IGNORED

Help please............

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

I went to empty my recycle bin but deleted it by accident off my desk top. I cant find it. Any ideas where it'll be???

Their must be an method more easy than this..

Method 2: Edit the registry to restore the Recycle Bin

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Note This procedure does not work if the system administrator used a Group Policy setting to hide the Recycle Bin (or "All Icons") on the Desktop.

To edit the registry to make the Recycle Bin icon reappear on the desktop, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

4. Right-click the registry key that you located in step 3, point to New, and then click Key.

5. Type {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}, and then press ENTER.

6. Click the new {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} key that you created in step 5.

7. In the right pane, double-click the (Default) entry.

8. In the Edit String dialog box, type Recycle Bin in the Value data box, and then click OK.

9. Quit Registry Editor.

Their must be an method more easy than this..

Method 2: Edit the registry to restore the Recycle Bin

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Note This procedure does not work if the system administrator used a Group Policy setting to hide the Recycle Bin (or "All Icons") on the Desktop.

To edit the registry to make the Recycle Bin icon reappear on the desktop, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

4. Right-click the registry key that you located in step 3, point to New, and then click Key.

5. Type {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}, and then press ENTER.

6. Click the new {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} key that you created in step 5.

7. In the right pane, double-click the (Default) entry.

8. In the Edit String dialog box, type Recycle Bin in the Value data box, and then click OK.

9. Quit Registry Editor.

I had a quick google but this was all I came up with too. It is actually pretty straightforward.

Did that Ipod software I recommended sort you out btw?

Guest Qwert06
I had a quick google but this was all I came up with too. It is actually pretty straightforward.

Did that Ipod software I recommended sort you out btw?

I've got windows vista gents. Does that make any diff?

The Ipod thing mate, i've got my old PC back now and will transfer the music when i get time. But thansk again anyway and i passed the info onto a mate who wanted the same info and i think he is sorted.

ah with vista right click a blank area of the Desktop | Personalize | Change desktop icons (left pane) | Put a tick in

Recycle Bin.

or failing that

1. Click on Vista's blue Start button and then click on "Help and Support".

2. Type RECYCLE BIN in the Search box, press the Enter key.

3. Click on "Show or hide the Recycle Bin".

4. Follow the self-help instructions.

Guest Qwert06
ah with vista right click a blank area of the Desktop | Personalize | Change desktop icons (left pane) | Put a tick in

Recycle Bin.

just found that too mate and i'm sorted.

Thanks for the help gents

I've got windows vista gents. Does that make any diff?

The Ipod thing mate, i've got my old PC back now and will transfer the music when i get time. But thansk again anyway and i passed the info onto a mate who wanted the same info and i think he is sorted.

Click start, go to search, and type in "recycle bin"

It might still be on your computer somewhere, the search take several minutes.

You may have only deleted the icon...its worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...
I went to empty my recycle bin but deleted it by accident off my desk top. I cant find it. Any ideas where it'll be???

Hi Not sure if you sorted this but, Try this

Click Start, and then click My Computer.

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

Click the View tab, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.

Click Yes when the warning message appears, and then click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.

Click Folders on the toolbar.

If Folders is not visible on the toolbar, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Standard Buttons.

In the left pane, under Folders, locate the Recycle Bin folder, and then drag the Recycle Bin folder to the desktop.

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

Click the View tab, and then click to select the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click OK

Should work for you ok

The Fly