Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food Court Pattaya Klang Closed, where have the vendors gone?

Hi Everyone,

When I stayed at August Suites and every time I go to Pattaya I always eat at the food court a few doors up on Pattaya Klang opposite side to Leng Kee Chinese Restaurant  it served Thai food cooked fresh and at good prices, you would also see Bargirls there as it was good value.

Does anyone know where the vendors went?

https://goo.gl/maps/fMFtUWe8SZ16PC34A

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sdm197 said:

Hi Everyone,

When I stayed at August Suites and every time I go to Pattaya I always eat at the food court a few doors up on Pattaya Klang opposite side to Leng Kee Chinese Restaurant  it served Thai food cooked fresh and at good prices, you would also see Bargirls there as it was good value.

Was never my scene, and I never found it that good, or that reasonable price wise.

Leng Kee restaurant across the street, was a much better option, for me,

1 hour ago, sdm197 said:

Hi Everyone,

Shame if it does not reopen with the same venders was a good spot with decent food at a good price and the milkshakes for 30baht were superb 

Even Tin Cup has had the shutters down for quite some time now....nit noi customers.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Even Tin Cup has had the shutters down for quite some time now....nit noi customers.

Tin Cup has been over-rated for a long time. Ate there first time , wasnt impressed , gave it a 2nd chance and vowed never to return again.

What is has going for it is the location and many ; especially falang tourist eat there coz of it. Many return coz of the memories ... eating before stepping into the wild zone across the street.

Please remember to like and subscribe.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

I thought Tin Cup reopened this past week?

6 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Nope....the noodle shop with the same owner next door is open though.

3 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Tin Cup has been over-rated for a long time. Ate there first time , wasnt impressed , gave it a 2nd chance and vowed never to return again.

What is has going for it is the location and many ; especially falang tourist eat there coz of it. Many return coz of the memories ... eating before stepping into the wild zone across the street.

I don't think it's many tourists eating there, always looks like skint expats whenever I'm walking by, filling their personal water bottles with the free water. I agree with you, the food is not good for my taste and I'm the least pickiest eater you could find.

12 hours ago, petermik said:

8 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Nope....the noodle shop with the same owner next door is open though.

My apologies it IS open...walked past a few minutes ago...certainly wasn’t earlier this week.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

So, this food court has been gutted.

Yup all gone now 

• Sad 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I used to eat at that Food Market a lot back in the late 90s and early 20s.

I think it was called "Maeow Lai" (Striped Cat) or something! 

Delicious Thaifood and drinks and they had Mango Sticky rice for sale at front! 😋

They had very reasonable prices and big servings served by friendly people! 😍

There were several vendors, but I always ate at the last one inside with  kitchen to the left,

and tables and chairs in the middle.

• Like 3

When no money... she no give honey! 

On 27/10/2021 at 03:37, Leo_Bia said:

So, this food court has been gutted.

17 hours ago, ronthebrummie said:

It’ll be back as soon as tourists can return 

rise from the ashes?

On 15/10/2021 at 01:02, sdm197 said:

Hi Everyone,

this place  ?

1690800282_oct26C010(Custom).JPG.ae16dc2823dcb5936605b7cd9f01765b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, plahgat said:

I used to eat at that Food Market a lot back in the late 90s and early 20s.

I think it was called "Maeow Lai" (Striped Cat) or something! 

Delicious Thaifood and drinks and they had Mango Sticky rice for sale at front! 😋

They had very reasonable prices and big servings served by friendly people! 😍

There were several vendors, but I always ate at the last one inside with  kitchen to the left,

and tables and chairs in the middle.

Ate there once , I thought the place was not bad , a little high but still in the reasonable range. Found nothing special to return.

The mango sticky rice got itself a reputation and was featured in quite a few youtube reviews.

Just now, sdm197 said:

Yep, that place, it is obviously not going to re-open.

well it looked liked builders rather than a demolition team. so something is going on. i will keep an eye on what happens

2 hours ago, striderman said:

well it looked liked builders rather than a demolition team. so something is going on. i will keep an eye on what happens

Thank you, that would be most appreciated.

It’s a shame they’ve gone for now, for BM’s that stayed at nearby hotels like August Suites and such it was always a very convenient place to grab a quick meal. Hopefully something similar will reopen in its place. 

• Like 3

I ate at this place every trip and find these local food halls to my tastes. I'd grab some dishes and juices from various vendors and sit and enjoy. Pity it's gone

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/10/2021 at 17:29, striderman said:

Nothing is obvious here. 

Jack

• 2 weeks later...