IGNORED

Using Line for the first time, help

donaldente

Hi,

I just download and installed line on my desktop and Mobil.  Now I have no idea how to get on any of the groups.

The line ID for the November roll call is:

https://line.me/R/ti/g/mmRPzgz_sD

No combination of the above letters that I tried was valid group name.

Would someone please help,

donald

43 minutes ago, donaldente said:

Hi,

I just download and installed line on my desktop and Mobil.  Now I have no idea how to get on any of the groups.

The line ID for the November roll call is:

https://line.me/R/ti/g/mmRPzgz_sD

No combination of the above letters that I tried was valid group name.

Would someone please help,

donald

What happens if you click the link?

5 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

What happens if you click the link?

This is a little embarrassing, but that kind of works.

I have Line installed both on my desktop and Mobil. The problem was that I was clicking the link on my desktop.  and the would take me to the main page of Line,"https://line.me".  So with your hint, I tried clicking the link on my Mobil, that works great.

thank you,

donald

• Like 3

to explain it some more: what you posted above is not a line id, it's an invite link. 

as you realised by now: click on it on mobile and you'll automatically join the group.

on desktop, in theory, it should take you to a page that displays a QR code that you can can with your mobile phone and which will let you join the group that way. somehow this doesn't work with the code above... 

Line IDs are names that profiles have. So if a lady tells you her line ID is "superhot69", then you add that manually and you're then "friends" in line. or you just add her via QR code, same same. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I'll amplify a bit more that LineID and DisplayName are only loosely related. They'll refer to the same person, but that's about as linked as they are. The LineID (an unchangeable field you fill out in Settings) is what you use to add in someone to your Line contacts. Your LineID is what you'd share with someone you wanted to add you in. The DisplayName is a free form field you can change on a whim and what will initially appear when someone adds you. Someone else's DisplayName is editable by you. 

So, if LineID "superhot69" gets added by you, what you see could be, "สุดฮอต" which may or may not mean anything to you. You can edit that for any of your contacts to something that makes sense to you ... maybe "Lek TF" or "Noi Treetown" or whatever makes sense to you. 

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have a way to get back on Line once you deleted your account? About two years ago I deleted my LINE account because I knew I wasn’t going back to Thailand because of the pandemic for a while. I got a new phone and recently was trying to put line back on my phone, of course with the same phone number. When I get to the part to either sign up or sign in it says it’s going to send me a text with a password it never sends it or my phone doesn’t receive it. Or when I try to sign up again the same thing happens and it says it’s gonna send me a text and the text never comes. So I tried the option of them calling me, they give you that option. But the call never comes in. I can’t sign up on a PC because there’s no option to sign up on PC it says go to your mobile device so I’m kind of stuck. Just wondering if this is ever happened to anyone? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone explain how to initiate the LOCATION FUNCTION to LINE ID and how to insert the name of my Condo into messages as described by another member.

I have found that TG have a hard finding my "meet" location, and I do not have a decent map to send to assist.

Another idea is there any knowledge of a 'graphic artist" who could craft a map with some Thai street names so I could send the map as a picture to the TG

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, stlouismo2010 said:

Can anyone explain how to initiate the LOCATION FUNCTION to LINE ID and how to insert the name of my Condo into messages as described by another member.

I have found that TG have a hard finding my "meet" location, and I do not have a decent map to send to assist.

Another idea is there any knowledge of a 'graphic artist" who could craft a map with some Thai street names so I could send the map as a picture to the TG

Thanks in advance

I suppose another way around it would be to take a photo of the thai street sign at the start of your Soi and then a photo of the outside of your condo building.Store those photos in your phone and have them then for future acquaintances.

A435CF7D-029F-4185-B8B9-64CF0ED82499.jpeg

38 minutes ago, stlouismo2010 said:

Thanks in advance

click on the "+" sign on the left of the text entry field, then select location. then click on the location you want to share. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 5 months later...
On 02/09/2021 at 04:39, Garzan said:

I'll amplify a bit more that LineID and DisplayName are only loosely related. They'll refer to the same person, but that's about as linked as they are. The LineID (an unchangeable field you fill out in Settings) is what you use to add in someone to your Line contacts. Your LineID is what you'd share with someone you wanted to add you in. The DisplayName is a free form field you can change on a whim and what will initially appear when someone adds you. Someone else's DisplayName is editable by you. 

So, if LineID "superhot69" gets added by you, what you see could be, "สุดฮอต" which may or may not mean anything to you. You can edit that for any of your contacts to something that makes sense to you ... maybe "Lek TF" or "Noi Treetown" or whatever makes sense to you. 

Hi looking for some help, just installed Line, trying to add friends and no luck,  tried in phone and laptop both aren't working , phone said "an unknown error occurred, please try again later", laptop said "user not found" another time it's "error 35".

I am in the US, used US number, added email to Line as well, also created my Line ID.

I am trying to add "namladydriverpattaya" and "Kaewsexy69" both are correct Line ID I believe.

And am I doing this right when I want to add friends in phone, you just go to "add friends" and there are 3 options, invite, QR code, and search right? (and I used search in there and 2 options there, ID and phone number, and I used ID)

Edited by THguypattaya

Yes, that does look correct.

From the home screen, select the person with the + in the upper right

Search

with a LineID use ID or a Phone use Phone Number

and then search for whichever one. 

I already have Nam in my contacts. When I try the ID for Kaew, mine does come up with an addable profile so Kaew's profile appears to work (just not for you.) Kaew does have a telephone number listed on her TFMI.WTF page. You might try adding her via phone number. 

It shouldn't matter but maybe try VPNing into Thailand on your device before opening Line? I know being in the US doesn't matter for contacting an existing client but I can't recall if I ever tried adding any one when I was visiting the US.

Good luck.

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Yes, that does look correct.

From the home screen, select the person with the + in the upper right

Search

with a LineID use ID or a Phone use Phone Number

and then search for whichever one. 

I already have Nam in my contacts. When I try the ID for Kaew, mine does come up with an addable profile so Kaew's profile appears to work (just not for you.) Kaew does have a telephone number listed on her TFMI.WTF page. You might try adding her via phone number. 

It shouldn't matter but maybe try VPNing into Thailand on your device before opening Line? I know being in the US doesn't matter for contacting an existing client but I can't recall if I ever tried adding any one when I was visiting the US.

Good luck.

Yeah tried her number and the VPN both didn't work. Turned off VPN in phone didn't work either, not sure what's going on. I will mess with it later maybe I need to change some settings or something. Thanks for the reply.

Ok going to reinstall and see, let LINE access to everything in phone, back up chat to google account right? (no problem let LINE access to your google account?) I blocked some of the things LINE asked to access etc before. Like access to my phone contacts to add those contacts as friends in LINE, google account and few others.

Edited by THguypattaya

Well somehow it worked all of a sudden, it's pretty strange.

I reinstalled it, didn't work, tried laptop version, nope. Then 2,3 days later all of a sudden it just worked, very strange.