IGNORED

Aap to hide folder

Can anyone recommend an aap (Android) to hide aaps, pics and videos from prying eyes.. 

Let's just say I got caught out by my partner and got away with the skin of my teeth 

Need to be able to hide certain aap, pics videos etc in a separate folder which is either password protected or hidden from the list of aaps... 

Found a few aaps that can hide pics and videos but any that can hide aaps 

My mobile has the facility of having two aap with different accounts, so I have 2 Facebook aaps and accounts..etc One for mongering and another for family and friends 

just to say: i don't know if you're mini-trolling by calling them "aap" or if you're just not aware, so no offense meant: it's spelled app (one a, two p), short for application. 

if you have a samsung phone, that's super easy to do. they have built in a "secure folder" which you can activate and access and then use that to move pics and videos there. you can also install apps in there, that are not visible outside of this secure folder (which will be protected). otherwise i guess it's more complicated.

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Solution:  Get rid of the partner, then do what the fuck you want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

just to say: i don't know if you're mini-trolling by calling them "aap" or if you're just not aware, so no offense meant: it's spelled app (one a, two p), short for application. 

if you have a samsung phone, that's super easy to do. they have built in a "secure folder" which you can activate and access and then use that to move pics and videos there. you can also install apps in there, that are not visible outside of this secure folder (which will be protected). otherwise i guess it's more complicated.

Sorry did mean app.. 

My phone (Note 9) allows me to add a second account for certain apps.. Facebook, messenger, Line etc. 

But when I open the Secure folder, it doesn't allow me to add these second accounts to the folder.. 

Any idea how I get round  this  or get this working? 

2 hours ago, ShaneFalco said:

Easier if you just used 2 phones.

Was doing that and my gf is getting really suspicious 

56 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

My phone (Note 9) allows me to add a second account for certain apps.. Facebook, messenger, Line etc. 

But when I open the Secure folder, it doesn't allow me to add these second accounts to the folder.. 

you're confusing two different features. 

samsung phones give you the ability to create two accounts for messenger apps via the "dual messenger" functionality (which you apparently already know about). 

but the secure folder is differently: it's like a separate "account" on your phone. open the secure folder, click on the "+" sign and just install the app again (from play store or samsung store). then you just open the app from the secure folder and log in with your 2nd account or create a new account. all the correlated info is stored separately and only visible from the secure app. afaik you have to decide if you get notifications or not and can set this up however you want. 

at least that's my knowledge, i don't actually use that features. i just use the secure folder to move pics / videos there that i don't want to show up in the main gallery. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

39 minutes ago, petehoax said:

you're confusing two different features. 

samsung phones give you the ability to create two accounts for messenger apps via the "dual messenger" functionality (which you apparently already know about). 

but the secure folder is differently: it's like a separate "account" on your phone. open the secure folder, click on the "+" sign and just install the app again (from play store or samsung store). then you just open the app from the secure folder and log in with your 2nd account or create a new account. all the correlated info is stored separately and only visible from the secure app. afaik you have to decide if you get notifications or not and can set this up however you want. 

at least that's my knowledge, i don't actually use that features. i just use the secure folder to move pics / videos there that i don't want to show up in the main gallery. 

Thanks for explaining that... It makes perfect sense... I can see that it gives me the option to download the apps 

19 minutes ago, petehoax said:

afaik you have to decide if you get notifications or not and can set this up however you want. 

Yes, that is how Secure Folder works. And yes, you can go into Settings (from the three dot menu) and control if you get notifications for whichever app in Secure, or not. You can also rename the Secure Folder to something else. Mine for instance is renamed "Secure Backup". 

You can install whichever application you want from within Secure Folder by using the "+", as you said. The applications you install are sandboxed from the rest of the phone, and hidden from the main phone display. Using Secure Folder allows for many more options than using Dual Messenger from the main Settings menu. As you also note, using Secure Folder lets you have a separate Gallery, separate Contacts, separate Tictok, Instagram, Gmail, etc which Dual Messenger does not. 

I'd still say that if you're wanting to have two online personas, physically having two separate phones is the best way to isolate each persona from the other. The airgap between the two phones should minimize 'accidents'. I think something like Dual Messenger, where you have two accounts in the main phone space, just begs an 'accident'. 

If two phones isn't practical for whatever reason, then I think Samsung's Secure Folder, renamed to something else, is the next best thing.  

• Like 2

Try an APP called Photo Vault it’s password protected, not sure if it’s available for Android.

Secure folders is something Samsung specific as far as I know. A more generic possible solution for this would be to add another user profile to your Android phone to have 'complete' separation between personal and mongering activities without having to buy a second phone. The new user profile has it's own pin, apps and notification settings, pretty convenient. Call it 'MadMax-work'....or something, lol.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2865483?hl=en#zippy=%2Cadd-user

Edited by Ben75

yes, secure folder is samsung specific. 

51 minutes ago, Ben75 said:

Secure folders is something Samsung specific as far as I know.

And it's fortunate the thread Author/OP has a Samsung Note 9. :-) Since his question related to a Samsung phone, I didn't see an issue with providing a Samsung answer to the OP's question.

• Like 2