IGNORED

agoda secred deal

keltix

In my opinion :Un-named accommodation ,advised at a later date....

Agoda Secret Deals
If you are browsing Agoda, you may sometimes see this “Secret Deals” feature appearing. So what are they? Agoda’s explanation is:
What are Agoda Secret Deals?

Due to the close relationship it enjoys with its partners, Agoda.com is frequently able to offer high-end rooms at very attractive rates. For various reasons, these properties prefer to stay anonymous. This means customers can enjoy great savings on quality accommodation at distinguished brands worldwide, from luxurious five-star to charming boutique.

How does it work?

It’s simple! Browse the list of Agoda Secret Deals and apply filters based on your preferences. Book the deal that matches your liking and upon completion, the accommodation name, location, and contact details will be revealed.
So is it really an unknown until you make a booking? The answer is NO!
Let us see how to solve this puzzle.
I found this deal on Agoda (using the Secret Deal tab – See red arrow) for a 4 stars hotel in Ginza:
Secret Deal (1)
Let’s say that I am interested to book this property. I will just swap the filter back to any ordinary filter (e.g. Recommended – See orange arrow) and scroll down to Neighborhood portion of the page and select “Ginza”. This will filter out all the non “Ginza” properties:
Secret Deal (1) - Ginza
You should still be able to find your “Secret Deal” property in the filtered results (as it should be in Ginza).
Now look at two distinguishing data entries in the Secret Deal: The review score and the other of reviews. So in our example, it’s 9+ and 870+ respectively. The actual hotel would have figures between 9.0-9.9 and 870-879. You can either manually scroll through the pages OR you can just search “87” (in this case “87” because the number of reviews is between 870-879). This would reveal the identify of the hotel:
Secret Deal (2) - Ginza Stars Reviews
Secret Deal (3) - Ginza Stars Reviews
The price difference is substantial at $43 a night (for just a few minutes of work):

good info indeed. going by your advice I deduced that for this dealScreenshot_450.png.e0cd0f8631dc4b50a3c73f9fa108c80d.png

it has to be either 1.)

Screenshot_451.png.adaebd0502e688a75cd0b75fac3e08d0.png

or 2.)

Screenshot_452.png.41d9b659129abf2b399568bf8e41add8.png

so both options are about 25%off. I wonder if there is an option of taking the deal for like a couple of days and then getting same deal again when you already know the hotel. I guess not. 
anyway good info in case I can come considering things change about COVID and all. thanks

Edited by keltix