IGNORED

Anyone using 5G in Pattaya? How are the speeds and coverage?

Title is quite self-explanatory.

Anyone been using it in the Pattaya area?

I read AIS has quite a potent signal with good broadband and speeds.

Any factual data will be appreciated!

I was just about to post this. Can't install broadband in my condo so looking to upgrade to 5G phone and share the hotspot. I know 5G doesn't work too well indoors, but I'm close to a window so hoping to get at least 30mbs near the Avenue in central Pattaya.

Following...

On 04/05/2021 at 17:53, frantick said:

I was just about to post this. Can't install broadband in my condo so looking to upgrade to 5G phone and share the hotspot. I know 5G doesn't work too well indoors, but I'm close to a window so hoping to get at least 30mbs near the Avenue in central Pattaya.

Following...

Should be doable with 4G. But you are likely to have a volume limit if looking at Prepaid. Unlimited can be capped at 10 Mbps.

Yes, that's what I'm doing now, 4G unlimited 10mbs. But wanting more speed as some of these IPTV services aren't optimized for streaming like Netflix, YouTube, etc. are.

4G can easily do the speeds you're looking for. Only those 10mbps unlimited plans are reasonably priced. Otherwise, the high speed 4G plans itself are expensive. 5G will only add to that. 

Coming to 5G in Pattaya, I think only AIS has it here and even that is limited to the densely populated areas which should include Central Avenue. I believe they have a map of their coverage. 

Either way, you'll be looking at an extremely high phone bill.