04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Thank you for continuing the intent of the thread whilst some might have tried to derail it with their own agenda.

I particularly liked how you also started to note which properties also had lots of outstanding bills pinned up on them but didn't have a for rent/sale sign on them. This in itself is a nice piece of analytical work and helps us gain a truer picture of the situation.

Hmmm...Pin Up....not a bad name for Ago Go either.

Today's submission is the length of Beach road. Again  I have kept an eye out for businesses that are obviously vacant.  Those number exceed the number of posted rentals.  Also, many of the 7/11 - Family Marts have newspapers covering the widows and the tourist shops (selling clothing & nik naks) are mostly empty. 

Sadly, Beach Road is seriously failing.

01_copy_3024x1431.jpg

02_copy_3024x1431.jpg

03_copy_3024x1431.jpg

04_copy_3024x1431.jpg

05_copy_3024x1431.jpg

08_copy_3024x1431.jpg

10_copy_3024x1431.jpg

11_copy_3024x1431.jpg

12_copy_3024x1431.jpg

06_copy_3024x1431.jpg

Edited by ichy2
Removed 2 duplicate photos

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I wouldn't be surprised to still see some tailors trying to shake your hand.

Funny you mention that.  They are one category of business that seems immune to this financial crisis.  They are mostly still in place with more than a few sitting outside their shops.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ichy2 said:

Funny you mention that.  They are one category of business that seems immune to this financial crisis.  They are mostly still in place with more than a few sitting outside their shops.

I remember reading a lot are a front for money laundering and other shady shit. No way they could be surviving otherwise. 

4 hours ago, ichy2 said:

Sadly, Beach Road is seriously failing.

It's not good, but a lot of those closed early on last year, as they were quite easy to clear out.

And you could easily seem them all open back up quite quickly, if Tourists return.

I've previously provided 2nd Road pictures from Drinking Street to Marine Mall and then Pattaya Tai to Avenue Mall.

Below is the balace of 2nd Road from Marine Mall to the Avenue Mall. 

Of special note is the area across from Terminal 21, which most all shops are vacant and seems prime for demolition and construction of high end shopping.  Also, the area on the west side and north of Soi 6 has a (model) 747 plane waiting for a grand food court to be completed; and, most of the east side, south of the 6 has corrugated metal fencing, which appears to be in anticipation of demolition and more high rise condos to be built.

Bonus photo:  The last picture is one of the shops (which there are many) that appears abandoned with notices piling up.

01_copy_3024x1431.jpg

02_copy_3024x1431.jpg

03_copy_3024x1431.jpg

04_copy_3024x1431.jpg

05_copy_3024x1431.jpg

07_copy_3024x1431.jpg

08_copy_3024x1431.jpg

09_copy_3024x1431.jpg

10_copy_3024x1431.jpg

11_copy_3024x1431.jpg

12_copy_3024x1431.jpg

13_copy_3456x1638.jpg

14_copy_3456x1638.jpg

15_copy_3024x1431.jpg

Edited by ichy2
Removed photo posted in error

12 hours ago, ichy2 said:

Of special note is the area across from Terminal 21, which most all shops are vacant and seems prime for demolition and construction of high end shopping.  Also, the area on the west side and north of Soi 6 has a (model) 747 plane waiting for a grand food court to be completed; and, most of the east side, south of the 6 has corrugated metal fencing, which appears to be in anticipation of demolition and more high rise condos to be built.

Lots of construction this and construction that.  My guess would be that the level of vacant and underoccupied property in the next few years will be such that there'll be little appetite for new construction.  More economic to get what there already is occupied first.  Parts of Pattaya may possibly look like a demolition site for years.

6 hours ago, SirL said:

Lots of construction this and construction that.  My guess would be that the level of vacant and underoccupied property in the next few years will be such that there'll be little appetite for new construction.  More economic to get what there already is occupied first.  Parts of Pattaya may possibly look like a demolition site for years.

I've noticed some work going on in that empty plot of land beside VT6. They cut down a whole bunch of trees and a bunch of other stuff, preparing the land I guess? I'm not very knowledgable about construction. Not really sure what the plan is. There's a ton of dogs living there too.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

I've noticed some work going on in that empty plot of land beside VT6. They cut down a whole bunch of trees and a bunch of other stuff, preparing the land I guess? I'm not very knowledgable about construction. Not really sure what the plan is. There's a ton of dogs living there too.

As I have read on another thread it could also be that they will plant some crop vegetation. Taxes on "farm" land are a lot lower than on building plots.

