IGNORED

Conrad Bangkok

BlooBell

Does anyone have any expereince of this hotel they can share?

I'm doing 7 nights in Bangkok at the start of my next trip and fancy somewhere nice. I already have the Sheraton KC Grande booked on a great deal with free cancelation.

However, this popped up as a recommendation and having looked at it, they are doing some awesome looking suites with an outside patio area and executive lounge access for a good price. It's marginally more than the Premier King room I have booked at the Sheraton but as a smoker, the outside patio and seating area appeals and the suite itself looks beautiful. Access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails is also part of the price. 

My main reservation is location. The Sheraton is well-placed for Soi Cowboy and Nana isn't too far. The location of this place doesn't seem ideal. Not sure if you can cut through on to Soi 2 to get to Soi 4?

Any views welcome.

• Like 1

You used to be able to cut through where Annie’s was on Soi 2 through the parking lot past the Raja hotel to Soi 4, but Annie’s and the Mexican restaurant are closed now so there may be some construction there, I’m not sure. I was past there last week but can’t remember.  However, I’ll be able to answer your question next week as I’m going for my second AstraZeneca jab, staying at the Sofitel.

From Soi 2, across the railroad tracks to the Conrad, I have no idea.  I’ve never stayed at the Conrad.  I’ve stayed at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2, which is now the Doubletree.

Retired

33 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

You used to be able to cut through where Annie’s was on Soi 2 through the parking lot past the Raja hotel to Soi 4, but Annie’s and the Mexican restaurant are closed now so there may be some construction there, I’m not sure. I was past there last week but can’t remember.  However, I’ll be able to answer your question next week as I’m going for my second AstraZeneca jab, staying at the Sofitel.

From Soi 2, across the railroad tracks to the Conrad, I have no idea.  I’ve never stayed at the Conrad.  I’ve stayed at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2, which is now the Doubletree.

You were my banker for a bit of info :D

I stayed at the Doubletree on my Feb trip last year. Superb access to Nana using the cut through you’re talking about. No pool at the time but guests could use the rooftop at the Best Westernmost along the road so it was fine. 

Im assuming I can from 2 through to 4, It was a cut through to the street the Conrad is on I was really asking about. I’m doubting it. I think up to Sukhumvit rd and take a right is going to be way to  go. 

I’ll look out for your response next week all the same. 

Cheers

Edited by BlooBell

The Majestic Grande had a pool on the 4th floor, as I recall, but that was 12 years ago.  Sheraton has a great pool if you can navigate the weird shape.

i’ll update this thread with the info next week.  Cheers. 

Retired

Those suites with the patios are on the corners of the building.  Make sure you get one away from the adjacent office towers.  The aircon noise from those towers is horrendous.

• Like 2

There's currently a constrction site in front of (formerly) Annie's massage on Soi 2.  Don't know what's going in there but no passage at this time. I'm having a 'coffee' on Soi Nana. 

IMG_20211019_154646.thumb.jpg.6feb853929e97e4cda2c0c4f3fd3b2dc.jpgIMG_20211019_155120.thumb.jpg.feecc49b31f5962b707b4f37eed7164a.jpg

• Like 2

Retired

Thanks PC.

I don't think there's any short cut through to Soi 2 from the Conrad in any case.

Looks like it's a walk up to Sukhumvit road and take a right or stick with the Sheraton.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, BlooBell said:

Thanks PC.

I don't think there's any short cut through to Soi 2 from the Conrad in any case.

Looks like it's a walk up to Sukhumvit road and take a right or stick with the Sheraton.

Cheers.

Not unless you can cut through Sharma Serviced Apartments

Retired

19 hours ago, BlooBell said:

Thanks PC.

Cheers.

That is correct. I stayed at Conrad for a few nights before, it is about 1 km or 10 - 15 minutes walk to Nana. It is part of All Season Place, so there are some restaurants in there, a 7/11 and a Starbuck's too. Its executive lounge is allright, enclosed, and no view like Hilton Pattaya or Hua Hin's. It is harder to get transportation from this hotel, as it is kind of located inside, you have to walk out to the main street to catch one. It is more modern than Hilton Sukhumvit or Millennium in Bangkok, but its service is not comparable to the Hilton Sukhumvit, and i also like the location of the Hilton Sukhumvit more. It is no mean a bad place to stay, as I did enjoy my stay there. But for Bangkok, I don't think I would come back, as there are quite a few better one for the same money there.

11 minutes ago, h.harris said:

That is correct. I stayed at Conrad for a few nights before, it is about 1 km or 10 - 15 minutes walk to Nana. It is part of All Season Place, so there are some restaurants in there, a 7/11 and a Starbuck's too. Its executive lounge is allright, enclosed, and no view like Hilton Pattaya or Hua Hin's. It is harder to get transportation from this hotel, as it is kind of located inside, you have to walk out to the main street to catch one. It is more modern than Hilton Sukhumvit or Millennium in Bangkok, but its service is not comparable to the Hilton Sukhumvit, and i also like the location of the Hilton Sukhumvit more. It is no mean a bad place to stay, as I did enjoy my stay there. But for Bangkok, I don't think I would come back, as there are quite a few better one for the same money there.

Thanks.

That's useful.

I'll need to decide if getting a suite, having the terrace and lounge access off-sets the location.

• 8 months later...

Conrad is a decent place, usually they have some good sales going on, and if you can snag one of their terrace suite durng a sale, you're golden, at a price 4K thb (on sale) its a steal imo. Problem is there are only 4 of those. Two issues with the hotel imo, the quality of the food is not that great, and 2 yes it s far from everything. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

it s far from everything. 

It's an 850m walk to, or 3-5 minutes in a taxi back from Nana Plaza.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2022 at 04:18, daniel said:

Conrad is a decent place, usually they have some good sales going on, and if you can snag one of their terrace suite durng a sale, you're golden, at a price 4K thb (on sale) its a steal imo. Problem is there are only 4 of those. Two issues with the hotel imo, the quality of the food is not that great, and 2 yes it s far from everything. 

It Conrad Bangkok guest friendly ? 

49 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

It Conrad Bangkok guest friendly ? 

Yes

• Thanks 1