Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Just another hard luck story?...

sybarite

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sybarite

• Siam Sam

• The Laird o' Crichie

• THguypattaya

Sounds like you were obsessed with getting justice... That, simply, doesn't, exist, in, Thailand...

Good article, will remind me be alert also although I like the security of a bar fine

If I pick a freelancer up I am always one step ahead of them.

First I give them all the money I have on me ( usually anything up to 20,000 baht ) before we get to my place.

Once in the room I will give them my mobile, camera, ipod etc, this tends to make them relax more especially if they were planning to rob me. I found this technique works as I have never been robbed yet. They often leave as well before I wake up, so I sometimes don't even pay them.

They have to get up early to catch this guy out.

I had stayed 3 nights longer in Bangkok than I intended because of this problem. The hotel in Bangkok was almost 2.5 times the price of the one that I should have been staying in Pattaya (1500 baht versus 600 baht) so I was wasting money.

wow, you have spent all this money, time and energy over a stolen camera and phone?

Sounds like there is more to it than you describe as i can't think of anyone who would go to such lengths over such petty items.

All the best with it but don't let it control you.

wow, you have spent all this money, time and energy over a stolen camera and phone?

Sounds like there is more to it than you describe as i can't think of anyone who would go to such lengths over such petty items.

All the best with it but don't let it control you.

I was the first time that anyone has stolen anything from me. I guess I got a bit obsessional.

Just take it as a lesson learned most girls don't steal. Now you know why some hotels insist on geting the girls info to prevent this from happening. Good look and don't let this ruine you time left in thailand.

Anyone who's been going there for 5 years or more and who drinks has been rumped. If someone tells you different it means they don't like to admit it.

I've had taxi drivers run off with my bags...... i'm assuming he was after my discman. I went to the police station and of course they were no help. They offered to give my a ride to my hotel but halfway through they told me to get out becuase they weren't going in that direction. So now i was stranded on the side of the highway coming back from the border. This al happened in Had Yai. Nothing like being stranded on the side of the highway at 1 am in thailand. luckely a very nice thai man gave me a ride back to my hotel on his motorbike. i offered money but he wouldn't take it.

Anyone who's been going there for 5 years or more and who drinks has been rumped. If someone tells you different it means they don't like to admit it.

What a crock of shit. I have been going there a lot longer than that, drink regularly and have never been 'rumped' and i would gladly admit it if I had

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Unreal stories lads!

But at the end of the day! we are visitors in their country and basically the way police and thai's feel about farang is they fucking hates us!

Would u like say.. chinese guys who landed in big jumbo jets in dublin/heathrow airport etc. every day and come here with piles of money and fuck our women!!!

NO......

Fucking the women we could only dream of been with! they hate us...

As for the orginally story sorry to hear of your loss, but bro u hit the nail on the head when u said u didnt ask her to leave her ID at the deask and the norm is then before they leave u get the phone call is everything ok before they leave the building

" To the brave, nothing is impossible"

• 8 months later...

Good to know the police actually take things like this seriously, I wonder what woudl happen to her if she was found guilty.