Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Scooter paint and detail

dontpa

All, I am looking for a shop that can take our older scooter and give it a new lease on life. maybe repaint, new seat cover detail etc.. Bought girlfiend new Honda 160 but she loves her old scooter so we will fix it up and keep it also. Any good shops here in Pattaya?

Look for a shop with a bunch of scooter seats hanging up and that should be a reupholstery shop. Getting a scooter seat recovered should be reasonably inexpensive.

You might try this wrap shop on Soi Siam Country Club for the "repaint". The location and process is in this video.

When I had my CB500X repainted, I took it to just a regular automotive body and paint shop and they were happy to do a motorcycle. I bought a black bike and wanted a pearl white bike (which wasn't an option for that model) so I had the paint shop make me one. :-) 

As perhaps a last option, Mai Thai Scooters across from Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Soi Buakhao could do it. It would be more expensive (IMO) but they make show bikes. Shining up an old scooter should be an easy job. I just depends on what you want to spend.

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Pattaya Memorial Hospital

I think you mean Pattaya City Hospital.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

As perhaps a last option, Mai Thai Scooters across from Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Soi Buakhao could do it. It would be more expensive (IMO) but they make show bikes. Shining up an old scooter should be an easy job. I just depends on what you want to spend.

Pattaya City Hospital.

Here is the Google map link to the scooter shop.

https://goo.gl/maps/C53LTgoq5hHcmrZPA

photo link

https://goo.gl/maps/VnyfvQhVXFhN26vg9

4 hours ago, Garzan said:

Look for a shop with a bunch of scooter seats hanging up and that should be a reupholstery shop. Getting a scooter seat recovered should be reasonably inexpensive.

You might try this wrap shop on Soi Siam Country Club for the "repaint". The location and process is in this video.

Gar do you know the name of this shop is it on Siam Country Club and on the other side of the tracks? I don't want to watch a video! :)

32 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Gar do you know the name of this shop is it on Siam Country Club and on the other side of the tracks? I don't want to watch a video! :)

Sure, Pattaya Wrap.

Google Map link https://goo.gl/maps/dYmfoXLyCozxq3df7

For some of the popular scoots, I have heard a complete set of plastics is not expensive

54 minutes ago, bangna said:

For some of the popular scoots, I have heard a complete set of plastics is not expensive

Good point. If it happens to be one of the Scooters listed here, just replacing the plastic body panels isn't too outrageous. Lots of things on that site too if you want to bling out something as well. :-)

https://bikerzbits.co.th/

I've purchased a number of 'bling' parts from them.

Minor issue, but something to consider. The colour is the bike is listed on the paperwork, so you might run into a few issues when selling to a savvy Thai if you change the colour. 

Not quite so minor, and a good point. The color is listed in the Green Book. If you change the color of the scooter by more than just the shade of the color, you need to have the Green Book changed to reflect the current color of the scooter. 

It's not all that difficult a process, but it is a required process for a color change. 

On 04/06/2021 at 06:47, dontpa said:

All, I am looking for a shop that can take our older scooter and give it a new lease on life. maybe repaint, new seat cover detail etc.. Bought girlfiend new Honda 160 but she loves her old scooter so we will fix it up and keep it also. Any good shops here in Pattaya?

On 04/06/2021 at 07:43, Garzan said:

As Garzan said - Mai Thai can do all that for you.

A one stop shop.

Not the cheapest, however an easy option to get the lot done in one place.

The guy that runs it speaks good English.

7 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

As Garzan said - Mai Thai can do all that for you.

A one stop shop.

Not the cheapest, however an easy option to get the lot done in one place.

The guy that runs it speaks good English.

That place way too pricey!

Edited by Rocketboy

8 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

That place way too pricey!

Price is subjective dependant on how you value your time/effort vs. money.

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Not quite so minor, and a good point. The color is listed in the Green Book. If you change the color of the scooter by more than just the shade of the color, you need to have the Green Book changed to reflect the current color of the scooter. 

It's not all that difficult a process, but it is a required process for a color change. 

If you have a Thai friend, explain what you need to him and let him resource it. On two occasions I have needed work done and they got it done at Thai price and good quaility.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

If you have a Thai friend, explain what you need to him and let him resource it. On two occasions I have needed work done and they got it done at Thai price and good quaility.

When I had my motorcycle repainted from black to pearl white, I was able to also have the Thai paint shop handle getting the book changed for me. 

With the eight years we've been living in Udon, we go to the same Yellow Gear licensing shop for the truck and all the bikes. With the length of time we've been doing business with that shop, whenever we need edits or transfers on any of the books, we just ask them to handle it for us. It works well. We're good customers, they take care of good customers. I feel it's worth the time to foster those kinds of business relationships. My Thai isn't great but his Thai is. I don't want to be standing in line at the Land Transport Office. :-) 

• Like 3

[dup]

Edited by Garzan

3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

When I had my motorcycle repainted from black to pearl white, I was able to also have the Thai paint shop handle getting the book changed for me. 

With the eight years we've been living in Udon, we go to the same Yellow Gear licensing shop for the truck and all the bikes. With the length of time we've been doing business with that shop, whenever we need edits or transfers on any of the books, we just ask them to handle it for us. It works well. We're good customers, they take care of good customers. I feel it's worth the time to foster those kinds of business relationships. My Thai isn't great but his Thai is. I don't want to be standing in line at the Land Transport Office. :-) 

Absolutely, whenever such arises, colour change of our minibus, annual vehicle tax, minor damage, one of our Thai friends always steps up and tells us to let him deal with it.