IGNORED

Jontiem Sea food restaurants

donaldente

A few years ago I went to  really great Seafood restaurant in Jontiem.  It was about a kilometer past where the baht busses stop along the beach.  Also, it was opened air with a roof and open on several sides.

Would any know this restaurant and know if it is open.  I need a really quick answer on this, I am hoping to go there tomorrow evening.

11 minutes ago, donaldente said:

A few years ago I went to  really great Seafood restaurant in Jontiem.  It was about a kilometer past where the baht busses stop along the beach.  Also, it was opened air with a roof and open on several sides.

Would any know this restaurant and know if it is open.  I need a really quick answer on this, I am hoping to go there tomorrow evening.

There 2-3 open at the far end of the beach. Go past the traffic light at Chaiyapruek Rd, and then follow your nose until you get nearly to the end of the beach where you must turn left. There you will see them...good eating.

image.thumb.jpeg.6a0cfe3237ea6d4b8494f9d259dc5a62.jpeg

Maybe this one, Blue Crab

Yes, Blue Crab is the one.  How far down the beach from the end of the baht bus rout is it?  How is the best way for a old fat person to get to it?

19 minutes ago, donaldente said:

Yes, Blue Crab is the one.  How far down the beach from the end of the baht bus rout is it?  How is the best way for a old fat person to get to it?

The Blue Crab one is named Poo Pen.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pupen+Seafood/@12.8615304,100.895723,19.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102940477d1dee9:0x74db886f251470ae!8m2!3d12.861438!4d100.895524

There is another one close by on the corner as the road ends, which is Loong Sawai.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ลุงไสว+ซีฟูด/@12.8605695,100.8961177,19.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x310295eda699628d:0xaf4a0b4f13c32935!8m2!3d12.8603626!4d100.8960235

Both are popular, especially at the weekends.

Best bet is to just ask a baht bus how much?

There always seems to be more baht buses heading back towards Jomtien, so it should be just be a matter of waiting, and then jumping in the back for 10 baht each, when coming back.

Edited by Leo_Bia

18 minutes ago, donaldente said:

How is the best way for a old fat person to get to it?

Bolt Taxi - very good value. 

I really appreciate all the help.  Went there 2 days ago and the food was delicious.

At the of the line just gave the baht bus driver a little extra to take me a little further.

Edited by donaldente
Added last line
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, donaldente said:

At the of the line just gave the baht bus driver a little extra to take me a little further.

And no probs coming back?

My girl took his telephone number and called him when we were reedy to leave.  He took us to Soi 8.  Gave him 200 baht.

Suspect BOLT would have been cheaper-and more comfortable. 

There is a new seafood place just opened down from Poo Pen, big outdoor place, been mooned last few nights, missus going tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pupen's has been getting some poor reviews on Google recently. To tell the truth, we were a little disappointed on our most recent visit. Complaints seem to center on the following:

• Quality of the food is off
  • Service is very slow
  • Staff is discourteous

Many of these reviews are from Thai people. You can tell this as Google translates said reviews.

We want to hit a Na Jomtien seaside restaurant for Loy Krathong (only Na Jomtien allows the kites). We will likely give Lung Sawai a try.

On 27/10/2021 at 12:42, Leo_Bia said:

There is another one close by on the corner as the road ends, which is Loong Sawai.

Missus went last week with 4 other Thais, all were well disappointed with food, service and value for money.

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

We want to hit a Na Jomtien seaside restaurant for Loy Krathong (only Na Jomtien allows the kites). We will likely give Lung Sawai a try.

Loong Sawai is only yards away from Poo Pen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 14:04, jimboh said:

Missus went last week with 4 other Thais, all were well disappointed with food, service and value for money.

And we agree as well. Loong Sawai was disappointing, we will likely return to Pupen's next time.

Loong Sawai does have a special place in our history (GF and I). About 6 years ago, she took me there in order to hint at that she liked me better than a friend. She probably took me there instead of Pupen's, so there was a lesser chance that we would be observed. :)

I am sure over the first year she was having some degree of internal consternation figuring out what her and I were  about. I know I was. :)

• Haha 1

Down that way, on second road Jomtiem, there is a big buffet place. open air shed style. Think its 359 or 399, not sure but missus saying that some friends went there and said the seafood was good, so will have to take her soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

And we agree as well. Loong Sawai was disappointing, we will likely return to Pupen's next time.

ive eaten at Pupen but always wanted to try the 'other' one. I guess places like these with competition just a short walk away will have their food and services go up and down over time ; depending on the current kitchen and wait staff. Will still try it and hope I get a good meal.

Isnt the view better at Loong Sawai? At least you dont have a street between you and the beach/sea.

Please remember to like and subscribe.

On 21/11/2021 at 10:15, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Isnt the view better at Loong Sawai? At least you dont have a street between you and the beach/sea.

That is arguable. Yes, no street makes it better, but being down near the end of the area restricts the view somewhat.

• Thanks 1