Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Living on Takeaways During Lockdown !

semi-retired member

I've been living off Grab. Selection is kind of shit post-pandemic and quite a markup on many places but does the job.

• Like 2

My favorite Indian in Pattaya, Curry Home, does free deliveries.

I do find Grab more expensive than Hungry now.

• Like 1

Due to the fact that my diet is 95% Thai now I either eat what my lass cooks, or if she has been busy, we buy from a Thai stall known to us, minimum cost and always fresh as they want you to come back again tomorrow.

• Like 4

the selection of take away food here in Pattaya, especially really healthy stuff is amazing. Variety of food has come a very long way since my first trip in 2000

Back in the UK i got into the habit of just ordering takeaways during the lockdowns and ended up quite rundown and feeling off colour most days  which  mainly due to a MacDonald breakfast every morning I think and other shite. 

Here you can order Juices , smoothies ..excellent Vegan , and other top healthy options my favorate  been https://easyhealth.asia/th/home-th/  been great been able to cut out most of the Junk food :-)

Just loving it :-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I seldom order delivery and never take-away. I moved to a place with a very good Western style kitchen last Summer and usually cook at home. Leftovers in the microwave makes up about half the week.

When I do order delivery, I have found the following places to be very good.

• Taco Taco (fresh, hot and timely)
  • New York Pizza (fresh, hot and timely)
  • Easy Health (small burrittos are good, full meal not as much so when it comes to delivery)
  • The Bull (very good, but expensive for delivery)

I have not used any of these places recently and may be behind the times.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Here you can order Juices , smoothies ..excellent Vegan , and other top healthy options my favorate  been https://easyhealth.asia/th/home-th/  been great been able to cut out most of the Junk food 🙂

Just loving it 🙂

Is easy health just in Bangkok and Pattaya?

41 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I seldom order delivery and never take-away. I moved to a place with a very good Western style kitchen last Summer and usually cook at home. Leftovers in the microwave makes up about half the week.

When I do order delivery, I have found the following places to be very good.

• Taco Taco (fresh, hot and timely)
  • New York Pizza (fresh, hot and timely)
  • Easy Health (small burrittos are good, full meal not as much so when it comes to delivery)
  • The Bull (very good, but expensive for delivery)

I have not used any of these places recently and may be behind the times.

Oops - I left out the Duck Lady. She is in Jomtien on Thep Prasit very near Thappraya. You can find her on Grab listed as "Thep Prasit Grilled Duck". Good food, inexpensive and very good delivery service.

• Like 1

Yesterday lunch was from Hungry Hippo, B149 for cottage-pie/broccoli/gravy, eaten in-the-loom with a visiting friend, the later-on off to buy some beer from Tesco-Lotus, in-advance of the dry weekend, and an attempt to get Nicky's recommended fish-and-chips, but I'd just missed-out (by a matter of minutes) on the last portion. :sad:

Breakfast today also from Nicky's, B99 plus tip, and while they were preparing it, a cuppa & natter outside with the really nice lady who runs it, watching the intermittent-rain  ...  one of those days really.  This evening a B139 sausage-pizza from the lady at the pizza-shed next to Tree Town, lots of places still open, just a frustrating lack of customers  ...  you really feel for everybody as they try to get through these worsening-times, without giving-up.  :unsure:

Respect to the whole lot of them !  :Bow2:

Any recommendations on best Takeaway Sunday roast diner , I know there are loads of recommendation's for sunday roast severed in the restaurant but I have found some restaurants haven't quite mastered the art of getting it delivered so it tastes just as good :-)

6 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

Any recommendations on best Takeaway Sunday roast diner , I know there are loads of recommendation's for sunday roast severed in the restaurant but I have found some restaurants haven't quite mastered the art of getting it delivered so it tastes just as good :-)

Nicky's was pretty good when I ordered it on Grab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ended up going with The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant Sunday Carvery as it look a slightly better deal than Nicky's and wow I was not disappointed what a feast they sent me. 

Soup and bread roll to start

selection of 4 to 5 roast meats, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, cauliflower cheese , peas carrots, yorkshire pudding, stuffing, gravy.

mustard, apple sauce , Mint sauce , horseradish as well for all the meats

Could only eat half of it rest will have to go in the fridge 

highly recommend 

Time for a food snooze before I try and power through the Apple Pie and Custard.  :GrinNod1:

3 hours ago, T-T-T said:

I ended up going with The Sportsman Pub and Restaurant Sunday Carvery as it look a slightly better deal than Nicky's and wow I was not disappointed what a feast they sent me. 

Soup and bread roll to start

selection of 4 to 5 roast meats, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, cauliflower cheese , peas carrots, yorkshire pudding, stuffing, gravy.

mustard, apple sauce , mint sauce , horseradish as well for all the meats

Could only eat half of it rest will have to go in the fridge 

highly recommend 

Time for a food snooze before I try and power through the Apple Pie and Custard.  :GrinNod1:

I also had a SR from Sportsman today. Its about 5 or 6 I have had from them this past fwe months delivered. It was slightly different today, normally the meat is freshly cut from the joints that they have for the Carvery, but something different today, all meats were thinly cut, chicken normally is a rolled joint with bacon outside. Still, a good meal and have chicken, ham and pork, along with soup for lunch tomorrow. 

