IGNORED

Best Pan style pizza in Pattaya

simplebro

Hand tossed or thin crust pizza is also good but my top splurge is pan style pizza, also called Chicago or deep dish pizza.

I went to Pizza Company recently and their Pan pizza was great. Pizza Hut also used to have a pan pizza but has closed. Dominoes doesn't have it, I don't think.

There are a lot of smaller places out there so I wanted to ask any other deep dish lovers where you've gone and found quality thick crust pizza.  Bronx and NY Pizza on 3rd rd are both thin crust, at least from my experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to threadfuck right away, but pan style pizza is NOT Chicago style.

Pan is much easier to eat. Chicago style is a MESS if you don't have a knife and fork.

With that out of the way, I DO like pan pizza and am following with interest. All of the top pizza places I am aware of in Pattaya serve NY style/thin crust.

FWIW, I had Detroit style recently and REALLY liked it!

Photo of Chicago style:

57545651[1].jpg

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Photo of Chicago style:

Is that origin of the term  ‘pie’ when referring to pizza came from because it sure resembles one. 

51 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Is that origin of the term  ‘pie’ when referring to pizza came from because it sure resembles one. 

Chicago pizza is officially called Deep Dish Pizza, and it was created by UNO’s more than 75 years ago.  I still remember eating my first pizza there over 60 years ago.  It was heaven in a metal pan, and a party in my mouth.  It's not something you eat every day, but it's a great way to celebrate a special occasion every now and then.

https://www.unos.com

https://ship.unos.com

Edited by vivid2

I remember eating a pizza in PIZZA PAI CHICAGO in Paris, near the "CHAMPS ELYSEES" for some years

Many ppl inside, had to wait at the bar b4 a table was free

The pizza cooked had a 5 cm high pasta ... not bad but not really my taste

But I think its like when you go to Italie ... I eat only 1 time a pizza there, not same as in France

And there are less Pizzeria than in France :)

I try to eat local as this is usually the best cooked with best local products

But more and more they are some franchise / chaine restaurant serving same plate everywhere

with high prices and poor taste / flavour, with a theme / concept

Used to love Pizza Hut Deep Pan pizzas. The one on the Strand in London is still there… been there since mid 80’s at least. Always took a g/f there as a treat. As i got older and more sophisticated (allegedly), the thin crust Neapolitan style is the best. The Holiday Inn around Soi 3 Beach Rd had a massive pizza oven in the middle of the outdoor bar which did really great Pizza’s back in the day. Is that still a goer?

Edited by Somchai1