Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

EVA - cancellation of flights from USA to BKK

Luv2Phuket

7 hours ago, duke main said:

I'm scheduled on EVA mid Dec BKK/LAX. It looks like they haven't officially cancelled yet but they're not selling seats so I guess that route is in limbo for Dec. Hopefully they won't take too long to make a final determination so I can make other plans.

If I were you, I would get cracking on a back-up flight.

I think they cancelled all through a date certain, perhaps November 30 or December 1?

In any event, it resulted in a shit-ton of calls to EVA. Their recorded message was "All representatives are busy. Please call back later." 5555

58 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Thats the route I have taken the last 5 trips, only downside is the return flight leaves early out of Bangkok.

That's the JAL flight that leaves at like 8:40 a.m., right?

That's a brutal flight time. 

3 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

That's the JAL flight that leaves at like 8:40 a.m., right?

That's a brutal flight time. 

Yes, nothing like having to be at the airport around 6 am

Edited by Roadglide

25 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Yes, nothing like having to be at the airport around 6 am

The alternative is a 10 p.m. departure that gets in at 5:40 a.m.

THAT'S my current "back-up," but about to cancel it. It connects to a 12:40 p.m. flight.

That's a lot of time to spend in a pretty dead Haneda airport.

25 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

The alternative is a 10 p.m. departure that gets in at 5:40 a.m.

THAT'S my current "back-up," but about to cancel it. It connects to a 12:40 p.m. flight.

That's a lot of time to spend in a pretty dead Haneda airport.

Make sure you don't have to change airports...I had to transit from Narita to Haneda once...NOT a very fun connection

3 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Make sure you don't have to change airports...I had to transit from Narita to Haneda once...NOT a very fun connection

I make sure I do not have to do that -- when I was faced with that on a prior flight, the airline basically said I was on my own to get from one to the other.

• Like 2

I just got an email from Singapore Air saying their SFO to HKG route will resume on November 2.

Positive to see routes to Asia opening (rather than closing), but, in the grand scheme of things, I think it does little for BMs, as Singapore doesn't fly non-stop from HKG to BKK (or Phuket)

51 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Positive to see routes to Asia opening (rather than closing), but, in the grand scheme of things, I think it does little for BMs, as Singapore doesn't fly non-stop from HKG to BKK (or Phuket)

My plan was to fly from SFO to Singapore, spend a few days there, and then move on to BKK/Pattaya. Not sure if the Singapore to Bangkok flight is operating at this time.

22 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

My plan was to fly from SFO to Singapore, spend a few days there, and then move on to BKK/Pattaya. Not sure if the Singapore to Bangkok flight is operating at this time.

A friend of mine recently did Singapore to Phuket. So my guess is that they will also fly to BKK.

18 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

I think your bigger problem is getting into Singapore for "a few days."

I don't think they are open to tourists yet. Photos on the Phuket Sandbox in FB show transit passengers being directed to a "holding area" between flights.

1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

50 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I think your bigger problem is getting into Singapore for "a few days."

I don't think they are open to tourists yet. Photos on the Phuket Sandbox in FB show transit passengers being directed to a "holding area" between flights.

Hope you are a Singapore citizen, and will do their quarantine.... otherwise you are not "getting in" to Singapore...  They are closed to foreigners, and their cases are currently spiking...

Then you can do the Thailand quarantine when you get there too...

On 29/09/2021 at 14:20, Roadglide said:

Damn...that just kills one of the better routes from the West coast of the USA.  As much as I used to fly Cathay Pacific, with the changes that the Chinese Communist govt. has made in Hong Kong, I personally will no longer transit Hong Kong.

Yea, same here.  What a shame that they ruined one of the worlds best airlines.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is a UAL pilot and he's been flying in and out of TPE on a regular basis. I'll ask him next time I talk to him what the passenger loads are like. I'm assuming very light. They must be doing it to maintain the authorization to fly the route in better times. Looking on Kayak it seem EVA, UAL and China Airlines are all maintaining a presence on TPE/SFO but none of them are doing TPE/LAX. That doesn't make sense to me.

On 03/10/2021 at 02:10, duke main said:

A friend of mine is a UAL pilot and he's been flying in and out of TPE on a regular basis. I'll ask him next time I talk to him what the passenger loads are like. I'm assuming very light. They must be doing it to maintain the authorization to fly the route in better times. Looking on Kayak it seem EVA, UAL and China Airlines are all maintaining a presence on TPE/SFO but none of them are doing TPE/LAX. That doesn't make sense to me.

https://infopages.traveldoc.aero/Information/Coronavirus

Transfer/transit thru Taipei is suspended until further notice...

That doesn't stop the airlines from selling you a tkt though...  YMMV...

On 29/09/2021 at 17:26, joe_momma said:

It looks like EVA has cancelled all flights (SFO-BKK) until Jan 2, 2022.

This does not bode well for folks in the USA - that still leaves Cathay, but those were the two that had great routes with minimal layovers.

image.png

Doubtful... The Chinese gov has caused Cathay to fire 496 of their pilots, not allowing them to obtain work permits...

Gonna be extra hard to staff their flights to/from HK...

https://simpleflying.com/cathay-international-pilots-hong-kong/

1 hour ago, Saddic said:

https://infopages.traveldoc.aero/Information/Coronavirus

Transfer/transit thru Taipei is suspended until further notice...

That doesn't stop the airlines from selling you a tkt though...  YMMV...

Yes I'm aware of the TPE transit suspension. That's why I was surprised that he's actually flying the SFO/TPE route. When I chatted with him he had just returned from TPE (last Sunday).

1 hour ago, duke main said:

Yes I'm aware of the TPE transit suspension. That's why I was surprised that he's actually flying the SFO/TPE route. When I chatted with him he had just returned from TPE (last Sunday).

Is your pilot friend flying an air freighter?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I imagine most commercial aircraft are carrying quite a bit of freight, but, keep in mind, it is not forbidden to travel to Taipei; just to transit through the airport.

No firsthand knowledge, but I assume with quarantine protocols, etc., there are still people flying into/out of Taiwan.

8 hours ago, likeaking said:

Is your pilot friend flying an air freighter?

No, passengers. I'm sure there's some freight, but he flies for United Airlines.

15 hours ago, duke main said:

No, passengers. I'm sure there's some freight, but he flies for United Airlines.

He said last week TPE > SFO he carried about 100 passengers and 96,000 lbs of cargo in the belly (777-300).

• 2 months later...

There is a FB EVA sale post out there...  The EVA rep finally responded they don't believe TPE will open for transit till after Feb...  (Which sucks for me)...  Buyer beware...  If you buy anything which transits through Taipei before they open, the airline won't have any choice but to cancel/reschedule the flight down the road... and no guarantee it will fly even then... Good luck...

2 minutes ago, Saddic said:

There is a FB EVA sale post out there...  The EVA rep finally responded they don't believe TPE will open for transit till after Feb...  (Which sucks for me)...  Buyer beware...  If you buy anything which transits through Taipei before they open, the airline won't have any choice but to cancel/reschedule the flight down the road... and no guarantee it will fly even then... Good luck...

Crap! I have a bunch of EVA miles and was hoping I might be able to cash some out for a February trip. 

• 2 months later...

You can purchase EVA ticket from US to BKK for flight starting May 1, 2022. Does anyone know if Taiwan officially let transit through its airport yet ?

11 minutes ago, h.harris said:

You can purchase EVA ticket from US to BKK for flight starting May 1, 2022. Does anyone know if Taiwan officially let transit through its airport yet ?

Curious about that myself, as I am waitlisted on an award flight in June