IGNORED

Mobile Operators? AIS, DTAC, TrueMove?

HPickedPatts

Hi all,

Curious as to what your experience has been with various mobile operators. I'm trying to figure out what the best one is at least within the Pattaya area. I've been with AIS for 4 years and they're decent but I'm curious as to what peoples' experience with the other major providers are.

Cheers!

I'm pretty happy with True-H, 300 baht a month for more internet than I can use, good call quality, and never had any downtime. But they send me way too many SMS advertisements which can be annoying. 

dtac guy here ... although it doesn't really matter if you just stay in Pattaya ... 12call, dtac and True Move are not that much different

What I really like with dtac that it has pretty good coverage in deep, rural parts in isaan and you can connect your dtac with Facebook, so you can easily top up and prolong the service time of your sim card while being back home

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

We use AIS. No issues anywhere we have travelled in Thailand. For Data we use a SIM valid for 12 months, 100GB/month, 10mbps, 1590 Baht for 12 months. 

14 minutes ago, Olderhand said:

How long does the average SIM last once you have left the kingdom?

mine remains active ( DTAC) for 1 yr

add credit gets you 1 yr

after 1 yr no credit,,, i need to reactivate

• Like 2

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Awesome thanks... If the PI doesn't open up by year end ( more of a wish than anything) I'll make a couple of trips this year....so having the same number will be good  

I've been paying I think about 790b a month for AIS. I don't know the specific details of the plan but I'm pretty sure it's unlimited everything. Do you guys think I'm paying too much?

25 minutes ago, HPickedPatts said:

I've been paying I think about 790b a month for AIS. I don't know the specific details of the plan but I'm pretty sure it's unlimited everything. Do you guys think I'm paying too much?

Unlimited everything?

What is the speed of the data? - how much data do you actually use?- personally I have a package with 300 minutes - 20GB of data - Unlimited Speed (thats the important part) - 430 a month - I rarely go above 7GB - if you need the unlimited data and its unlimited speed - you are paying the right amount - my package is with TRUE

Edited by socrates

2 minutes ago, socrates said:

Unlimited everything?

What is the speed of the data? - how much data do you actually use?- personally I have a package with 300 minutes - 20GB of data - Unlimited Speed (thats the important part) - 430 a month - I rarely go above 7GB - if you need the unlimited data and its unlimited speed - you are paying the right amount - my package is with TRUE

Fks me bro. But it's more than fast enough for what I need. I also don't know how much data I'm using. The only people who call me are Lazada couriers. I'm sure I should probably look at downgrading. Might give True a crack as I'm hearing some good things.

Just now, HPickedPatts said:

Fks me bro. But it's more than fast enough for what I need. I also don't know how much data I'm using. The only people who call me are Lazada couriers. I'm sure I should probably look at downgrading. Might give True a crack as I'm hearing some good things.

First of all go to AIS - and show them what TRUE are offering - easier to stay who you are with - plus ask them how much data you are using on average and what speed you are getting

2 minutes ago, socrates said:

First of all go to AIS - and show them what TRUE are offering - easier to stay who you are with - plus ask them how much data you are using on average and what speed you are getting

Thanks for the tip. I'll get on that. But yeah I'd be fkd if I had to change my number so probably best to stick with AIS. The coverage at least is pretty solid.

Also I've got 5g enabled on my phone, it says 4G+ when I'm on data, I wonder if this means it's using the 5g network or not? Any ideas? According to their coverage map, should be getting 5G here.

Just now, HPickedPatts said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll get on that. But yeah I'd be fkd if I had to change my number so probably best to stick with AIS. The coverage at least is pretty solid.

Also I've got 5g enabled on my phone, it says 4G+ when I'm on data, I wonder if this means it's using the 5g network or not? Any ideas? According to their coverage map, should be getting 5G here.

You can keep your number whoever you decide on - so thats not an issue

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, socrates said:

You can keep your number whoever you decide on - so thats not an issue

Well I'll be damned!

Thanks for the recommendations, i'm gonna have a closer look at them. :) 

At risk repeating myself......... AIS data SIM, 12 months validity, 100GB per month at 10mbps, 1,590 Baht...... works out at 132.50/month

You my also find similar packages for cheaper (with less data) with other providers

• 4 months later...

Is AIS branch still operating in Tukom and what are the timings?