime, Jim's, etc! The meat is what good burgers are all about. :)

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Micky Finn said:

Really does. I'm half tempted to go check myself :) One mans excellence might be another ones misery and vice versa (which goes for many types of meat around here.) 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Really does. I'm half tempted to go check myself :) One mans excellence might be another ones misery and vice versa (which goes for many types of meat around here.) 

I don't mean to discourage anyone from going I'm just relaying my experience. And I'm not saying don't give it try.....like you said it may be excellent for some!

23 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

don't mean to discourage anyone from going

Right mate. Didn't take it as such. But your tr post tickled my curiosity as the picture made me hungry :)

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 hours ago, jimboh said:

I do like Just Burger.

French fries, are those the slim chips, like at McDonalds? 

My personal favourite are the big steak fries. And you don’t see that very often here.  

11 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

What part of America are you from? Mexico has some good burgers. Also Chile but a little spicy. Canada they taste like Maple.

Jack😙 

11 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Everyone has their opinions and that's cool, for me this was just not a good burger. 

It's the main reason I tend to stay away from places like this and the little stands where they make and sell burgers. To be honest when I saw the prices I knew it wasn't going to be good. I even think I mentioned that to @James Daniels For some an inexpensive burger may be just what they want!

The quality of the meat is not going to be on par with places like Just Burgers, Prime, Jim's, etc! The meat is what good burgers are all about. :)

The problem in Thailand is while good beef can be had, it's expensive compared to what we would pay in the States. Probably because the demand for beef here isn't high enough they can achieve economy of scale to bring the price down. So as you surmised, when the price is low, you just know they're not going to be using good quality beef.

• Like 3

On 05/11/2021 at 05:13, axunjaxn said:

What part of America are you from? Mexico has some good burgers. Also Chile but a little spicy. Canada they taste like Maple.

Jack😙 

Actually Canadian donuts sometimes also taste like bacon