Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where can I sell my iPhone?

masterslayer169

Im gonna buy the new iPhone next week, and the buy-back prices from stores is pretty bad. Also, I'll have to give the phone as I'm buying the new phone, which I don't like to do. I have to set up the new phone and make sure I have all the data I need before reformatting and selling the old phone. 

Is there any shop I can sell my old iPhone? (Not looking to deal with people in marketplaces such as Facebook.)

Why upgrade your phone just for the sake of upgrading it? What’s wrong with your current phone?   What model is it?  If it’s more than a couple years old it’s worth nothing anyway. 

Edited by Arnie85

iphones keep their value surprisingly well... where are you OP? pattaya? india? somewhere else? 

in general, if you sell it to a shop or on a platform that does mass-buybacks, you will get much less than if you do it in person. they need to keep a good margin and have always the risk of asymetric information (you know if there's something wrong and hidden with your phone, they don't know it yet...). 

so sell it in person (via an online market place) or accept that you'll get less money, but of course save on hassle and time. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

20 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Why upgrade your phone just for the sake of upgrading it? What’s wrong with your current phone?   What model is it?  If it’s more than a couple years old it’s worth nothing anyway. 

Hi, yes I know I dont need to upgrade, but I want to do it anyway. Last year I got a smaller screened iPhone and realised I like the bigger screen more. So I want to upgrade it this year again. 

19 hours ago, petehoax said:

iphones keep their value surprisingly well... where are you OP? pattaya? india? somewhere else? 

in general, if you sell it to a shop or on a platform that does mass-buybacks, you will get much less than if you do it in person. they need to keep a good margin and have always the risk of asymetric information (you know if there's something wrong and hidden with your phone, they don't know it yet...). 

so sell it in person (via an online market place) or accept that you'll get less money, but of course save on hassle and time. 

Sorry, forgot to mention: Im in Pattaya. 

Yes, I know selling in shops will not get me the best deal, but I'm sure it will be much better than the deal apple offers because apple always offers a very bad price. Also I have to hand in the phone when I buy a new one, which I dont want to. 

Also, as you mentioned I really dont want to deal with the hassle of selling to individuals. Dont mind losing out a bit on this convenience. 

Unfortunately you are the kind of customer that Apple depends on. Six months ago I bought an iPhone X and have since learned to absolutely hate it. During these six months I have determined that IOS is not intuitive and is convoluted. Apple does things their own way. Android is a much better operating system and I decided that iPhone lemmings have never tried anything else. Apple has them trained.

It is possible that the iPhone has better hardware but at astronomical prices. I was stupid enough to buy the iPhone and will continue to use it until it dies no matter how long it takes. I will say that it does have a great camera and fortunately Siri works well enough for me to find the convoluted setting that I cannot logically find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/09/2021 at 06:30, masterslayer169 said:

Im gonna buy the new iPhone next week, and the buy-back prices from stores is pretty bad. Also, I'll have to give the phone as I'm buying the new phone, which I don't like to do. I have to set up the new phone and make sure I have all the data I need before reformatting and selling the old phone. 

Is there any shop I can sell my old iPhone? (Not looking to deal with people in marketplaces such as Facebook.)

Where are you now , which Model ? How much do you want for it ?

Edited by T-T-T

On 04/10/2021 at 09:16, Gary Loei said:

Unfortunately you are the kind of customer that Apple depends on. Six months ago I bought an iPhone X and have since learned to absolutely hate it. During these six months I have determined that IOS is not intuitive and is convoluted. Apple does things their own way. Android is a much better operating system and I decided that iPhone lemmings have never tried anything else. Apple has them trained.

It is possible that the iPhone has better hardware but at astronomical prices. I was stupid enough to buy the iPhone and will continue to use it until it dies no matter how long it takes. I will say that it does have a great camera and fortunately Siri works well enough for me to find the convoluted setting that I cannot logically find.

Thanks for your opinion. 

FYI: I used to be a tech journalist for a popular news agency in my country. Have worked with pretty much every tech company, including Apple, Google, Samsung and anything else you can think of. Have used almost every major phone released by every major brand till 2020. 

I've used Android phones more than I use an iPhone. I still use an android phone as my secondary device and the iPhone is my primary. 

I need reliable phone for me to get my work done, and iPhone does that for me. I can afford it, and I know it's going to let me make more money. If you do not like it, you don't have to use it. I was just looking for information on if someone knew where I could sell my phone in Pattaya. 

• Thanks 2

On 04/10/2021 at 10:11, T-T-T said:

Where are you now , which Model ? How much do you want for it ?

Im in Pattaya. 

Have iPhone 12, Blue, 128GB in perfect condition. No scratches on display and I cannot find any scratches on the back with my naked eye. 

Looking for about 18-20K THB. 

3 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Im in Pattaya. 

Have iPhone 12, Blue, 128GB in perfect condition. No scratches on display and I cannot find any scratches on the back with my naked eye. 

Baba is selling?

5 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Im in Pattaya. 

Ahh sorry I was after a mini  but good luck sure i you put it for sale in the Buy and sell area of the forum you should find a buyer hope that helps 

5 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

Ahh sorry I was after a mini  but good luck sure i you put it for sale in the Buy and sell area of the forum you should find a buyer hope that helps 

If you're interested in mini, I'd recommend the new 13 mini. I feel the battery is not so great with the 12 mini. 

1 hour ago, masterslayer169 said:

If you're interested in mini, I'd recommend the new 13 mini. I feel the battery is not so great with the 12 mini. 

I did see a YouTube review where it was said battery life is better in this new 13 mini.