IGNORED

Food Court Pattaya Klang Closed, where have the vendors gone?

Those were almost all seafood places.  I only ate there a couple times and thought it was a bit expensive myself but then again...seafood, so maybe not too bad.  Oh well.  

I really hope that this place is only getting refreshed and not torn down. For about 10 years, while staying at the March hotel I frequent. Several of the shops. As you enter from Pattaya Klang one of the shops on the right sold a simple roast pork meal with rice and soup. Only 60 bhat. Excellent when my stomach was rumbling after too much drinking and spicy food. I'll sure miss that place

I'm as gutted as the building to see this.  I've been going to this food court since my first trip.  

It was always a treat - you'd sit down and be presented with 2+ sloppy, haphazard menus with varying degrees of clarity, pictures of food, oddly translated items, etc.  It didn't matter what menu you used, because generally all the stalls could make you anything on the menu.  

The location was great for anyone at April / March / May / August hotels.  I ate at one of the restaurants inside on countless days in Pattaya.

I mused in my 2016 trip report that the Pattaya scene might not exist in 10 years.. perhaps not even 5.  I didn't realize how prophetic that would turn out to be.

Really hoping this place, or some similar incarnation, comes back.  I can never have enough inexpensive Thai food.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

9 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

I stopped going there as it was full of Chinese groups 

I dont think the full bus groups stops there , its mostly smaller groups or couples/familes that go for the mango pudding stall .... the stall is pretty famous in china after many youtube reviews.

Pity you let that stopped you from eating inside. You've gotta try everything at least once

1 hour ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

I dont think the full bus groups stops there , its mostly smaller groups or couples/familes that go for the mango pudding stall .... the stall is pretty famous in china after many youtube reviews.

Pity you let that stopped you from eating inside. You've gotta try everything at least once

I ate there before from time to time

As I said I stopped when I noticed the place was inundated with Chinese

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

One massage lady in the area told me MAE WILAI is being renovated and will remain a foodcourt. Hope this is true. And Leng Kee is no alternative. Lower quality and to be honest, 250 baht for fried rice gung, pad khrapao gai and a bottle of still water is too expensive. Their seafood platters are good but i'd rather go to prajanban for that.

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear that.  There was a place toward the back that had a squid dish I really liked.  Thai food is certainly easy to find in Bangkok, but not so much in Pattaya (at least for me).  I spend my life eating American food.  When traveling I like to at least try to eat something different.  

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, baboon said:

was it reopened now?

When I was staying at August Suites in October I noticed it had reopened. I don’t think there was the same number of vendors but you can get food there again. 

• Like 3

There's a huge new street food venue about to open o the wide avenue behind the Marina Bay (?) shopping centre. Did I mention huge?

On 18/12/2022 at 17:57, Dr No said:

When I was staying at August Suites in October I noticed it had reopened. I don’t think there was the same number of vendors but you can get food there again. 

many thanx...i am going to stay at August Suites end of February so hopefully more vendors will reopen...

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s what it currently looks like. I haven’t eaten there yet, was just passing by yesterday. 

C44AB15A-9835-4F22-93FA-B79C467EF28E.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr No said:

Here’s what it currently looks like. I haven’t eaten there yet, was just passing by yesterday. 

C44AB15A-9835-4F22-93FA-B79C467EF28E.jpeg

Dr. no thanks for the reply. If you get chance can you get some pictures or let me know what it is like inside? Thanks in advance 

I was there in October. Here's some photos I took. It's definitely reopened, but it's very strange. It's all set out in wierd low cubicles but only a handful of tables. Only 2 or 3 of the food stalls were actually open. Aum was the first back in the same spot (the lady who had the first booth on the left as you go in). The food was as good/cheap as before though.

IMG_20220911_131022.jpg

IMG_20220911_131046.jpg

IMG_20220911_131104.jpg

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

On 05/01/2023 at 16:15, funky310 said:

I was there in October. Here's some photos I took. It's definitely reopened, but it's very strange. It's all set out in wierd low cubicles but only a handful of tables. Only 2 or 3 of the food stalls were actually open. Aum was the first back in the same spot (the lady who had the first booth on the left as you go in). The food was as good/cheap as before though.

Thanks so much for the photos, lets hope more vendors fill it back up again.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Pretty much back to normal, just seems like a lot less seating now.

GlangFoodCentre.thumb.jpg.424b2c4d34c287c0025c8a8e3644692a.jpg

there are no tables and chairs at all?

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the lads posting pictures. Glad this place is up and running again 

Was in there Feb/Mar less traders but good reasonably priced food

Haven’t been 

On 05/01/2023 at 23:15, funky310 said:

IMG_20220911_131022.jpg

IMG_20220911_131046.jpg

IMG_20220911_131104.jpg

Haven’t been down to Pattaya and had a proper seafood dinner since January. I’m really starting to feel the pull again. 

Nothing better than a Tom Yam with a few beers and a girl