Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

1 Year Education Visa "No Attendance" 50k = Fair?

Jackie2013

I can't wrap my mind around this, as someone who enjoys to learn new things. Especially if one is living for extended periods in a host country, why be rude and not try to learn their language? Their culture?

It's just respectful to do so. It shows that one genuinely is interested in the locals' ways. Besides, if you are going to pay for tuition, might as well get the money's worth.

Maybe one genuinely tried to learn and they failed. Then that's a different story. At least there was an attempt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MteroDweller said:

I heard you can get an EV for Muay Thai. I'd do that in a second and I'd never miss a class! How cool would it be to live in Thailand, train in the morning, and enjoy the ladies all day? Sign me up!

My friend had a Muay Thai EV, this was 10 years ago, worth checking with the larger Muay Thai centres in BKK if they still do it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MteroDweller said:

I heard you can get an EV for Muay Thai. I'd do that in a second and I'd never miss a class! How cool would it be to live in Thailand, train in the morning, and enjoy the ladies all day? Sign me up!

There is also a large Muay Thai place on North Pattaya road, on the ground floor of a posh hotel, they might also be able to help you. When my friend, who was based in BKK, came down to Pattaya he would train there every morning.

Plus, there are a few smaller places down side roads - still good places to train.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 31/05/2021 at 13:28, Cosmic36 said:

I had a 1 year ED visa that I used from age 49 to 50.  One year at the school cost 40K baht.  In order to activate the visa I had to be out of the country which I did at a Thai consulate in Denver, Co.  I actually went to class, 4 times a week for 2 hours.  The first 6 weeks was a lot of homework trying to memorize the alphabet and many words.   The teachers would take photos of you in class 2 or so times a week to prove that you are there.  They give you about 3 days absent per 90 days before you might have issues.  An Immigration officer will show up unannounced too, this happened all of 2 times during my year.  Thailand has a lot of holidays too.

Even though your visa is a 1 year ED visa you renew it every 90 days.  Luckily my school is on top of everything and gave me all the paperwork and stacks of photos of me in class and other documents to give to immigration.  You also will pay 1,900 baht every 90 days.  There were rumors about immigration quizzing your Thai language skills but this never happened to me.

Now we did have students that never really attended class, I would see their pics and paperwork when we signed in at class every.  I remember  one young guy that would show up maybe once a week and couldn’t speak jack shit.   We found out later that he and the “ghost” students were paying an extra 5K every 90 days to not show up.  TIT, This is Thailand but things also could go horribly wrong every 90 days when you renew things.  I see schools offer a cheaper yearly fee but be weary of their reputation.  Years ago it was much easier to pay for a Bullshit school and never attend but they cracked down on them...for the most part.

Currently many language schools are closed and mine closed for 3 months in the early corona days. We did Zoom classes for about a month but they suck.  Anyway I am now 50 so it is smooth sailing if the corona doesn’t get me.

Lastly the whole border run thing isn’t a practical option under current circumstances.  I did one to stretch out a tourist visa another 60 days years ago.

Hello, Sir. 

I'd like to ask for the name of your school or your visa agent. I am interested in getting an Edu visa myself and am compiling quotes and recommendations. The story of your experience sounds very tempting.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

7 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Hello, Sir. 

I'd like to ask for the name of your school or your visa agent. I am interested in getting an Edu visa myself and am compiling quotes and recommendations. The story of your experience sounds very tempting.

I used a school that was extremely competent and caring opp Big C South. I can't recall the name but there's zero doubt you couldn't find the school on Google Maps. It's close to the corner of Suk in what's known as Duck Sq.

Ask me anything. 

• Thanks 1

When I was on an ED Visa, I used Pro Language School Pattaya. They were very helpful and professional and you can take your classes there or online. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sharklasers said:

I used a school that was extremely competent and caring opp Big C South. I can't recall the name but there's zero doubt you couldn't find the school on Google Maps. It's close to the corner of Suk in what's known as Duck Sq.

Ask me anything. 

357565903_excellanguage.JPG.f6b04ecb134949944ad01040acf75672.JPG

This one? Excel Language School? Did you get the visa from the school or from an agent? 

5 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

When I was on an ED Visa, I used Pro Language School Pattaya. They were very helpful and professional and you can take your classes there or online. 

1787151378_prolanguage.JPG.b2bd21787030201e04a084bbdb16b270.JPG

Ah, this one, yes?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

357565903_excellanguage.JPG.f6b04ecb134949944ad01040acf75672.JPG

This one? Excel Language School? Did you get the visa from the school or from an agent? 

1787151378_prolanguage.JPG.b2bd21787030201e04a084bbdb16b270.JPG

Ah, this one, yes?

School does it all. I speak fluent Thai so I didn't attend classes but still blew the pants off the ED visa officer at Desk 5 by reciting the anthem 🇹🇭