Its 395B from Hungry Now but I have managed to get various discounts from HN but today, had to pay full price. Still, a decent meal for the coin. 

sr thumbnail_IMG_5345.png

This is getting boring fast, eating meals mostly out of a polystyrene-box in my loom, or tipping it into a cereal-bowl & eating from that !  I miss the sociability of conversation and eating with others from a real plate, while watching the street-life & drinking a coffee, more than I had expected I would !  :sad:

Spag-bol & massaman-curry from Hungry-Hippo, another massaman-curry from Nicky's (only B120 !) and sliders from Kung's Hot Sausage, it's eating-to-live rather than living-to-eat.  Everybody scurrying home to eat, just not the same as before, especially since this trip was supposed to be some kind of a holiday ! :rolleyes:

However this guy from Barnsley looks to have got almost a cult-following, with a series of 'Rate My Takeaway' videos on Youtube  ...

• Like 3

My room is slowly being buried, under piles of polystyrene-boxes, and plastic-cutlery !  Whatever happened to Saving the Planet ? :o

Good breakfast today, all in one box @ B99+tip from Nicky's (opening from 10am ?), looked almost like a normal plated-breakfast for-a-change. :)

Dined on sliders from Kung's Hot Sausage a couple-of-times, and a reasonable meaty spag-bol B115 from the stall at Chaos-Crossroads, next to (closed) Nikom Court.

Walked a roundabout route down to Kiss, hoping for their good green-curry/rice, only to find it 'temporarily closed', scratch one more dining-option for now ! :sad:

Hungry Hippo is usually quite busy, and always a free bottle-of-water with the meal, which is appreciated, and some of the stalls in Tree-Town still looked to be open yesterday-evening, when I walked past returning from shopping at Tesco-Lotus, perhaps try there tonight.:rolleyes:

Lastly someone seems to have been removing all the ATMs along Buakow, since I was here in March, they're getting thinner-on-the-ground, perhaps due to the lack of customers ? :unsure:  Or is ram-raiding a growth-industry ? :Dunno1:

BIG/good chicken-schnitzel and (frozen) fries, sweet/sour sauce & small pot of coleslaw, B129 today at Cheap Charlie. :)

Greek-salad B100, & B60 tzatziki from Eat Greek at Tree-Town yesterday evening, to put on B10 bread-rolls for brekky !

And noticed when walking past that Malee's Restaurant, halfway up Soi Lenkee, is still open & has specials from B100, must give them a try soon.

Unfortunately Seaside Restaurant failed to reopen yesterday, as the sign outside had promised, so no chish-&-fips ! :sad:

Cheaper eats always welcome  ...  by this cheap-charlie tourist, at least ! :P

Two fat sausages, mash, peas & onion-gravy (on special) for B129, yesterday at Cheap Charlie's, and this morning an excellent B59 for farmer's-breakfast at Chilli Inn, which came with the offer of a takeaway tea or coffee, bargain ! :rolleyes:

Another shout out for Hungry Hippos, Only a minutes walk from my condo and good value large tasty meals. I am getting half my dinners from there now and slowly working my way through their extensive menu. Cornish Pasty, Sunday Roast (available any day), fish and chips all good, might try Norwegian Salmon tonight.

When I fancy Thai I pop across the road to one of the food stalls in Tree-Town, trying to share the love and ordering from a different stall each time.

Had a steak pie and chips from Cheap Charlies a couple of weeks ago, need to go there again as it was good as well.

I'm pleased to report that Seaside Restaurant reopened from today, although they said they plan to close on Sundays, however the full-menu is available to take-away at their usual good prices. :)

I just enjoyed their steak/kidney open-pie, with real-chips and peas, for B170 this evening. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Simply wonderful to finally be able to get a meal on-a-plate again, in my own case the big-English breakfast in Cheap Charlie's for B139, this morning !  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a burger from a place called And Burger, on GRAB today.

Had the Mexican burger, and also bacon fries. Total was 246B, including delivery. Was well impressed with the burger and also the fries. Fries were them shoestring ones, came with pieces of crispy bacon. The burger patty was good quality and all the veg good, came with a homemade thousand island type sauce. Nice and spicy too.

Aside, I have gone cold on Hungry Now lately, since they have done away with their discounts.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Ordered a burger from a place called And Burger, on GRAB today.

Had the Mexican burger, and also bacon fries. Total was 246B, including delivery. Was well impressed with the burger and also the fries. Fries were them shoestring ones, came with pieces of crispy bacon. The burger patty was good quality and all the veg good, came with a homemade thousand island type sauce. Nice and spicy too.

Aside, I have gone cold on Hungry Now lately, since they have done away with their discounts.

Do you know where this place is located? I'd be interested in testing it out. I prefer to dine in though. Cheers