IGNORED

Pattaya set to receive 80,000 doses of Covid –19 vaccines for roughly 40,000 people by end of this month, tourism reopening plans still on track says Mayor

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pattaya – The Pattaya City administration is preparing to receive Covid –19 vaccines for 40,000 people by the end of this month. Yesterday, (May 7th), the Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunplume and doctors from the Chonburi Public Health Office have inspected the Eastern National Sports Stadium which will be a primary place for vaccine injections […]

Pattaya set to receive 80,000 doses of Covid –19 vaccines for roughly 40,000 people by end of this month, tourism reopening plans still on track says Mayor
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 2

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

@Tchiowa

However, with a large number of people who worked in the tourism industry having returned to their home provinces during the last year, vaccinating 40,000 people locally is at least a significant start with a registered population of Thai residents of 119,530 in 2019. As stated, that number is down by as much as half by some city-level estimates now.

It means that in only 3 weeks, they will be able to vaccine 67% or the remaining registered Thai residents.

Add also that for expats, we will be able to pay in june the moderna vaccine for 3-4,000 Bahts, things are changing fast !

19 hours ago, Spellforce said:

@Tchiowa

It means that in only 3 weeks, they will be able to vaccine 67% or the remaining registered Thai residents.

Add also that for expats, we will be able to pay in june the moderna vaccine for 3-4,000 Bahts, things are changing fast !

I admire your optimism....

12 hours ago, Spellforce said:

@Tchiowa

Do you have a link for verification on the purchase of Moderna in Pattaya or Thailand for ex-pats

42 minutes ago, praf165 said:

40,000 would be great!  I think I saw about 4 people on my walk this morning ..

10,000 shots each then. That should keep the covid away.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Haha 2

Every day there's headlines about what good is going to happen ie. vaccines, tourists, visas,  no/reduced quarantines, etc., etc. but nothing happens except things have gotten worse. Let's see what tomorrow's empty pronouncement is.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Do you have a link for verification on the purchase of Moderna in Pattaya or Thailand for ex-pats

I found this twitt that anwers your question:

image.png.a814edfefbfbd95f6f4228b9ce850436.png

What I also readed on twitter:

- 2 moderna injections will be for sale in private hospitals for 3,xxx bahts. Maybe more for expats ?

- Negociations are still in progress for a first batch of Moderna vaccins delivered in june, early or late june ?

- Only private hospitals will be allowed to vaccin with Moderna

- The way the foreigners will register on their application "Moch Pr.. something" + booking will be clarified for end of this month. It looks like we have to wait for 2 weeks before we'll know how to register and book a date for a first moderna injection.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

I admire your optimism....

I'm optimistic because I'm my own country (France), I'm still too young to be elligible for a vaccin. Maybe Aztrazeneca this summer ?

OK in Thailand I'll have to pay for a few thousand bahts for I and my wife ? But at least we'll have the best vaccin (arn) for this summer. Free Sinovac, Sputnik or Aztranezeka for this summer (because I'm living in Pattaya), or Pfizer for end of this year ? No way, I prefer to pay and be vaccined with moderna around jully.

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

I'm optimistic because I'm my own country (France), I'm still too young to be elligible for a vaccin. Maybe Aztrazeneca this summer ?

OK in Thailand I'll have to pay for a few thousand bahts for I and my wife ? But at least we'll have the best vaccin (arn) for this summer. Free Sinovac, Sputnik or Aztranezeka for this summer (because I'm living in Pattaya), or Pfizer for end of this year ? No way, I prefer to pay and be vaccined with moderna around jully.

All of those vaccines sound fine to me (from the standpoint of efficacy) except maybe Sinovac, which has reported Much less efficacy.  I'd be happy to pay in order to choose from any of the other 3.

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

No way, I prefer to pay and be vaccined with moderna around jully.

I think you might be a little optimistic about the timeline, Moderna has yet to be approved by the Thai authorities. The authorities have not yet agreed on a method to register foreigners for vaccines and according to an article in

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/private-moderna-vaccine-price-set-at-under-3000-baht

"But a timeline has not been announced. Yesterday the Public Health Minister estimated the Moderna vaccine will arrive in Thailand in the last 2 quarters of this year."

Thai bureaucracy is not noted for its speed and changing the App to include foreigner registration could be something that holds up the whole process, especially when you think that online registration for 90 day reporting was down for months for repairs and updates.

I truly hope the Thai authorities get their act together and that there is a faster rollout of vaccines than there has been to date!

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

"During the last week reported, Thailand averaged about 41,089 doses administered each day. At that rate, it will take a further 339 days to administer enough doses for another 10% of the population."

Edited by kd_traveller
  • Like 1