IGNORED

NOSH/Hiking Trails

forcebwithu

For BM's looking for something different to do for exercise during the current restrictions, the Pattaya House House Harriers have started up their NOSH (Non-Official Hash) Runs again.

Each week a couple of volunteers go out and lay a trail in one of the areas used for regular hash runs. The trails are marked with hanging paper and are usually under 8 km in length, with a shortcut for those that wish to do a shorter trail. 

The trail is available from Monday through Thursday, after which the volunteers return and pull down the hanging paper.

This week's trail is in the very scenic area of Khao Mai Keao. Directions and detailed information about the trail can be found on the PH3's NOSH Run page. You can also view posts from hashers who have already done the trail on the PH3 FB page.

If you do go out and run or walk the trail, please report back here with your experience and a few pictures.

On On.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 4

The trail for the upcoming week has now been laid and is open to use. It's in an area that is one of my favorites for running and walking trails. The area is dominated by rubber tree plantations, so almost the entire trail will be under shade.

Trail details and directions to the start/end point can be found on the PH3's NOSH Run page. Comments and pictures from hashers that have done the trail can be seen on the PH3 FB page.

NOSH21F Trail (7.5km).jpg

• 3 months later...

With the easing of social gathering restrictions a couple of weeks ago, we've restarted the NOSH Trails. These are trails that hashers from the Pattaya Hash House Harriers lay and are available to any and all who enjoy a bit of cross country running or walking.

The NOSH Trails are open to all, so if you're in the Pattaya area and would like to take advantage of something different for exercise, use this link to find out where the latest trail is.

On On.jpg

I live in Jomtien and enjoy trail running but lack transportation.   If anyone wants to give me a ride to the next Nosh I’ll spring for gas and possibly a socially distanced beer.  I do prefer a hilly trail.

1 hour ago, Cosmic36 said:

I live in Jomtien and enjoy trail running but lack transportation.   If anyone wants to give me a ride to the next Nosh I’ll spring for gas and possibly a socially distanced beer.  I do prefer a hilly trail.

There's a group that organizes trips out to the trail Tuesday and Thursday mornings. They have a Line group, which ATM I don't know the ID of, for ride sharing. I'll send an email to the contact asking for the Line ID and report back via PM or public post if they're ok with going public with the group ID.

17 hours ago, Cosmic36 said:

Heard back from the hasher who organized the Line group and unfortunately they want to keep it private as they have limited transport.

Another option is to get to know some of the guys by going to one of their Jomtien fun runs held every Sunday morning. Details about the run and start location can be found at this link.

Thanks, I’ll start with a Sunday run soon.  Luckily the start is only 5 min from my condo.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in walking or running a scenic Jungle trail, a new NOSH trail was set this morning in the beautiful Khao Mai Keao area. Directions and detailed information about the trail can be found on the Pattaya Hash House Harriers' NOSH Trail page.

As an aside, Khao Mai Keao Park has become a very popular area for hiking and mtn biking over the years. On weekends it's not unusual to see 50+ cars in the parking lot. The park has an extensive network of trails covering the entire length and breadth of the park. Be forewarned, other than the NOSH trails, the other trails are not marked, they're just paths through the Jungle. And since it is Jungle, it's easy to get turned around and lost in the park. For this reason it's highly recommended you have either a GPS or phone with GPS capabilities with you.

From a quick search I found this site that looks to have a good selection of maps, pictures and reviews of the various trail options in Khao Mai Keao Park. 

On On.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu

• forcebwithu changed the title to NOSH/Hiking Trails

Joined a couple of friends for a hike on this week's NOSH Trail. Not much humidity in the air so had a great view of Pattaya in the distance and Wat Tham Prathun in the foreground.
NOSH21T  View.jpg

The trail is in Khao Mai Keao park, and the overlook from where the pic was taken is 20km from the coast.
Screen Shot 10-04-21 at 01.00 PM.jpg

• Like 2