Jump to content

Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Live Youtube | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls On Tour YouTube | Pattaya Girls on Tour Facebook | Pattaya Girls on Tour YouTube 2 | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Considering iPhone 13


James Daniels
 Share

Recommended Posts

My phone is about three years old, and I want to upgrade. Does anybody hear have experience with the new iPhone 13? And if so can you share your thoughts. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the iPhone 13 Pro. It's a great phone with a great design. It finally has a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate for the screen, bigger battery to almost get me through the day, great camera, and takes the best videos. You'll get 6 years of security updates if you plan on keeping it long term.

As great as it is to look at, I hate holding it due to the flat edges. Hate the lightning cable since everything else I have uses USB-C. Not a fan of the UI as Andriod devices, especially Samsung, simply have features that are better for large phones. Not really a difference between this and the iPhone 12 and just a tiny step up from the iPhone 11 though since your current phone is 3 years ago, maybe start with the 12 if you are open to used phones.

Google's Pixel 6 just came out. The review embargo was lifted today, so there are reviews flooding now. 1st impressions are it just might be the best phone on the market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Kickoff said:

I have the iPhone 13 Pro. It's a great phone with a great design. It finally has a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate for the screen, bigger battery to almost get me through the day, great camera, and takes the best videos. You'll get 6 years of security updates if you plan on keeping it long term.

As great as it is to look at, I hate holding it due to the flat edges. Hate the lightning cable since everything else I have uses USB-C. Not a fan of the UI as Andriod devices, especially Samsung, simply have features that are better for large phones. Not really a difference between this and the iPhone 12 and just a tiny step up from the iPhone 11 though since your current phone is 3 years ago, maybe start with the 12 if you are open to used phones.

Google's Pixel 6 just came out. The review embargo was lifted today, so there are reviews flooding now. 1st impressions are it just might be the best phone on the market.

Thank you very much. That’s very helpful. I’m wondering if it feels better with protective case ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, James Daniels said:

Thank you very much. That’s very helpful. I’m wondering if it feels better with protective case ???

IMO this is subjective. You should go to your local mobile store & try holding the phone. There are others who feel it's easier to hold due to its bulk, but to me this just comes down to if you mostly do 1 handed usage or 2 handed.

If you have your heart set on this phone, just get it. 55

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've the XS max so I've been looking forward to the 13's upgrades in the camera, I take all my pics on my phone while my 2 Fuji's collect dust. :wink:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/10/2021 at 22:50, James Daniels said:

My phone is about three years old, and I want to upgrade. Does anybody hear have experience with the new iPhone 13? And if so can you share your thoughts. Thank you. 

Read a good review somewhere yesterday on the new Google made android phone that might give you comparisons at least.

I don't have the link, but it would be readily available. 

Pattaya Time Line - Corona Virus Situation - (Updated 3 December 2021)

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I upgraded from an X to a 13Pro max. I put it in   Raptic case, which is a change for me from Otter box. Only drawback with the case is it’s not MagSafe compatible, but I didn’t need any new chargers and my old Anker wireless charger works fine with it. I like the phone, I’m still finding new things I can do with it. You can use the camera to copy and paste a phone number from print to the phone’s keypad. Or, to copy text to put into whatever app you want it to be in.  I’ve used that a lot.  Transferring from the X was easy, just hit a couple buttons and leave them next to each other.  Cue Android user, “I could do that in 1978!”

Here’s the case I got for it. It has a clear back and you can get one with sides that match the color of your phone.

35987701-3509-4423-A219-6186BC55C3FD.thumb.jpeg.ccaf3854eb46a5cb64c9433f9b3e5547.jpeg

  • Like 2

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

 

Winston Churchill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

Read a good review somewhere yesterday on the new Google made android phone that might give you comparisons at least.

I don't have the link, but it would be readily available. 

Based on the previous response I am intrigued about that phone. I want to see that review. I wonder how difficult it would be to learn when one has been using the iPhone for so long?  Thanks for your message

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kickoff said:

IMO this is subjective. You should go to your local mobile store & try holding the phone. There are others who feel it's easier to hold due to its bulk, but to me this just comes down to if you mostly do 1 handed usage or 2 handed.

