Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Will it work

Ipso

Hi all. I use a fire stick over here that I get a lot of extras on ,eg all films sports music and tons more stuff.it works on wifi, if I brought it over what are the chances of it working in the hotel room. Would it be a problem, I'll just say before I get slated ,I don't plan to be in my room much . But will have some rest and chilling time,

4 hours ago, Ipso said:

Hi all. I use a fire stick over here that I get a lot of extras on ,eg all films sports music and tons more stuff.it works on wifi, if I brought it over what are the chances of it working in the hotel room. Would it be a problem, I'll just say before I get slated ,I don't plan to be in my room much . But will have some rest and chilling time,

As other mention it will depended on the WIFI.

Or cant you hot spot your phone.

2 hours ago, march2014 said:

Will probably work with a vpn

Teck is not my suit 

i lived in centara avenue that has Wi-Fi for all however  Most owners have there own separate internet package.

I purchased a VPN to use on the shares Wi-Fi and it did not work.

While getting tech help for my situation via remote PC access from the company.

It was explain to me the hotel/condo Wi-Fi blocks the VPN and reroutes there own.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

If you got a good vpn it will work, no vpn and it will buffer especially using wifi most hotels I’ve stayed in the internet is crap, maybe buy internet for the month and hot spot from phone, usually good signal hot spotting.

• Like 2

Who even bothers using crappy hotel wifi?  Just get unlimited data on your cell.  Hotspot your cell to whatever you need. 

Edited by Arnie85

15 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Who even bothers using crappy hotel wifi?  Just get unlimited data on your cell.  Hotspot your cell to whatever you need. 

What Thai providers do you recommend for getting unlimited data on your cell and where to order?

11 hours ago, Ipso said:

We'll work with no problem provided you have fast enough internet at the hotel

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks for the advice the fire stick has a VPN on it ,but I never thought about using my phone as a hotspot ,great to know cheers.

5 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Me

53 minutes ago, bangna said:

Me

and me

I took a trip around all of Thailand a couple of years ago and stayed in 20 or more hotels and it worked fine in all but one or 2 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I have the same sort of question, but I am bringing an Apple TV.

My Firestick has worked for me on prior trips - getting it dusted off and ready for another trip soon. Maybe I've been lucky, but my hotel wifi has always been more than adequate, and I have been able to find an HDMI port on the TV (even if I had to unplug another one).

I loaded a VPN to my Firestick, so that I can watch ESPN+, HBOMax, Disney+, etc., which my be geo-blocked if/when the Firestick picks up your location. My ESPN/Disney subscriptions expired, so I need to sign up again.

I may do the same with Netflix, which I understand will pick up Thai language movies while in Thailand (assuming I deactivate the VPN).

I have some jailbroken apps that allow me to get USA TV broadcasts, which is crucial to my mental well being! 555