Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can't reply to threads, can only reply with attachments...

Soon2Thai

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• VBF

• timbota

• davidge

Fixed it by turning a VPN off and then off and for some reason it fixed it.

Seems to be IP related for some reason, when I visit on my phone when it happens instead of my PC the same issue happens, then I turn my VPN on and then off again and refresh PA and I can type again lol.

Pretty odd bug.

47 minutes ago, Soon2Thai said:

Seems to be IP related for some reason, when I visit on my phone when it happens instead of my PC the same issue happens, then I turn my VPN on and then off again and refresh PA and I can type again lol.

Pretty odd bug.

Yes its very odd as that works for some people and not others. Also some guys who have "fixed" it that way find it happens again a few hours later

I am talking to tech as I type

You might be able to help me - if possible can you tell me (in PC)

Browser
Operating System

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hello Whitespider

As you can see i am now again able to reply to this topic at last after over a week, i could not reply on any of my computers which are Window 10 x2--Windows XP-- Chromebook--and Fire Tablets x4, using either Firefox, Chrome, Edge nothing worked, i did uninstall my VPN on my Windows XP desktop 4 days ago as a result of this problem, so today i re-installed my Openvpn on this computer and as you see can reply again but have not checked the rest, i am glad to be back again. Looking back i think there was now a problem with the openvpn software on the XP computer and after re-installing seems to have resolved my problem will have to see how i get on with my other computers.

8 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Whitespider

As you can see i am now again able to reply to this topic at last after over a week, i could not reply on any of my computers which are Window 10 x2--Windows XP-- Chromebook--and Fire Tablets x4, using either Firefox, Chrome, Edge nothing worked, i did uninstall my VPN on my Windows XP desktop 4 days ago as a result of this problem, so today i re-installed my Openvpn on this computer and as you see can reply again but have not checked the rest, i am glad to be back again. Looking back i think there was now a problem with the openvpn software on the XP computer and after re-installing seems to have resolved my problem will have to see how i get on with my other computers.

Good to see you back - its still on an off but we have guys looking at it

Unfortunately your VPN theory isn't correct - at least 50% of those affected dont use VPN. Then again if it fixed it for you then thats good news.

For those interested we have narrowed it down to a "local user issue". What we are not sure about is what is causing it.

Currently turning things off/on to see if they make any difference but thats actually unlikely as they would affect all not just a few.

We have been at it today for the last 6 hours and I am confident we will find the culprit eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done guys

Very happy to say I can post again for the 1st time since last Friday a week ago. The weekend before, I couldn't post for much of the Saturday, and the weekend before that, I couldn't post all Saturday

Just using a desktop PC with Windows 10 & Windows Edge as the browser. 

This has been the only website/forum that I use that has been affected

Fingers crossed it stays fixed  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello Whitespider

If you can read this, I can also reply now, plus I've replied to your message @whitespider

Thank you :ThumbUp6: for keeping on it and keeping us informed

For everyone's benefit.... I changed absolutely nothing on my PC - the problem was definitely "server-side" - nothing to do with IP addresses, VPNs or anything we Users had any control over.

Edited by VBF

Hopefully we are getting there.

Of the 14 guys we knew were affected (there are undoubteldy more) it seems 3 (at least) are now fixed. With luck the rest will follow shortly.

3 minutes ago, sl4ppy said:

Also fixed for me now - many thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks for letting us know. Four down about 10 to go it seems

11 hours ago, whitespider said:

Yes its very odd as that works for some people and not others. Also some guys who have "fixed" it that way find it happens again a few hours later

I am talking to tech as I type

You might be able to help me - if possible can you tell me (in PC)

Browser
Operating System

Chrome & Windows 10.

Just happened again, had to turn VPN on and off to get it to work.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soon2Thai said:

Chrome & Windows 10.

Just happened again, had to turn VPN on and off to get it to work.

Thanks I have reported this

The VPN thing is confusing as this worked for people before BUT 50% of the guys i am in touch with dont use VPN in the first place.

I have however told support.

10 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Thanks I have reported this

The VPN thing is confusing as this worked for people before BUT 50% of the guys i am in Touch with dont use VPN in the first place.

I have however told support.

Yeah I barely use my VPN except for turning it on to watch movies, I only noticed it worked because I wanted to download something and checked PA while it was downloading and noticed I could post again, before that I hadn't turned it on in weeks.

I came acorss this looking for fixes since I thought it was a problem @ my end - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/440827-after-upgrade-to-424-cannot-reply-to-or-post-new-content/

Not sure if it's helpful tho, not really familiar with Invision

Got back into Pattaya Addicts posting back on only today , expect to relapse again but hopefully not , touch wood . 
Good Luck All . 

P.S. ... Didn’t try Change anything at all , I don’t use VPN at all . 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your work on this Whitespider and support team.  Mine came back sometime yesterday, hopefully all back to normal now.