If you have your heart set on this phone, just get it. 55

You are right. It is subjective. And I will get the phone in my hand. I want to do it in the next couple weeks but I will wait for some reviews. Not super urgent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, forqalso said:

I upgraded from an X to a 13Pro max. I put it in   Raptic case, which is a change for me from Otter box. Only drawback with the case is it’s not MagSafe compatible, but I didn’t need any new chargers and my old Anker wireless charger works fine with it. I like the phone, I’m still finding new things I can do with it. You can use the camera to copy and paste a phone number from print to the phone’s keypad. Or, to copy text to put into whatever app you want it to be in.  I’ve used that a lot.  Transferring from the X was easy, just hit a couple buttons and leave them next to each other.  Cue Android user, “I could do that in 1978!”

Here’s the case I got for it. It has a clear back and you can get one with sides that match the color of your phone.

35987701-3509-4423-A219-6186BC55C3FD.thumb.jpeg.ccaf3854eb46a5cb64c9433f9b3e5547.jpeg

Thanks for that. I have to absorb that a bit more. The first half of your post seems a little complicated for me. But maybe it’s not as complicated as it initially sounded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, James Daniels said:

Thanks for that. I have to absorb that a bit more. The first half of your post seems a little complicated for me. But maybe it’s not as complicated as it initially sounded. 

Do you mean the part about the MagSafe charger? If so, it’s just a charger that sticks to the back of the phone magnetically, and you’ll need a compatible case if you plan to use this feature. (Or no case at all)

Edited by forqalso

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

 

Winston Churchill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, forqalso said:

Do you mean the part about the MagSafe charger? If so, it’s just a charger that sticks to the back of the phone magnetically, and you’ll need a compatible case if you plan to use this feature. 

Ohhhhh. I understand now. So as long as I get the right case that feature should be great. Thank you again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, James Daniels said:

Based on the previous response I am intrigued about that phone. I want to see that review. I wonder how difficult it would be to learn when one has been using the iPhone for so long?  Thanks for your message

How deep are you into the Apple eco sphere? Do you have the watch & Air pods?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tapaz1976 said:

After quite some years of the mongering path I can count down the days again until I'm back in Pattaya. 36 days till wheels up and will see what will be open in December but  plan to shag myself silly with a lot of bargirls so will be a great trip regardless if all bars are open.

Any board members in town? Have not met anybody on my trips back in 2005-2009 (last time I was in Pattaya) and now I'm back on the board feel it would be fun to meet some likeminded chaps for a drink when in town.

I have AirPods, MacBook, iPhone. I was actually considering the watch. But retirement and a watch don’t seem compatible to me. Lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, James Daniels said:

I have AirPods, MacBook, iPhone. I was actually considering the watch. But retirement and a watch don’t seem compatible to me. Lol. 

Not getting your quote of my announcement of being back in town for the first time in 10 years in this thread about iPhones 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tapaz1976 said:

Not getting your quote of my announcement of being back in town for the first time in 10 years in this thread about iPhones 😆

Sorry. My bad. Put reply in wrong box. It must be 1am. 🤒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Kickoff said:

How deep are you into the Apple eco sphere? Do you have the watch & Air pods?

I have AirPods, MacBook, iPhone, but not the watch. I am considering the watch, but I don’t feel retirement and a watch go together…lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kickoff said:

How deep are you into the Apple eco sphere? Do you have the watch & Air pods?

 

13 hours ago, Petesie said:

I've the XS max so I've been looking forward to the 13's upgrades in the camera, I take all my pics on my phone while my 2 Fuji's collect dust. :wink:

Please let me know when you get the upgrades in the camera. I’ll be interested to hear about the quality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, James Daniels said:

I have AirPods, MacBook, iPhone, but not the watch. I am considering the watch, but I don’t feel retirement and a watch go together…lol

I don't see a reason to switch to an Android then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/10/2021 at 04:50, James Daniels said:

My phone is about three years old, and I want to upgrade. Does anybody hear have experience with the new iPhone 13? And if so can you share your thoughts. Thank you. 

I got my new iPhone 13 the day it was released.  It's the best phone I ever had, and I've had many, many cell phones over the years starting in 1985.  I've had virtually every brand, and every configuration ranging from my first one that was a huge box installed under the seat in my new car to the latest iPhone 13.

The reason I chose this model of the 13 family is that it has the longest battery life.....19 hours.  What a difference that makes. 

Highly recommended.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, James Daniels said:

Based on the previous response I am intrigued about that phone. I want to see that review. I wonder how difficult it would be to learn when one has been using the iPhone for so long?  Thanks for your message

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/2/22605094/google-pixel-6-pro-tensor-processor-specs-ai-ml

 

Edited by Zeb

Pattaya Time Line - Corona Virus Situation - (Updated 3 December 2021)

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, James Daniels said:

I have AirPods, MacBook, iPhone, but not the watch. I am considering the watch, but I don’t feel retirement and a watch go together…lol

When I bought the Apple Watch, I said, “I don’t know if I need, but I know I want it.” I got the original model a few years back and since I was still working in the refinery, I got the more expensive one with the stainless steel case and more durable screen.  Years of wearing it every day in that harsh work environment, and not a scratch. I didn’t get the cellular model, but I can text and call from the watch if I’m here my phone. That’s good enough.

