IGNORED

Cleaning Services

Clement P

Hi everyone? .. I'm going to be renting an apartment and was wondering how best to get a cleaning lady in 2-3 times per week. Interested to know how much they would charge too. Thanks.

They are surprisingly expensive, to me anyway.

Depending where you’re staying, there might be someone in-house (attached to one of the laundries if the building has them) and there are also larger companies that advertise on Facebook etc.

Last time I was there, prices were from about 350 baht for a smallish studio, to 500 baht for a 1-bed, or higher I guess if a larger place. Some include bed change, some don’t.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thank you David for this reply, really helpful.

I'll be staying at the Centara Residence condos on Soi Buakhao 15. A lovely place but quite a big condo so was hoping to get some help. As I recall - there is a laundry hut just outside so I will take your advice and ask one of the ladies there - even just once a week would be ok as I could do my bit too.

Cheers again mate.

I use these two people who lost their jobs here because of Covid and started their own cleaning company...sad story.

https://www.facebook.com/House-cleaning-services-100935725408831

She used to work at Royal Cliff as a Cleaning lady and he worked in the tourism industry. Both nice people.

I am charged 400b for my 35 sqm 1 bed condo, normally I get quoted 500b or more, with one company on FaceBook wanting 1.2k!

Some crazy pricing out there...

14 minutes ago, article22 said:

I use these two people who lost their jobs here because of Covid and started their own cleaning company...sad story.

https://www.facebook.com/House-cleaning-services-100935725408831

She used to work at Royal Cliff as a Cleaning lady and he worked in the tourism industry. Both nice people.

I am charged 400b for my 35 sqm 1 bed condo, normally I get quoted 500b or more, with one company on FaceBook wanting 1.2k!

Some crazy pricing out there...

Good contract to have, thanks article22. How long do they spend cleaning your 35 sqm condo? 

Thank you very much. i will keep their info handy and contact them. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

The usual condo cleaning rate at VT2 is from 350bt for standard studio up to 500bt for larger condos.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

56 minutes ago, wadman said:

Good contract to have, thanks article22. How long do they spend cleaning your 35 sqm condo? 

About 2 hours, depending...I ask for extra stuff to be deep cleaned and they are happy to do the work which is nice.

Surprising how many places there are to get dusty and dirty in such a small space!

They mop, sweep the floor, vacuum, mop the balcony, clean the shower, sink and toilet, change bed, dust everywhere. I help them to move my furniture and dust behind everything which most cleaning places do not do in case they break anything.

You normally find a local cleaning company in most condos which in the older places are very good value. Here they want 700 baht though!

30 minutes ago, article22 said:

About 2 hours, depending...I ask for extra stuff to be deep cleaned and they are happy to do the work which is nice.

Surprising how many places there are to get dusty and dirty in such a small space!

They mop, sweep the floor, vacuum, mop the balcony, clean the shower, sink and toilet, change bed, dust everywhere. I help them to move my furniture and dust behind everything which most cleaning places do not do in case they break anything.

You normally find a local cleaning company in most condos which in the older places are very good value. Here they want 700 baht though!

Thanks for the detailed info. Sounds like it's a thorough job. 

Where do they want 700 baht? Grand avenue? 

2 minutes ago, wadman said:

Thanks for the detailed info. Sounds like it's a thorough job. 

Where do they want 700 baht? Grand avenue? 

Unixx

1 minute ago, article22 said:

Unixx

700 baht for 2 hours of unskilled labor (although a tough 2 hours) is just nuts. I can pretty much guess as to why it's so high: 50% for the juristic office (for doing nothing), 50% to the actual cleaners. 

3 minutes ago, wadman said:

700 baht for 2 hours of unskilled labor (although a tough 2 hours) is just nuts. I can pretty much guess as to why it's so high: 50% for the juristic office (for doing nothing), 50% to the actual cleaners. 

Well it is 4 hrs in total, depending on the amount of people they use...seen them arrive in packs of 4 and they get it done fast!

Definitely someone taking a cut here...hard to know who exactly...but I aint paying them :)

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2021 at 16:58, wadman said:

Many Japanese residents. High expectations.

Jack