IGNORED

Returning to Germany from Thailand

donaldente

Hello,

I am sorry about posting here in English, but I can't speak (or write) German.  This forum seems to be dead, but hopefully someone is still on it.

My question is there any quarantine in Germany coming back from Thailand? 

BTW: I have my permanent German Green Card (Aufenthaltstitel).

donald

Tagging @Somjot in case he doesn't see this topic. There's a good chance he'll know the answer to your question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thailand is on the list of high profile countries currently. That means you have to be in quarantine. And you will need either a test certificate or proof of full vaccination or recovery before entering. Quarantine can be ended early if you submit a negative test result (5d) or proof of vaccination 

plus: you will have to submit a digital registration before entering the country.

See more here: https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/

2 hours ago, donaldente said:

Hello,

I am sorry about posting here in English, but I can't speak (or write) German.  This forum seems to be dead, but hopefully someone is still on it.

. . . 

The reason that I posted I don't have the ability to speak German is that I posted this in the German forum.  A moderator move the post here.  Which now that I think about it, was the proper place for me to have posted my question.

Thanks forcebwithu and pisstopf for your help.

donald

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Tagging @Somjot in case he doesn't see this topic. There's a good chance he'll know the answer to your question.

Thanks for mentioning me.

9 hours ago, pisstopf said:

Thailand is on the list of high profile countries currently. That means you have to be in quarantine. And you will need either a test certificate or proof of full vaccination or recovery before entering. Quarantine can be ended early if you submit a negative test result (5d) or proof of vaccination 

plus: you will have to submit a digital registration before entering the country.

See more here: https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/

Everything correct, if you are not vaccinated, meaning:

- neg. PCR test 72 hours or Antigen Test 48 hours before flight.

- dig. registration before flight

- Quarantine 10 days, can be ended after 5 days, if neg. PCR test

you also have to check the requirements of the airline.

If vaccinated or recovered, afaik know, no quarantine in Germany but test before flight.

I`ll fly (hopefully) in 2 days.

Tested all my BGs before sex.

Some of them anally. :25:

You can`t be too careful.

6 hours ago, Somjot said:

If vaccinated or recovered, afaik know, no quarantine in Germany but test before flight.

AFAIK that’s not correct. The German government states that either a

a) you are recovered or vaccinated and would not need a test; or

b) you will need a test 

BUT you are correct about the airline rules: these might differ (plus the German government might change their minds again ;-) )