IGNORED

Ko Phi Phi During Covid

22 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

DSC_3689.thumb.JPG.9c36c3f60599555a0500f446099d9f23.JPG

Oooohhh the Banana Bar. I've spent many nights here "kissing the sky" if you catch my drift ...   such a great place to meet people.

I miss phi phi. Trying to get back there later this month.   

You sure know how to travel in style and make the most of the lockdowns. I'm jealous even though I'm in Thailand and have the money to do the same, just not the motivation, adventurous spirit like you seem to. Thank you for these posts.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

You sure know how to travel in style and make the most of the lockdowns. I'm jealous even though I'm in Thailand and have the money to do the same, just not the motivation, adventurous spirit like you seem to. Thank you for these posts.

Dude.   Need to get out there before mass tourism opens up.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take in some of the islands while there is nobody here..    I just got back from koh tao.  And stunning without tourists

20210502_202025.jpg

IMG_20210501_222915_846.jpg

Koh Phi Phi day trip from Phuket was an absolute highlight for me a few months ago. Absolutely recommended at the moment... I'd never repeat in high-tourism season, but currently it's just incredible! 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

BuakhaoBarry

Any plans to hit Koh Lipe while it's quiet? Could be a great time to go there.

24 minutes ago, BuakhaoBarry said:

Any plans to hit Koh Lipe while it's quiet? Could be a great time to go there.

I thought Ko Lipe was the best covid tourist destination because it had the most shops and restaurants open.  Ao Nang was the worst.

Working hard to support poor Issan families, by shagging as many bar girls as I possibly can.

• 4 weeks later...
jaynewcastle

Nice to see a Phi Phi review on here.

How long did you spend on the island, and what did you do & see, apart from visiting the viewpoints ?

Three days. Besides an afternoon climbing to the viewpoint, I just hung out at the Beach Bar sipping Mango margaritas. 

IMG_20201026_145039.thumb.jpg.fb0fda8f15c2b5eebbaa78bcaae82cfb.jpg

Working hard to support poor Issan families, by shagging as many bar girls as I possibly can.

Nice report! I just visited Phi Phi Island in March and it was much the same, most shops in the village were closed but a good selection of hotels and restaurants open with great deals to be had. I had a really good time and want to return before it gets crowded again.

jaynewcastle

Yes, would be great to visit the islands now, before the hordes return. Whilst you can still get away  from the crowds on phi Phi, Ko Lipe was just busy everywhere, as its a much smaller island

I'll be having 4/5 days on Phi Phi on my next trip, hopefully in Jan 2022