IGNORED

Looking for a 1070 or better video card

joey007

I dont know anyone is selling one in the Pattaya area or can recommend me a to a good/honest/trustworthy :) shop that sells used but working graphic cards.

From my understanding they are a bit cheaper in Thailand than overseas/back home. Any thoughts?

Thx

Hi mate,

You could get one in Tukcom easily. Not sure they are any more expensive or cheaper than home

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Good luck theres a world shortage of GPUs at this time.Hope you find some one that is upgrading.

21 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Hi mate,

You could get one in Tukcom easily. Not sure they are any more expensive or cheaper than home

Thx guys, I remember Tukcom selling them from last years trip but I dont know how well the quality will be there. Do they plug it in a system to show you its ok? People sometime tell horror stories of Tukcom scams :) where they bring in an iPhone and they strip it from all the good parts and put it back together with knock off parts... that still going on in Tukcom?

I know the prices are insane because of the crypto hype but I recall Thailand 2nd hand market being cheaper than compared to Western Europe.

If you are looking for a used card, my best suggestion would be Facebook Marketplace and hope for the best. 

Due to the never to be sufficiently damned crypto-currency miners, there is a decided lack of new cards available, and those that are, are jacked up in price. I was lucky enough to buy an RTX-3070 OC a few months ago for 20,000b. That same card, last I looked was near 60,000b. I wouldn't even consider selling it because how would I replace it? 

JIB and Banana are good locally for new cards. I can't recall seeing them selling used stuff. If you find one in stock, buy it immediately before someone else does. (Assuming having the card is important to you.)

Going the Amazon route, this refurbished card is $750 USD with just shy of $100 USD for shipping and customs, but it's in stock and available now, and can be sent to Thailand.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Graphics-08G-P4-6171-KR-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07MGHT66R/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=gtx+1070&qid=1621857772&sr=8-2

Good luck to you in your search for an add in video card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2021 at 18:07, sosatiel said:

reliable and great price shop https://www.jib.co.th/web/  They have shops at Tukcom and harbor as well!

Great price? They're charging like 3-4 times the MSRP on current generation video cards! 

Some older models have the correct price but they're all out of stock.

Anyway this is a very bad time to get a video card, everyone is either out of stock or doing like JIB and selling with a crazy markup. Your best bet is scavenging Facebook marketplace for a second hand one. Good luck.

Living the dream!

On 24/05/2021 at 16:49, joey007 said:

From my understanding they are a bit cheaper in Thailand than overseas/back home. Any thoughts?

I missed this in my earlier reply. I don't know where "back home" is for you. For me, "back home" is the western US. So for me, no, in general computer parts are not less expensive in Thailand, even when the part in question (hard drives) are Made in Thailand. There have often been times when I've found a computer part on Amazon US that has been less expensive even with shipping and duty than what the cost is locally. 

For me where buy locally has the edge is if the part ends up needing replacement or warranty service. I recently got a DOA motherboard from Amazon US. If Udon had a DHL office I could have shipped it back free, but they don't. Amazon gives a $20 USD credit if you don't use their DHL label. UPS charged me $100 USD to ship the board back to the US (or charged me $250 USD for the replacement if I didn't ship the dead board back). Buying the board locally would have been near double the cost (on this board). It really is a crapshoot which way works best. I rarely get defective parts from Amazon, but it is an extra expense if I do that I wouldn't have if I bought the part from a Thailand vendor.