 
I had it on in Pattaya, walking somewhere while using the map on my phone.  As I approached a corner, the watch vibrated and made a “click clock” sound like a car’s turn signal.  I looked at the watch and there was a arrow saying to turn left ahead 50 meters. I liked that. No need to pull out the phone to check directions. You can click the shutter on your phone’s camera or start it video recording from your watch. Lastly, I use it as my debit card, daily. Touch less payments are more secure than sliding a card, as your card number is never transmitted to the card reader, a different one-time use number goes to the store’s bank and to yours, after that transaction the number is unusable. 

I ordered the new model, only for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” feature.  I’m retired, so I think I’ll be ok with the low end model with its aluminum case.

  • Like 2

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

 

Winston Churchill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, forqalso said:

When I bought the Apple Watch, I said, “I don’t know if I need, but I know I want it.” I got the original model a few years back and since I was still working in the refinery, I got the more expensive one with the stainless steel case and more durable screen.  Years of wearing it every day in that harsh work environment, and not a scratch. I didn’t get the cellular model, but I can text and call from the watch if I’m here my phone. That’s good enough.

 
I had it on in Pattaya, walking somewhere while using the map on my phone.  As I approached a corner, the watch vibrated and made a “click clock” sound like a car’s turn signal.  I looked at the watch and there was a arrow saying to turn left ahead 50 meters. I liked that. No need to pull out the phone to check directions. You can click the shutter on your phone’s camera or start it video recording from your watch. Lastly, I use it as my debit card, daily. Touch less payments are more secure than sliding a card, as your card number is never transmitted to the card reader, a different one-time use number goes to the store’s bank and to yours, after that transaction the number is unusable. 

I ordered the new model, only for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” feature.  I’m retired, so I think I’ll be ok with the low end model with its aluminum case.

That’s actually great information. Thanks for sharing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swtched From Apple to Samsung products when the S5 came out.  The camera and pics always were leaps ahead of an iPhone.  My wife who is also a lifelong Samsung user just bought her first iPhone 13 Pro Max.  The picture quality is on par with Samsung.  I dont know all the features in an iPhone but I have to upgrade also and after putting her iPhone in my hands and feeling how solid the phone feels I'm probably going to switch.  Plus the Samsung Note 20 was 200 more than the iphone.  Only drawback is iphone is not expandable with a SD card like the note which can go up to 1 tb.  It would not let us trf the data from her existing samsung phone to the iphone 13 until we took the SD card out where all her photos were stored.  Then it took less than 5 min to trf her apps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, forqalso said:

I ordered the new model, only for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” feature.  I’m retired, so I think I’ll be ok with the low end model with its aluminum case.

All great reasons to get any smart watch really. Both the Apple watch 5 and above (currently on series 7) and the Samsung watch 3 & 4 are feature packed although the Apple watch series 7 is barely an upgrade over the series 6 aside from 1mm bigger screen, faster charging (worth it), thicker glass, but on backorder. As for Samsung, the current Samsung watch 4 is, IMO, the best watch on the market given just how easy to use it is & how feature packed it is.
 

6 hours ago, bigmac9899 said:

I swtched From Apple to Samsung products when the S5 came out.  The camera and pics always were leaps ahead of an iPhone.  My wife who is also a lifelong Samsung user just bought her first iPhone 13 Pro Max.  The picture quality is on par with Samsung.  I dont know all the features in an iPhone but I have to upgrade also and after putting her iPhone in my hands and feeling how solid the phone feels I'm probably going to switch.  Plus the Samsung Note 20 was 200 more than the iphone.  Only drawback is iphone is not expandable with a SD card like the note which can go up to 1 tb.  It would not let us trf the data from her existing samsung phone to the iphone 13 until we took the SD card out where all her photos were stored.  Then it took less than 5 min to trf her apps.

The newer Samsung phones do not have expandable storage. I have since moved onto the Fold 3 and believe it to be the best phone on the market. In terms of value, the base iPhone 13 and the about to be released Pixel 6 look great! If you're in the US and are likely to take advantage of Google's AI, the Pixel 6 just might be it.

Edited by Kickoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.