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Fair enough, cheers.  When was this activity in the plot next to VT6?  Was it before April 2021, ie when there might have been hope Pattaya could have got through all this more or less covid-free?  Or after April, when perhaps economic confidence might have dropped?  IMO the current big surge in covid has been a bit of a game-changer, so IMO quite a different environment for an investment decision.

32 minutes ago, SirL said:

Fair enough, cheers.  When was this activity in the plot next to VT6?  Was it before April 2021, ie when there might have been hope Pattaya could have got through all this more or less covid-free?  Or after April, when perhaps economic confidence might have dropped?  IMO the current big surge in covid has been a bit of a game-changer, so IMO quite a different environment for an investment decision.

It wasn't a counter to what you were saying, I agree with you, just an observation. The activity was recently, in the past few weeks.

325417196_27july002(Custom).JPG.a1474254b630c8025450f084ba27c6c0.JPG733670736_12july003(Custom).JPG.4c25c13f0f735b1857ebd314291600a1.JPG

46 minutes ago, SirL said:

i thought they cleared that land july  of constantly growing vegitation to pursue the planned development (piles were put in 2015 or 2016 )  i cant remember right now.

but i was wrong.

they have planted stuff. i have to say i don't know what it is but i guess it's something spliced into a root/stalk of some sort. so clearly nothing building wise is coming any time soon.

let me dig up a pic

Edited by striderman

12 minutes ago, striderman said:

733670736_12july003(Custom).JPG.4c25c13f0f735b1857ebd314291600a1.JPG

i thought they cleared that land early july  of constantly growing vegitation to pursue the planned development (piles were put in 2015 or 2016 )  i cant remember right now.

but i was wrong.

they have planted stuff. i have to say i don't know what it is but i guess it's something spliced into a root/stalk of some sort. so clearly nothing building wise is coming any time soon.

let me dig up a pic

ok july 12 for the photo above. let me look again

1425332736_27july001(Custom).JPG.acd22bfbfbdadcdc7199d5fd4f14642f.JPG

12 minutes ago, striderman said:

i have seen these elsewhere and i do not kknow what they are

843897522_27july002(Custom).JPG.bc18d7d6c629a16fbc1d136814cf7e02.JPG

whatever they are they have sprouted a bit so 07 15 tomorrow i will take another photo for horticulural BM's

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, striderman said:

Planting stuff?  Doesn't sound like building on that plot anytime soon.  It's just about the most tempting plot available for builders in town, subject to price of course.

47 minutes ago, striderman said:

i have seen these elsewhere and i do not kknow what they are

They are soi dogs.  They shit all over the land, which becomes fertile so the planted stuff grows well 555.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

They planted stuff, banana plants i think on the big bit of land that runs around the Urban condos on Soi 15 a couple of years ago.

I was told that if empty land is used for crops then the local government could not force the owner to develop the land or sell for development.

Could be true I suppose!

9 minutes ago, goodtimesonly said:

They planted stuff, banana plants i think on the big bit of land that runs around the Urban condos on Soi 15 a couple of years ago.

I was told that if empty land is used for crops then the local government could not force the owner to develop the land or sell for development.

Could be true I suppose!

Its to avoid Land Tax - its heavily reduced if they 'farm' it - same thing has happened to the plot next to View Talay 6

And yes its a Banana Plantation

Edited by socrates

3 hours ago, SirL said:

They are soi dogs.  They shit all over the land, which becomes fertile so the planted stuff grows well 555.

but that's not important right now. - Leslie Nielsen Shirley | Meme  Generator

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my last installment of pictures in this thread. The below pictures are of 2nd road from Pattaya Tai to Marine Plaza hotel on Soi 16.  This area has been especially hard hit.  It looks to me that at least half of the businesses in this area are done.  There are many empty shops, not including those that are for rent. With its close proximity to Walking Street, there are no customers to be seen anywhere, only moto-taxi and Grab drivers about.

The first picture is the complex where Pattaya Shoes is/was. It is unclear if they are hibernating or if they are gone.

01_copy_3024x1431_1.jpg

02_copy_3024x1431_1.jpg

03_copy_1431x3024.jpg

04_copy_1431x3024.jpg

05_copy_1431x3024.jpg

06_copy_3456x1638.jpg

07_copy_1638x3456.jpg

08_copy_1638x3456.jpg

09_copy_1431x3024.jpg

10_copy_1431x3024.jpg

11_copy_1431x3024.jpg

12_copy_1638x3456.jpg

13_copy_1431x3024.jpg

14_copy_3024x1431.jpg

15_copy_3024x1431_1.jpg

Went to Central Festival today for some grocery shopping, 2nd road entrance, and usually there are a group of moto taxi and cab drivers hanging around, hoping for customers, didn't see any.